The Big Trip Jan 22-29 Day 4 Studios

Day 4 will be our trip to Disney Studios. I can’t wait to get on the Tower and Rockin’ Rollercoaster…two of our favorites.

We arrive before the park opens and walk with the small crowd down the main street and I am elated to see most everyone head straight. We turn right and make our way to the biggies. Tower of Terror first with, you guessed it…a walk on. The CM at the entrance to the car is wonderful. She doesn’t say a word, just gives us all creepy looks and basically orders us around with her eyes. My brother is smitten with love. He can’t take his eyes off of her..she is cute, has this long dark hair in a ponytail and glaring eyes. We ride it twice in a row…the first time my big bad little brother sits next to me and grabs my leg the entire time. I mean, I love my brother, but I tell him he needs to show a little backbone. He proceeds to do the same thing to my wife the second time…(the only reason he went again was to see his new heartthrob)both of them screaming in horror the whole time. (My poor 9 year old sits this ride out…he will go on every ride at Disney and Universal but this one. I think the name is what gets him). Now on to my sons favorite ride of all time…Aerosmith, baby.

Once again, we ride it twice in a row with no wait…my brother freaks out again, but still loves it. My son has the time of his life as usual. (little does he know the very next day a new ride will take it’s place atop his list)

It is time for a little family togetherness (my parents have sat out the first two rides of the day) and we make our way over to Star Tours. I do not know what the deal is, but this sucker always has a :hurl: inducing affect on me. I need a little while in the gift shop to rid myself of that blah feeling.

The Indy Stunt Show is next and also the highlight of our day. All love the show and as we are leaving the theater, the German Mechanic from the show stops us dead in our tracks and begins a conversation with the three kids. Must have gone on a good ten minutes and the whole family loved it. The kids could not get enough of the big guy.

Lunch time is here and we hurry over to the Sci Fi Drive In. Our first disappointing moment, really. The CM standing outside tells us they are closed. I ask him what the problem is and he just shrugs. I ask him when they will be open and he just shrugs again. I ask if they will be open at all today and…another shrug. Real talkative guy. (Almost meltdown number two from our hero, but I just smile and say thanks:zipit:pizza Planet it is.)

After lunch we see Lights, Motors Action and have a great time. It is a real must see. We try to do the Back lot tour afterwards but it has a 50 minute wait…guess everyone else had the same idea. A couple of pictures with Wizard Mickey (the rascal wiggled his nose and kissed my wife) and we see the Narnia attraction. As a fan of the books since I was a little boy and also of the new movie, I couldn’t wait. I could have waited, believe me.:snore: Not much to tell. Another look at the infamous nine minute trailer and a brief appearance by Jadis and done.

We do The Great Movie Ride next and my parents loved it…one of their favorites so far. Not a walk on here…about a 20 minute wait. We go over to the animation studio, not to see the sad version of it, but rather to find my new hero…yep, he is in the back. Chicken Little. We get some picks and do some more shopping. The grandparents take the kids back to Indy to buy some weaponry and my wife, brother and I head for the Tower yet again. Alas, my brothers true love is long gone:cry:, but he rides it anyway, heartbroken. We meet up with the rest of the family and have, in this order…ice cream, a hot dog, and then some emu…er, turkey legs. All meals should be like this.

Just enough time for another Tower ride and a little jam session with Steven, Joe and the other boys.

We make the trek to Fantasmic and get good seats just left of center. My wife goes to get some snacks and brings back some popcorn and three Heinekens…I love that woman to death. Once again, the show is another hit with all, my mom could not stop talking about it the rest of the night.

More shopping…a lot of shopping actually, before we head back to Movies for a good nights sleep. Oh yeah, we stop at the McDonald’s hotel for a little snack.

Fair warning for the next report, we are headed to the “other” parks. USF for the day but we will be back at MK for Spectro that night.
102_0559.jpg
102_0563.jpg

102_0565.jpg
102_0616.jpg

102_0594.jpg

102_0659.jpg

CAPTAIN HOOK

Timmay said:
and we make our way over to Star Tours. I do not know what the deal is, but this sucker always has a :hurl: inducing affect on me.
Why is it that I can ride TOT and RNR all day but one ride on Star Tours leaves me feeling icky ??

Nice report (again) - keep it coming

Timmay

Original Poster
I know, it's weird...although the Star Trek ride out in Las vegas never does this to me and I like it better...maybe it is just in my head.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom