The Disney Store and Court

AlishaMisha

Original Poster
I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything about The Children's Place going to court yesturday (Tuesday, April 22nd) over the Disney Store. Any news? Anything?!

Oh yeah and if no one has heard yet, Disney is testing out a particular design in the UK in a few stores that they like. I heard it is a mixture of what we have now and what it use to be (the animated figures). I also heard they don't seem interested in going back to the full fledged animated figures at this point. Anyone have resources to concept art?

:king:~Leash

wedway71

I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything about The Children's Place going to court yesturday (Tuesday, April 22nd) over the Disney Store. Any news? Anything?!

Oh yeah and if no one has heard yet, Disney is testing out a particular design in the UK in a few stores that they like. I heard it is a mixture of what we have now and what it use to be (the animated figures). I also heard they don't seem interested in going back to the full fledged animated figures at this point. Anyone have resources to concept art?

I am really excited about this. I was hoping to leverage my 20 plus years in Retail Management to come on board with Disney.I thought Disney Store would be great way to do that. Then they sold... NOW THEY ARE BACK.

I am interested to see who the new President/Vice President will be.

I would hope they would use someone from Parks/Resorts Merchandise to fill in the slots rather than from Consumer Products since they have more Design and license backround verses Operations.

AlishaMisha

Original Poster
I have noticed that the Disny Store already (ever so slightly) has been getting better stuff. Anyone see the Snow White Garden Collection yet? I did see that they had some of it for the past year on Disney Shopping, but it was the first good quality sight I have seen at the Disney Store in YEARS.

I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to see it run by the park/resorts merchandise people as well. They too are getting better on quality! I just love they new stuff they have done with Epcot merch. and the T's at MK as well. You know it's gotten bad when board members need to report good quality sightings. Especially when others NEED photo evidence to believe it!

Captain Hank

I have noticed that the Disny Store already (ever so slightly) has been getting better stuff. Anyone see the Snow White Garden Collection yet? I did see that they had some of it for the past year on Disney Shopping, but it was the first good quality sight I have seen at the Disney Store in YEARS.

I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to see it run by the park/resorts merchandise people as well. They too are getting better on quality! I just love they new stuff they have done with Epcot merch. and the T's at MK as well. You know it's gotten bad when board members need to report good quality sightings. Especially when others NEED photo evidence to believe it!
Keep in mind that there's a very long lag time between the time that an item is purchased by retail buyers and when it is actually made available for sale. All of the items you see now in Disney Stores, and will see for the next several seasons, were created/purchased by Children's Place buyers.

In short, the recent up-tick in quality (which I, too have noticed) is not related to Disney re-acquiring the stores in any way. Not to say that I'm a fan of Children's Place, but just trying to give credit where credit is due.

AlishaMisha

Original Poster
Keep in mind that there's a very long lag time between the time that an item is purchased by retail buyers and when it is actually made available for sale. All of the items you see now in Disney Stores, and will see for the next several seasons, were created/purchased by Children's Place buyers.

In short, the recent up-tick in quality (which I, too have noticed) is not related to Disney re-acquiring the stores in any way. Not to say that I'm a fan of Children's Place, but just trying to give credit where credit is due.

I am aware of this, but thank you for explaining in detail. I tend to not get messages across effectivly.

To add to the info, I want to make it clear that the renovations to the store are going to be completed over a 5 year time frame. So don't get too excited and think your local one will be done soon. It could be a while.

Well since everyone keeps on asking if theirs will close, I figured I would start a list of the stores that are so far on the "safe" list. Please add any to the list that you know of. I will also include the dreaded "closing/closed" list.

The Disney Store's "Safe" List

*The Maine Mall - South Portland, Maine

*The Burlington Mall -Burlington, MA

The Disney Store's "Closing/ Closed" List

*Mall at Rockingham Park - Salem, NH ( Just Recently Closed)

Alas I dont have pictures exactly But I have been to the first of these new concept stores. The Lakeside store I practically grew up with as a kid so it was a joy to see it regain some former glory.

Basically the new concept makes the store a lot more fun and eye catching and changes things a bit. The giant 6 screen TV and the soft toy pit are now gone. Theres now dedicated shelf space to soft toys, also everythings set out in each series (so Tinkerbell one section, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse the other ect.)

In the middle of the store now is a giant coloumn which has shelf space on it (currently for HSM and Hannah Montanna stuff) and at the top a big wrap around LCD screen playing video. I Believe theres a decently sided normal TV type thing at the back of the store too

Everythings a lot more colourful. I cant vouch exactly for any animated figures. At least; nothing like the animated figures there used to be when the store first opened. There is however a Giant chararcter statue in the store used for Photo oppertunites, they change the character every so often to boot. When it re-opened it had Captain Jack, it's currently got (Giant :lookaroun) Remy from Ratatoullie. I assume this will change to Wall-E when that rolls around.

Also the ground in the stores all been repaved with special marble blocks with lights in them, though more advanced than Epcots variation. These once actually look like they sparkle, so it looks really lovely and adds to the magic

Hope those details helped :wave:

AlishaMisha

Original Poster
It's better but I must say I am still completely unhappy with the new design. I guess my hopes were too high. I am still mourning over the loss :cry:

Belle218

I am aware of this, but thank you for explaining in detail. I tend to not get messages across effectivly.

To add to the info, I want to make it clear that the renovations to the store are going to be completed over a 5 year time frame. So don't get too excited and think your local one will be done soon. It could be a while.

Well since everyone keeps on asking if theirs will close, I figured I would start a list of the stores that are so far on the "safe" list. Please add any to the list that you know of. I will also include the dreaded "closing/closed" list.

The Disney Store's "Safe" List

*The Maine Mall - South Portland, Maine

*The Burlington Mall -Burlington, MA

The Disney Store's "Closing/ Closed" List

*Mall at Rockingham Park - Salem, NH ( Just Recently Closed)

This list is inaccurate. These stores are in my district. Burlington closed almost 2 months ago and Rockingham is still open. The store in NH slated to close are Pheasent Lane in Nashua and Mall of New Hampsire in Manchester. We are all aware that this could cjange at anytime though. I have been at my store for 15 years, I was opening crew, and am thrilled to see it back in disney hands. The big question will be, how many of the aquired stores will stay open. We still are not sure of what discounts will be given to management or PT cast members. I will be an interesting month of May.

tds4ever

Now I've been wrong before...many times on this forum... but from what I've read of the backrupsy docket it seems the Disney Company witll Aquire at least 180 stores and no more than 220. The docket also stated that this list is fluid and can and will change. That means that any store on the remaining list that moves to the aquired will bump a store currently on the list. But as I stated before, I have been wrong many times and even this info could change. Were hoping our store can find it's way onto that aquired list...fingers crossed.

lilo091701

No news yet but at my store we are all being transferered over as WDW Cast Members. We had to do paper work this week along with getting our pictures taken for our WDW id cards!!!!:sohappy:

We are all a little excited about the change that is going to happen but still on the edge of our seats about what stores are closing. Right now no news is good news to us!!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom