The DC Comics Film Thread

erasure fan1

Man of Steel and Batman v Superman have been the best of the recent batch. By a long shot. Both those films are well above the above-average Marvel films.
While Man of steel wasn't to bad, It was way too long. I would only put it above the hulk. But Batman V Superman is just not good. The only DC film that is on par with the average Marvel film is Wonder Woman. And that was because it was mostly a clone of Captain America the first avenger. I hate to say it, but I would rather watch either hulk movie before BvS.

Screamface

While Man of steel wasn't to bad, It was way too long. I would only put it above the hulk. But Batman V Superman is just not good. The only DC film that is on par with the average Marvel film is Wonder Woman. And that was because it was mostly a clone of Captain America the first avenger. I hate to say it, but I would rather watch either hulk movie before BvS.

I would rate Man of Steel above any of the Marvel films besides the last couple of Avengers films.

Marvel films are generally just getting boring and you watch them. Enjoy them. Can't remember a damn thing about them. There's a whole lot of enjoyable mediocracy. You rewatch them, they're fine but a bit boring and formulaic.

Bairstow

Don't forget Shazam. It and Wonder Woman are the only post-Nolan DC movies I would consider watchable.

Don't forget Shazam. It and Wonder Woman are the only post-Nolan DC movies I would consider watchable.
Yes, I did forget Shazam. I thought that Shazam was pretty good. It was a fun film, something the DC films have completely forgotten about for the most part.
Shazam was a breath of fresh air, and what the superhero genre needed.

erasure fan1

Just watched the new suicide squad trailer. You can really tell it's a Gunn film. It felt like they were going for a rated R guardians. The main villain at the end of the trailer felt just like the intro of guardians 2. It will be on HBO max so I'll watch just to see if Gunn can make a winner out of the franchise.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster

mf1972

i believe they also scrapped the planned new gods movie as well

edit-just clicked on the article & saw that was mentioned also.

JPPT1974

Yeah as really it seems that DC comics movies not as popular. In the reviews that is. As really love the Marvel with the reviews and do not take themselves that seriously. Save for a few.

NateD1226

The Hollywood Reporter put out an article this morning saying that Warner Brothers is looking for a Black actor and Black director for the Black Superman movie. J.J. Abrams will produce and Ta-Nehisi Coates will write the screenplay. Steven Caple Jr., J.D. Dillard, Regina King, Barry Jenkins, and Shaka King are some of the directors WB wants to direct this movie.

Near the end of the article, THR says that a Joker sequel is planned and will take place in the Pattison Universe

Screamface

I really enjoyed the Snyder Cut. Didn't intend to, but watched all 4 hours in one sitting and it just flew by.

I'd be more interested in Snyder making a sequel than any of the other upcoming DC films. Also, really more than any of the upcoming Marvel films.

mf1972

i thought the snyder cut made the JL movie a little better. still not a good movie, but a bit more entertaining. clearly set up for a sequel, but it’ll probably be rebooted down the road. that’s my guess.

Screamface

i thought the snyder cut made the JL movie a little better. still not a good movie, but a bit more entertaining. clearly set up for a sequel, but it’ll probably be rebooted down the road. that’s my guess.

"Just a little?"

They should just let him make a sequel for HBO max. If they're going off with a bunch of different versions of characters. Let him finish this. Assuming he could get the actors and the budget. Apparently, the script for the sequel is already written.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom