The Disney Archives

The_Jobu

Original Poster
Here's something I've always wondered, this seemed like the right forum for it.

Are the Disney Archives an actual archive? As in an archive that academics visit to study primary sources, etc? Like the beautiful National Archives in Kew, UK (not that large obviously)? I'm a historian (got a phd and everything!), and there's a project I've always wanted to write but I cant find any manner for the public to request a visit. All I find are notices to visit the latest exhibitions they display.

Super niche topic, but hey, if you guys dont know, then I doubt anyone would.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Yes, the Archive is a physical (and I would presume digital) collection run by archivists.

Check out "Prop Culture" on Disney+ as I think they visit the Archive a couple of times during the show.

Whether they allow outside academics to visit would probably depend on the specifics of the request. Talking to them at one of the D23 events may be a good way to find out more on that topic.

The_Jobu

Original Poster
Yes, the Archive is a physical (and I would presume digital) collection run by archivists.

Check out "Prop Culture" on Disney+ as I think they visit the Archive a couple of times during the show.

Whether they allow outside academics to visit would probably depend on the specifics of the request. Talking to them at one of the D23 events may be a good way to find out more on that topic.

Interesting. I didn't know they were regulars at d23. Might be a good excuse to go.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom