The conundrum of missing WDW

wsmith1978

Original Poster
I find it equally comforting and heartbreaking to listen to park music when I don't even have a trip booked. LOL It's like I'm desperate to find that connection but listening to it goes way beyond just painting a mental picture, it actually takes you there, to the sights, smells, sounds, and overall atmosphere that is, frankly, like nothing else I've ever experienced. I can't wait to book the next trip, but until then I'm just going through some serious withdrawal!

Eric B

When I am at work, I have the Soarin' ride song, Tomorrowland area music, SM Star tunnel music, and the Electric Main Street Parade songs on my iPod & headphones, and play them when I am working. I also find when I am sitting in traffic, playing the Star Tunnel music soothes and calms me.

KrzyKtty

God, I haven't been on the Monorail since I was my son's age! :( I am thinking of driving to MK this time just to let my children experience it for the first time!

Tyaloo

I brought home Basin Mickey soaps. Such a lovely reminder of my day at the Grand Floridian where I was leisurely shopping and enjoying the day :). :inlove:

aprincessatlasst

That's not quite as pathetic as watching other peoples' home videos on YouTube... living vicariously through their trips to WDW.

WHAT? Thats not pathetic...lol...it is just like people watching at home which we all know the parks are the best place for that. I do it occasionally and don't have a desire to go to wdw or miss it right now. Admittedly we are going to Paris Dl this year so yeah.......lol

Tyaloo

I constantly watch other people's trip videos on youtube lol! I have 3 years worth of our own family Disney trip videos that I watch when I'm missing it too! It's super helpful to plan upcoming trips too!

wsmith1978

Original Poster
My God, out of pure desperation I found myself watching a video of the terminal at Philadelphia Intl Airport! :p It's always so exciting to be there - at the beginning of the trip! But when it's over, it's my least favorite place in the world. lol

danyoung56

Or getting a phone call from a friend whose just calling to say Hi... and inform you that they are at that moment standing in MK...

I live in Dallas, and have a brother that lives in Long Beach, not far from Disneyland. He's famous for calling me and playing the "guess where I am" game!

KrzyKtty

I've been listening to Disneyland/World soundtracks for two days. I'm 91 days out and wondering if it is too early to put together a preliminary packing list lol!!

Gelatoni

When I am at work, I have the Soarin' ride song, Tomorrowland area music, SM Star tunnel music, and the Electric Main Street Parade songs on my iPod & headphones, and play them when I am working. I also find when I am sitting in traffic, playing the Star Tunnel music soothes and calms me.
Sm tunnel music is my fav! I use as my ring tone

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom