The Disney Look is Changing

MickeyPeace

"That's not to say Santa Claus can suddenly start working in the Magic Kingdom. Disney's new policy restricts any facial hair to no more than a quarter of an inch in length. And the company says any chin whiskers "must create an overall neat, polished and professional look" and must be fully grown in and well-groomed".

Sexy. I say bring it on.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
These are well groomed beards being allowed.

Disney's new policy restricts any facial hair to no more than a quarter of an inch in length. And the company says any chin whiskers "must create an overall neat, polished and professional look" and must be fully grown in and well-groomed.​

wdwfan4ver

Let's start a list shall we?

Jesus

Moses

Abraham Lincoln

come on, everyone, see who you can add...

Ulysses S. Grant
Benjamin Harrison
Rutherford B. Hayes
William Tecumseh Sherman (His troops burned down Atlanta during the Civil War)
Robert E. Lee
Alexander Graham Bell
Nicholas II of Russia (last czar of Russia)
Socrates - ancient greek philosopher
Charlemagne - king of the Franks and Holy Roman Emperor
Charles Dickens

I could add on even a lot more famous people with beards.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
:sohappy:

Makes me happy!

As a military man who had a medical exemption from shaving, I thought I'd have no hope of working at WDW after I retire. Now, I'll only have to be sure to always wear long sleeves to hide my tattoo.

Well, and retire....

And buy a place near WDW...

:lookaroun

hrcollectibles

:sohappy:

Makes me happy!

As a military man who had a medical exemption from shaving, I thought I'd have no hope of working at WDW after I retire. Now, I'll only have to be sure to always wear long sleeves to hide my tattoo.

Well, and retire....

And buy a place near WDW...

:lookaroun

I hear Golden Oaks is nice :animwink:

As far as facial hair is concerned I think this is a step in the right direction.

RSoxNo1

Ulysses S. Grant
Benhamin Harrison
Rtherford B. Hayes
William Tecumseh Sherman (His troops burned down Atlanta during the Civil War)
Robert E. Lee
Alexander Graham Bell
Nicholas II of Russia (last czar of Russia)
Socrates - ancient greek philosopher
Charlemagne - king of the Franks and Holy Roman Emperor
Charles Dickens
Tim Grassey

I could add on even a lot more famous people with beards.

I fixed that for you.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I hear Golden Oaks is nice :animwink:

As far as facial hair is concerned I think this is a step in the right direction.

Golden Oaks would most assuredly be in the mix... If I win the lottery. Of course, that would also make the wait for retirement shorter than the current 7 years! :lol:

theRIOT

As a former CM and avid beard wearer I say it's about time.
Nothing like being a 25-year-old who looked 15 because of being forced to shave.

And before you say 'well you could have worked someplace else,' I knew that going in and I excepted it, because I wanted to work there.

I never did understand the mustache only policy. That's hardly a good look on anyone.

Cheers!

Millionaire2K

I see nothing wrong either way. I like how Disney also cares about its employee's.

Also as times change so does style and dress code with ALL jobs. Light stubble has been in style for awhile now. Some may not like but others do.

wedway71

One of the biggest issues I see is enforcement. When the Disney Look was no hair, a manager could make a decision easily if that person was in accordance with the look. They are either clean shaven or not.

Now, this falls into a very grey area. I may think my beard is full and lush while my boss thinks I look like a homeless person. Then, are managers going to carry a ruler and measure beards to ensure it is within the requirements?

Pioneer Hall

Original Poster
One of the biggest issues I see is enforcement. When the Disney Look was no hair, a manager could make a decision easily if that person was in accordance with the look. They are either clean shaven or not.

Now, this falls into a very grey area. I may think my beard is full and lush while my boss thinks I look like a homeless person. Then, are managers going to carry a ruler and measure beards to ensure it is within the requirements?

Like other items for the Disney Look, there will be pictures that show what is and what is not allowed. So they won't have to just try and figure out exactly what will be considered acceptable or not.

Tom Morrow

I'm assuming that cast members will soon be issued more detailed guidelines with examples of what is acceptable and what isn't.

wedway71

Not to sound like a Beard basher...I am not. My Dad has one ever since I was born, and I have had a fewmyself. Being said, I am sorry, but I just do not like it.

Disney sometimes will dumb down the guests meaning that Disney thinks the average everyday guest does not look at small details, sorry they do.

Point at hand, one of the earliest memories I have of WDW,( I was born same year in 71 that WDW opened) was noticing how the cast members looked. I remember asking my Grandmother once when I was about 7" Why do all the boys had short hair and looked alike?". Now I am not for cloning cast members, but thats what set Disney apart from other places.

Again, I am not saying a person is evil for having a beard, but I see nothing wrong with Disney keeping up strict grooming standards. So what, if the rest of the places in Orlando are lax, let them be, so Disney can offer a better product.

Yeah, yeah, I know, I am going to get bashed for being so old school.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom