The Disney HUB + TDS?

Keith_WaterTank

Original Poster
Hey,

When I was a CM at WDW, there was a website called "The HUB" that was basically the way the company communicated across the entire theme parks, movies, resorts, and television divisions. Do you think that they will use The HUB to communicate to TDS employees in the future? There is a section of the HUB about ABC affiliates, the Studios, WDW, DL, DL Pairs, Tokyo, etc etc.... I'm just curious because I miss the HUB so much!!

The HUB ---> http://enterpriseportal.disney.com

Keith
TDS CM - Deptford NJ - Store #0465

Keith_WaterTank

Original Poster
Yeah it would be awesome! I was on the HUB under a friends account last week (it had been about 8 months since I was last on) and I missed it so much!!!!! Where did you work at WDW/DL etc?

joanna71985

I have been in 3 different areas since 2005 (and will be in a 4th in 3 weeks). So far I have done merchandise (2005), character attendant (2006, and am still trained), custodial (2007), and will be doing QSFB next.

chipndale

I just looked on the hub, and it seems like the only links to other disney sites are all disney owned. Since the Walt Disney Company doesnt own TDS, I don't imagine that there would be a link on it for TDS. Maybe if The Childrens Place sold TDS back to Disney then TDS would have hub access!!!

Hey,

When I was a CM at WDW, there was a website called "The HUB" that was basically the way the company communicated across the entire theme parks, movies, resorts, and television divisions. Do you think that they will use The HUB to communicate to TDS employees in the future? There is a section of the HUB about ABC affiliates, the Studios, WDW, DL, DL Pairs, Tokyo, etc etc.... I'm just curious because I miss the HUB so much!!

The HUB ---> http://enterpriseportal.disney.com

Keith
TDS CM - Deptford NJ - Store #0465

TheDisneyGirl02

I just looked on the hub, and it seems like the only links to other disney sites are all disney owned. Since the Walt Disney Company doesnt own TDS, I don't imagine that there would be a link on it for TDS. Maybe if The Childrens Place sold TDS back to Disney then TDS would have hub access!!!

As of today, May 1, TDS IS indeed owned by Disney once again.

BURBANK, Calif. - Walt Disney Co. said Thursday it has taken over the Disney Store chain in North America from Children's Place Retail Stores, and will close about 98 stores U.S. and two in Canada.

Specific financial terms weren't disclosed, but Secaucus, N.J.-based Children's Place said it will cost the company $50 million to exit the operations, at the bottom of its estimated range of $50 million to $100 million.

Walt Disney acquired about 220 Disney Stores in the U.S. and Canada. The deal was completed in conjunction with the bankruptcy proceedings Children's Place subsidiaries Hoop Retail Stores and Hoop Canada, which ran the Disney Store chain. The companies filed for Chapter 11 protection in March.

Children's Place will provide transitional support services to Disney for up to six months. After the deal closes, Children's Place said Hoop will continue with its bankruptcy and anticipates filing a plan of reorganization by the end of 2008.

"For The Children's Place, we can once again focus exclusively on building our core namesake brand and driving the business forward," said Chuck Crovitz, interim chief executive of the children's clothing chain. "For Hoop, the transfer of the DSNA business back to Disney maximizes the return to creditors, enables a substantial portion of the chain to continue operating and is in the best interest of Hoop's suppliers, landlords, creditors and others."

Children's Place took control of the stores in 2004. Crovitz said in March that the arrangement hadn't worked out.

In announcing its exit plan March 20, Children's Place said the Disney Stores recorded an operating loss of $92.1 million for the quarter that ended Feb. 2, and $107.3 million for the year.

Disney says company veteran James D. Fielding will become president of Disney Stores Worldwide, overseeing North American operations and the 107 Disney Stores in Europe

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom