The Disneymooners...My Fantasy-tastic Disney Honeymoon!

Well friends, it's been about a month since my new wife and I disembarked from our 8 day honeymoon adventure to WDW and on the DCL Fantasy so I figured it was a perfect time to re-live it all for your reading enjoyment! With 500 pictures, three bags full of goodies, and countless memories, my wife and I had the time of our lives. I must say that this was the greatest way to kick off our lives together and I encourage everyone to try it...

Here are a few photos from our big day, September 14th... A lot of your wedding planning involved a Disney theme. Our showers, our wedding rehersal night as well as the wedding itself.
b01915d659d818f7f76116b19e8188ad.jpg

b111527c72ded53072d8cd42d53a3aee.jpg

b2feb44e01723e4646bcc332edbe69aa.jpg

The wedding was fantastic and I couldn't have had a better experience if I tried. I married the love of my life and she shares the same passion for many of my interests and the biggest is an obvious one, Disney!

The planning for our wedding and honeymoon had a great assist from our(WDWMagic) fearless WDW/DCL guru, Tammy. She was instrumental in helping us plan for the honeymoon, but also helping our guests, friends and family contribute to our honeymoon, and for that Heather and I are greatly appreciative... Take a bow!! :)

After the wedding, we had to wait a long week for our honeymoon to begin. We counted the hours, minutes, and seconds to the day we were leaving, September 21st...We decided to wait a week after to get things in order for our time away and not have to leave the day after. It also allowed us to book our trip on the Fantasy and begin our "cruise career"(thanks sweetpee and hubs ;)) on the newest ship.

Many people encouraged us to fly down a night prior to the cruise in case of any misshaps and things, so we booked a night at All-Star Sports, where we stayed on our first WDW trip together, and then begin our cruise adventure the next day, Sept 22...

Sept 21st-4am was the "get up time" we decided on to get us to the airport for our 7am flight. Packing was finished the night before, so it was just a quick shower and jump in the car for the 45 minute ride to Midway Airport. We actually live 15 minutes from Chicago O'hare but Southwest flies there to Orlando and the fares were great for this time of year and no bag fees! :D We brought an extra garment bag for our suits and dresses so not paying an extra fee for the 3rd bag was good. Heather's dad got us there in no time(lead foot!). Check in and security was a breeze however the gate was at the other end of the terminal so we had to hoof it, thank God for moving walk ways...Got a bite to eat from our vacation staple food source, McDonalds and bought some water for the plane ride. He had about 25 minutes before boarding so we grabbed a seat and
relaxed...

Boarding was quick and painless buuuuut the departure was not! Details next!

sweetpee_1993

Billy!!! You started!!!

Okay! First, I totally LOVE you for the "cruise career" shout-out! Isn't that the funniest?! Last night we were watching tv after the boys left to go to the Assassin's Creed launch event. He turns to me and says, "Okay. The boys are gone. Let's talk cruise career. Have you looked at anymore sailings in January? Any changes to the prices?" Nope. So I continued watching tv. ((The Long Island Medium is totally addictive!)) Then he got MAD at me for not engaging him more in cruise career talk. I'm telling you, the man is sick with it! LOL!

Second, your bride is beautiful!!! I so wish we had sailed the Fantasy with y'all. Her pink shoes is evidence enough that we would've been BFFs for sure! The only thing better than hot pink is sparkly hot pink. And she NAILED it! Love love love it!

Y'all are adorable! So many great big huge congrats to you!

Billy6

Original Poster
We pushed back from the gate on time but before we moved to the taxi way, the plane stopped to do its flight checks and rev the engines, the captian came on and said that when they pushed back someone noticed something concerning on the wing. OOOOOOK! I looked at Heather with that "here we go" look on my face and she was not happy either. Captian said it would be about 15 minutes but 5 minutes later he came on and said they would have to go back to a gate and shut the engines off to get a closer look... Same evil look to Heather insued and the groans from the other passengers filled the cabin, then one passenger said "well, its the wing, we need that"...YA THINK! o_O It was only about 15 minutes after we got to the gate before they completed their check and we pushed back again, then a smooth drive to the runway and we were on our way to MCO!!!

We arrived at MCO about 30 minutes behind schedule so it didn't throw our plans for the day out of whack too much...
9d35bf226ed04ce89258a9e3e5a9a1fd.jpg

Customary bathroom break and pit stop at Starbuck's aside, we made our way to DME B-side and gathered in our corral for All-Star resorts, which was about 1/3 full so we knew it wouldn't be a huge wait. Pretty much all of the rest of the corrals were packed but ours wasn't bad at all. 15-ish minutes later the CM came up and let the group stream to the doors, and as we got up to the front of the line, the people count was getting high and I asked "Two more!" and she let us in and then closed the line right behind us! Saawweet! :D

Settled into a mid bus seat and before long we were on our way!
3a93fa687324467c87f2bc0ed69f3089.jpg

Billy6

Original Poster
Our plan was to get to the Magic Kingdom by 1pm and the time we were on DME was around 1145. We had been chosen to test the FastPass+ trials and our first "reservation" started at 1pm-2pm for Haunted Mansion. Once we got to AS-Sports, the online check in line was small, and I was next up in line with two CM's with people being helped. Once I made it to the desk, everything went well until the CM printed our room keys, it took about 5 minutes for her to get it, but according to the other CM as the key cutter was down right before we arrived and was still booting up or something to that effect. We had reserved a standard view for the one night and were placed in Hoops Hotel, where we had not stayed before, so cool with me! It was a bit of a walk however, as it was on the furthest wing back but right by the elevators and vending area. Heather took some pics of the towel animals and we did a quick change and refreshed ourselves and made our way back to the bus stops.

aa0751695edd0613e632fe2688516b13.jpg

It was about 1pm so we decided that we would eat lunch at Pinocchio's once we got there, because we didnt think we would be able to make our first FastPass+ time if we had to stop at the other two resorts first...So here's were some positive thinking came into play...We got on an empty bus and thought for sure we would be going to AS-Music, but to our surprise, we turned left on to the road instead of right to the other resorts! Change of plans, but for the good!..We agreed if we got to MK and had a good 15 minutes to spare we would go ahead to make it to Haunted Mansion before lunch. We also wanted to get our "Just Married" pins as we went in...

15 minutes later we were there! Magic Kingdom...The bus, of course, went to the last drop off zone and we had a good walk/run to the front, but we definately would have enough time to get to HM after we got our pins...
1c94659885ddcd44b1ead9c174c4fc20.jpg

At City Hall, there was a CM outside with a cart full of pins, so we didnt have to wait inside..She didn't have anymore "Just Married" pins, but she took a "happily ever after" ones and Sharpied "just married" on the bottom, which was ok by us...

tink65

Great start to what looks & sounds like a great TR! Congratulations and can't wait to keep on reading.... Lovin' the shoes!!!

WishIWasAtWDW

Congratulations! And count me in as another girl who LOVES your wife's shoes!! So cute! I wish I had thought to do that for my wedding. What a great idea! :D I'm cruising on the Fantasy next May so I can't wait to hear what you thought and see some pictures! I can't wait to read the rest of your report.

harveyt0206

Following along...love it so far. You and your lovely bride look wonderful in your wedding pic. I love her dress and those shoes!!! *sigh*. I want to go put Disney sayings on the bottom of all my shoes now.

Billy6

Original Poster
Billy!!! You started!!!

Okay! First, I totally LOVE you for the "cruise career" shout-out! Isn't that the funniest?! Last night we were watching tv after the boys left to go to the Assassin's Creed launch event. He turns to me and says, "Okay. The boys are gone. Let's talk cruise career. Have you looked at anymore sailings in January? Any changes to the prices?" Nope. So I continued watching tv. ((The Long Island Medium is totally addictive!)) Then he got MAD at me for not engaging him more in cruise career talk. I'm telling you, the man is sick with it! LOL!

Second, your bride is beautiful!!! I so wish we had sailed the Fantasy with y'all. Her pink shoes is evidence enough that we would've been BFFs for sure! The only thing better than hot pink is sparkly hot pink. And she NAILED it! Love love love it!

Y'all are adorable! So many great big huge congrats to you!
I thought that statement from Tracey was classic! And what you just described was me and Heather from the day we booked the cruise til the wedding day.. Me:"Let's talk about the cruise".... Heather: "we have more important things to discuss"...Me::("really, this is important"...Heather: 'look of death"...You get the picture...:rolleyes:

Thank you, that's why I married her! Not letting her get away from me...We were wishing you were there too. We didnt share a table with anyone, and one table(116, we were 115) was empty the entire time. There was a family with two kids, mom and gramma at one and a family of 8 at the other in our server section. I mean we had some good convo with ourselves but it got lonely...Oh well, next time...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom