Pre-Trip The Childless Millennials' Birthday Extravaganza

Hi All!!!

I've been a long time fan of the trip reports you guys post, especially during this crazy time, so I thought I'd get the ball rolling for one of my own (very early, but with Stay At Home orders still in effect, I've got way too much time on my hands). Let me know if I'm forgetting any details!

For those unfamiliar with the term, about two years ago, a woman posted a rant somewhere online about adults, particularly of my generation (Millenials) that have chosen not to have children and continue to go to Disney parks. According to her, we are the reason lines are so long and that her kids can't get the treats, etc. that they want and should be banned...:rolleyes:. Suffice it to say, my friends and I found this simultaneously hilarious and absurd. To the point that I may or may not have purchased a shirt that says Childless Millennial from Etsy and worn it to Disney multiple times.

Who:
Myself and my best friend, (K) (Waiting on her to tell me which photo she'll actually agree to let me post 😂 ).

We're both HUGE Disney fans and have been since childhood. To give you an idea as to the depths of my devotion, I "gently encouraged" my family to visit the world every year until I was 15; at that point, my habit was reduced to once every other year. Now, I go with friends; hence this trip. K's love for all things Disney runs equally deep and now that Star Wars has been built in, she's over the moon!

K and I are closer than sisters and actually just celebrated 20 years of friendship at Disneyland. Now more than ever, we're both very grateful for that last dose of Disney magic. Two months ago, you couldn't have convinced us that the world would turn into the plot of a bad apocalypse movie as we indulged in churros and popcorn.

When:
Next fall (2021), we'll both be celebrating a milestone birthday, and as it happens, so will the Magic Kingdom! Why not celebrate a special birthday with your best friend at your favorite place on earth?!

It's looking like we'll be there at the end of September going into the first few days of October, for a total of ~ 7 days in heaven. I can only imagine how crazy MK will be on the day of the actual anniversary, but to us, it's worth it!

Where:
I'm very excited to be staying at Coronado Springs for the first time (s/o to @Kingdom Konsultant and @wannabeBelle). We're still too far out to make concrete reservations but we have everything planned out and will pull the trigger as soon as possible. Any tips or memories from CSR are more than welcome!

Since we've got more than a year to go, the updates here may be a bit sporadic, but I hope you guys will follow along both here and for the actual trip report!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom