The Big Trip Jan 22-29 Day 3 MK

It’s Tuesday and Magic Kingdom is on the agenda for day 3.

We arrive and take the ferry across the lake. We walk up to the gates and have a short wait as they have just opened up.

We head directly to Mickey’s PhilharMagic. Once again, no wait and we walk right in. I was really looking forward to this as it is one of my top 5 and I knew my mom would really love it. I was right…she was all misty eyed as we were leaving. So was my wife…what a softie. Peter Pan and then Small World in that order…again, no wait for either one. However, Peter Pan did have about a 30 minute wait as we walked by on our way to Haunted Mansion. (No wait there either…we are getting pretty lucky, because there do seem to be a lot of people in the park today). We want to do Thunder Mountain again and there is where we find our crowds…little wonder as Splash is closed for a few days. We wait about 40 minutes. By this time, I am beginning to crave the ultimate treat…so we start for Adventureland. We make sure to ride Pirates (no wait again) and do a little shopping afterward. Jungle cruise says it is 50 minutes…WHAT?:eek: I need my treat pretty bad, so we press forward. The kids stop and let the camel “spit” on them for a while, then…I see it. We are there. Dole Whips and Pineapple Floats for everyone!!!!

After the goodies, we decide to do PhilharMagic again. We wait through one show and then we are seated. I realize I could spend much of my day just sitting in this theater watching the show over and over again, but we are a little hungry for food by now.

Today, the Haus is open and we load up on Figaro Fries and a panini:slurp: . I take some time to just sit and soak it all in…the family is having a great time and all that planning is paying off.

Tomorrowland is next. We wait in line for about 20 minutes for Indy Speedway. My wife and son took the car right in front of me. My son was so excited that he was going to drive. As we started, I noticed their car do things I did not think were possible…screeching to a halt, swerving around like crazy. All very odd, because I was sure my wife said she was going to let our son take the wheel. Time for a little more relaxing, so we decide on TTA. Buzz was closed so those windows were boarded up, but still a fun thing to do. Space Mountain one more time before we leave…well, really three more times as again there was no wait at all.

We decide to leave for the day and do some shopping in Downtown Disney tonight. I see it is pretty close to 5:00 so we stop and watch the Flag Retreat. That one always gets ya right in the gut. The big bonus today...no idiot Steeler fans...:sohappy:

Back to Movies for a quick bite then off to Downtown for some shopping fun. We all spent way too much money and were pretty tired at the end. It was busier there than I have ever seen it. The stores were packed with people.

Time for some sleep, cause tomorrow is the Studios and our favorite rides and shows.

102_0543.jpg
102_0539.jpg

102_0541.jpg
102_0549.jpg

Tigger Time

Timmay said:
It’s Tuesday and Magic Kingdom is on the agenda for day 3.

We arrive and take the ferry across the lake. We walk up to the gates and have a short wait as they have just opened up.

We head directly to Mickey’s PhilharMagic. Once again, no wait and we walk right in. I was really looking forward to this as it is one of my top 5 and I knew my mom would really love it. I was right…she was all misty eyed as we were leaving. So was my wife…what a softie. Peter Pan and then Small World in that order…again, no wait for either one. However, Peter Pan did have about a 30 minute wait as we walked by on our way to Haunted Mansion. (No wait there either…we are getting pretty lucky, because there do seem to be a lot of people in the park today). We want to do Thunder Mountain again and there is where we find our crowds…little wonder as Splash is closed for a few days. We wait about 40 minutes. By this time, I am beginning to crave the ultimate treat…so we start for Adventureland. We make sure to ride Pirates (no wait again) and do a little shopping afterward. Jungle cruise says it is 50 minutes…WHAT?:eek: I need my treat pretty bad, so we press forward. The kids stop and let the camel “spit” on them for a while, then…I see it. We are there. Dole Whips and Pineapple Floats for everyone!!!!

After the goodies, we decide to do PhilharMagic again. We wait through one show and then we are seated. I realize I could spend much of my day just sitting in this theater watching the show over and over again, but we are a little hungry for food by now.

Today, the Haus is open and we load up on Figaro Fries and a panini:slurp: . I take some time to just sit and soak it all in…the family is having a great time and all that planning is paying off.

Tomorrowland is next. We wait in line for about 20 minutes for Indy Speedway. My wife and son took the car right in front of me. My son was so excited that he was going to drive. As we started, I noticed their car do things I did not think were possible…screeching to a halt, swerving around like crazy. All very odd, because I was sure my wife said she was going to let our son take the wheel. Time for a little more relaxing, so we decide on TTA. Buzz was closed so those windows were boarded up, but still a fun thing to do. Space Mountain one more time before we leave…well, really three more times as again there was no wait at all.

We decide to leave for the day and do some shopping in Downtown Disney tonight. I see it is pretty close to 5:00 so we stop and watch the Flag Retreat. That one always gets ya right in the gut. The big bonus today...no idiot Steeler fans...:sohappy:

Back to Movies for a quick bite then off to Downtown for some shopping fun. We all spent way too much money and were pretty tired at the end. It was busier there than I have ever seen it. The stores were packed with people.

Time for some sleep, cause tomorrow is the Studios and our favorite rides and shows.

102_0543.jpg
102_0539.jpg

102_0541.jpg
102_0549.jpg

Glad you are enjoying yourself! :D

Timmay

Original Poster
Day 1 we did Spalsh during EMH...couldn't miss that since it was going to be down the rest of the time.:animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom