The DC Comics Film Thread

erasure fan1

And it won't have enough time to leg out with The Super Mario Bros. Movie waiting in the wings. That one's all but certain to have a monster opening.

UPDATE: With Mario now opening on a Wednesday instead of a Friday, that's even less legging room for Shazam 2.
I feel bad for Shazam as it was my favorite from the DCEU. Unfortunately no matter how good it could be, it was always going to be DOA. All the final DCEU films are most likely going to flounder.

Screamface

I feel bad for Shazam as it was my favorite from the DCEU. Unfortunately no matter how good it could be, it was always going to be DOA. All the final DCEU films are most likely going to flounder.

I think flash has the most potential. Ezra aside.

I think announcing the end of this version of the DCEU will dramatically hurt them. Although I have no clue to what extent the majority of the cinema going audience would even be aware of any of that.

erasure fan1

I think flash has the most potential. Ezra aside.
Batman 89 alone will/could be a big draw for flash. If he's in enough of the film, I could see it making some decent money. I still don't see it making huge money, unless by some miracle it's actually a quality film. Even then, the fact that people might just not care at this point, could doom it.

I really like Gunn, but this release strategy just seems off.

DKampy

We
Batman 89 alone will/could be a big draw for flash. If he's in enough of the film, I could see it making some decent money. I still don't see it making huge money, unless by some miracle it's actually a quality film. Even then, the fact that people might just not care at this point, could doom it.

I really like Gunn, but this release strategy just seems off.
Well it does seem like WB has confidence in the Flash… It is having it’s premiere in April…2 full months ahead of it’s opening weekend… It feels like WB is putting all of their promotional money towards that one movie and letting everything else they have left to flounder

_caleb

I actually think these last-of-the-DCEU films would have done better if they weren't having some characters and storylines from the past continue into the new "DCU."

"Come see how we wrap up the old before we launch into the new!"

But I'm also completely over measuring a film's quality, value, or importance STRICTLY based on its box office performance.

Screamface

I actually think these last-of-the-DCEU films would have done better if they weren't having some characters and storylines from the past continue into the new "DCU."
I think they just needed some sense of conclusion. It now feels like a very thin cinematic universe that is just going to fizzle out.

Squidney

I was watching TV last night and saw a spot for the new Shazam....I thought they said Wonder Woman wasnt in it? Yet she was in the spot.

erasure fan1

I was watching TV last night and saw a spot for the new Shazam....I thought they said Wonder Woman wasnt in it? Yet she was in the spot.
I had read that too since they cancelled wonder woman 3. Maybe they figured the film needed help so just leave it in anyway. It would be funny if they put it in the trailer then actually didn't put that part into the theatrical release. And it was just for publicity. Lol

Animaniac93-98

I was looking forward to Shazam 2 after enjoying the first one, but with a 54% RT score and an $11.7 million opening day (including Thursday previews) it looks to be a disappointing follow up in many ways.

mf1972

I had read that too since they cancelled wonder woman 3. Maybe they figured the film needed help so just leave it in anyway. It would be funny if they put it in the trailer then actually didn't put that part into the theatrical release. And it was just for publicity. Lol
the way things are going at WB/HBO max lately, i wouldn’t be surprised at all

erasure fan1

I was looking forward to Shazam 2 after enjoying the first one, but with a 54% RT score and an $11.7 million opening day (including Thursday previews) it looks to be a disappointing follow up in many ways.
Yea it's too bad. The first one was my favorite from the dceu. That and wonder woman 1. So I was really looking forward to this one as well. I'm guessing I'm not the only one waiting for it to stream since the movie no longer matters for DC. So I'm sure that hurt the opening numbers.

Animaniac93-98

Yea it's too bad. The first one was my favorite from the dceu. That and wonder woman 1. So I was really looking forward to this one as well. I'm guessing I'm not the only one waiting for it to stream since the movie no longer matters for DC. So I'm sure that hurt the opening numbers.

Delaying the release several months didn't help either. It was supposed to open back in December, but I guess they didn't want it competing with Avatar.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Shazam2 was in the can before all the Gunn changes at WBD. So, the DCEU was still in effect when it was filming.

erasure fan1

Shazam2 was in the can before all the Gunn changes at WBD. So, the DCEU was still in effect when it was filming.
Well yea, the movie started production well before any of this. But once it was announced that the remaining movies were basically DOA and they cancelled Wonder woman. It came out that they were cutting the wonder woman stuff out. And that would make sense since it wasn't part of the main story, just a cameo type thing. But then, after after projections went in the toilet, she shows up in the trailers. Now it could have never been DCs plan to cut it, as I don't remember DC officially saying it was.

Slpy3270

It appears The Flash is getting massive heat days before release for a certain scene that just leaked.

A CGI Christopher Reeve appears as Superman in a particular universe, accompanied by a CGI Helen Slater playing Supergirl from that forgotten movie from 1984. They only appear for like 10 seconds before their universe is destroyed.

Jesus Christ, WB.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom