The Busy Life of a Movie Actress ;)

barnum42

Original Poster
My mother has finished three days work on a new movie "Death Defying Acts"

http://www.myriadpictures.com/film.php?film=68

She was booked for four days, one of which was to be a scene with Catherine Zeta Jones, but they ditched the scene a week ago (but she still gets paid for four days).

The first two days she was picked up a 5:30 am to get to wardrobe and make-up then spent both days in her trailer (yes folks, small part that it was she got her own trailer) and did not see a camera.

Today was another 5:30am start, but they shot her bits first thing and she had a ball.

Just hope it does not end up on the cutting room floor.

barnum42

Original Poster
So cool Joe!
Was it a speaking part?
Originally she had a few lines with Zeta Jones, but that was the scene that got chopped last week. The part is an old seamstress at a music hall theatre and she was helping Zeta Jones' character get an outfit together from the stage wardrobe for a date with Houdini.

Despite the scene being chopped, they kept the character for a couple of other bits of business and wrote a line or two into those parts.

MouseMadness

Did she get to meet Guy Pearce? :lookaroun
smilie_naughty.gif

Very cool for her! :sohappy:

bsandersjr

Wow. She must have a speaking part.
I was an extra in the movie "DejaVu", and as an extra..... well, it is exactly as it sounds. I did some scenes dressed as a national guardsman, running through the ferry station on to the ferry. The work sucked, but it was cool to see all the behind the scenes stuff. I stood about 3 feet from Denzel Washington (off camera), and almost knocked down Jim Caveizel in one scene.

That is about hte extent of my movie career :lol:

barnum42

Original Poster
Wow. She must have a speaking part.
I was an extra in the movie "DejaVu", and as an extra..... well, it is exactly as it sounds. I did some scenes dressed as a national guardsman, running through the ferry station on to the ferry. The work sucked, but it was cool to see all the behind the scenes stuff. I stood about 3 feet from Denzel Washington (off camera), and almost knocked down Jim Caveizel in one scene.

That is about hte extent of my movie career :lol:
My dad in his retirement has started doing extra work (they call it "Supporting Artiste" now)

This has led to some featured roles, the biggest being Stalin in Virtual History - The Plot to Kill Hitler for the Discovery Channel : http://www.discoverychannel.co.uk/virtualhistory/_pages/virtual_tours/stalins_dacha.shtml

Of the four main characters, they replaced the faces of three with CGI. Apart from Stalin as they decided Dad looked close enough to the original.

Nemo14

My dad in his retirement has started doing extra work (they call it "Supporting Artiste" now)

This has led to some featured roles, the biggest being Stalin in Virtual History - The Plot to Kill Hitler for the Discovery Channel : http://www.discoverychannel.co.uk/virtualhistory/_pages/virtual_tours/stalins_dacha.shtml

Of the four main characters, they replaced the faces of three with CGI. Apart from Stalin as they decided Dad looked close enough to the original.
That's soooo cool Joe - I didn't realize you came from such a talented famiy!

popsicletrees

That is really awesome for both of your parents. It is funny that they kept your dad because he looked close enough to Stalin. My dad looks just like Butch Cassidy. Hmm, maybe someday he would be asked to do a documentary...doubt it.

barnum42

Original Poster
That is really awesome for both of your parents. It is funny that they kept your dad because he looked close enough to Stalin. My dad looks just like Butch Cassidy. Hmm, maybe someday he would be asked to do a documentary...doubt it.

Here's a screen grab from the program:

Stalin.jpg

All they did was put a small prosthetic on the end of his nose, style his hair (no wig) and cut his tash.

Number_6

I got to be an extra once... along with several thousand other people. I went to a Red Sox game back in 2004 and they were filming a scene for "Fever Pitch." I got to play a baseball fan enjoying a Red Sox game. It was a stretch, but I managed... :p

Edit: For those who have seen the movie, it's the scene when Drew Barrymore is running across the field at Fenway Park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom