News The 'Disney Look' to be further relaxed at Walt Disney World

Raineman

I'm still kinda confused about this, and the reason that I say that is because I've seen plenty of CMs over the last few years that had beards longer than a quarter of an inch. Overall, I'm ok with this. I don't really see it as a big deal or anything. If a little facial hair and a necklace or bracelet is going to ruin the Disney magic for you, then you may or may not be overreacting. ;)
Huh? Constantly deconstructing and decrying the excruciating minutia of every single decision by Disney? That's not overreacting, and it never happens here. You just don't understand the profound impact that facial hair or jewelery on a CM has on my life. :)

lebeau

There is a talent pool. The only catch is that Disney actually follow the rules and hires cast members with proper documentation to legally work in the USA.

Mouse Trap

People who are saying the "little details" in appearance matter or the cast members are "playing a role in the parks" are downright delusional. You don't seriously believe appearance has anything to do with that, do you? 😂

If this was true and actually mattered then each land should have appearance guidelines that are reflective of time period/movie/IP/etc that they are working in.

I'm not saying that Disney should allow ALL sorts of appearance, but it's laughable reading the reasons why Disney shouldn't be more progressive and open with their appearance standards.

BigThunderMatt

That all? I'm not trying to be mean, but there's a serious issue with way overweight CMs, and kind of breaks your narrative. It says a lot about the working poor and how that affects their health and appearance. I think being worried about stubble and beards and necklaces are the least of their concerns.

Based on their signature, they're barely out of high school. And if they truly were on the DCP they were very much the sycophantic type of CP Cast Member I despised having to work with.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
No problem with bracelet and necklace here. About the 1" beard, I don't particularly like it, I prefer a more polished look on CM's. I get that times change, though.

As long as beards are well kept (clean, combed and neat), I'm ok. Also, I'd rather not have a disheveled bearded dude preparing and handling my food. Standards should apply to this new guideline, imo.

Lilofan

No problem with bracelet and necklace here. About the 1" beard, I don't particularly like it, I prefer a more polished look on CM's. I get that times change, though.

As long as beards are well kept (clean, combed and neat), I'm ok. Also, I'd rather not have a disheveled bearded dude preparing and handling my food. Standards should apply to this new guideline, imo.
Looks like Disney look for beards includes kitchen staff that cook and prepare guest food. I always look before I eat and if it's not acceptable I send it back!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom