The DC Comics Film Thread

DVCscott

Apparently some issues with The Batman movie due out next year.
Test screening for WB execs did not go over well. Reshoots ordered. Rumored this thing is BAD but there is some time for changes to be made. Google for more detailed articles. Take as rumor only for now, but many sources have reputation for strong accuracy. Hopefully flaws will be patched up. I want this to be good.

Screamface

Test screening for WB execs did not go over well. Reshoots ordered. Rumored this thing is BAD but there is some time for changes to be made. Google for more detailed articles. Take as rumor only for now, but many sources have reputation for strong accuracy. Hopefully flaws will be patched up. I want this to be good.

I have no idea whether to believe any of these. People like Doom aren't exactly known for a track record of accuracy.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Post the link. We're not playing guessing games with your sources. It's all a bunch of hooey until we can vet the source.

This isn't our first whisper campaign rodeo.

DVCscott

Post the link. We're not playing guessing games with your sources. It's all a bunch of hooey until we can vet the source.

This isn't our first whisper campaign rodeo.
Very polite way of asking.

Again, key word for all of this is "rumor", so take it as nothing more.

DVCscott

The rumour of WB not liking The Batman are false, from a low rate website that pretty much no one has heard of with vague allusions to knowing people at WB
This gives me some relief. I really want this to be good. The Nolan trilogy set the bar high for Batman movies, and I want this new take to deliver. Even if there is some truth to these reshoots and problem elements with the movie as it stands, the fact it doesn't come out until next year gives enough time for improvements.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Very polite way of asking.

Again, key word for all of this is "rumor", so take it as nothing more.

Well, there's rumor, and there's click-bait nerd-rage, and that's what this source is. Sorry if it seemed my animus was directed at you and not these type of 'sources.'

This is theater to boost his ego and stir the pot and to feed into rage culture.

This guy doesn't have real inside sources. And what little bits he does get, it's from some employee with an axe to grind against their employer.

It's indeed a whisper campaign.

Also, your first source is just quoting your second source. It's just one source.

NateD1226

The Suicide Squad has debuted with a 100% on Rotten Tomatoes! As of right now, there are 15 reviews with many more to come.

The Grand Inquisitor

The Suicide Squad has debuted with a 100% on Rotten Tomatoes! As of right now, there are 15 reviews with many more to come.

I cannot wait to see the movie next week! I've got tickets to see it with my family on Thursday night and plans to see it Friday night at the drive in with my friends!

J4546

I think DC is just really screwing their super heros. Their movies are pretty much all terrible imo. Im interested in the new batman but Im not too hopeful. I wish theyd make batman grittier and dark, like DCs version of the punisher. Have his parents get killed when hes a kid, but he doesnt get the money, it goes to some crappy relative who squanders it. Bruce goes into the military (make this movie vietnam era) and he gets really messed up and] gets a nasty scar on his face, hence the mask, have him come back full of ptsd, feeling like the world abandoned him and let him go nuts....I would love to see that batman movie lol

Squidney

I haven't seen the first Suicide Squad movie yet so I should probably see that one before the new one, correct? I usually never watch movies in order half the time anyway, lol.

BubbaisSleep

I haven't seen the first Suicide Squad movie yet so I should probably see that one before the new one, correct? I usually never watch movies in order half the time anyway, lol.
The sequel movie will have a different director, artistic vision, and nearly a whole different cast, so you don't exactly need to see the first one. The first movie is pretty much a Harley Quinn movie now that they got rid of all almost all the characters.

Screamface

Nope, not correct. You don't need to have seen the old one for this and it's probably recommended you don't. This is entirely its own thing and not a conventional sequel.

erasure fan1

I just watched the suicide squad last night. It was good, obviously better than the first. It was definitely a Gunn film for sure. It felt like a rated R guardians to me but with Gunn's darker humor. It's near the top of the DCEU movies, but that is a pretty low bar. It's worth a watch on HBO if you have it, but I wouldn't have gone to a theater to see it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom