the best theme park?

tiggermanII

Original Poster
well im back i didnt go to florida i went out west. 4964 miles in 9 days driving .. i seen almost evey thing ex. for yellowstone time was getting short. did go to 16 places. ill have to copy and paste them cause its long , i miss wdw and epcot. it just grown so much and the last 10 years .

i think the no la people are almost all gone from here now , there living else wheres now i think they got the message from the police that they cant act like thugs here. LOL.

Spaced Out Dude

I'll list mine in order of least to best

7) Disney's Animal Kingdom
6) Sea World
5) Universal Studios
4) Islands of Adventure
3) Magic Kingdom
2) Disney-MGM Studios
1) Epcot Center

cb3k

If I had to pick I'd say EPCOT. But if you got the dough get the hopper and go to ALL! The ONLY way to get the real feel IMHO.

CThaddeus

My alltime favorite was EPCOT Center. I'm not trying to say make it the same as it was, but I wish they'd restore the futuristic conceptual entertainment they had in the early years.

I'm with you on this one, though I guess I prefer a hybrid of the two. My favorite was, as the quote says below, Epcot right around 1995...just after Ellen's Energy Adventure and Circle of Life opened, and just before Captain EO and World of Motion got the boot. I'm not sure it ever existed in exactly that state, as Ellen wasn't yet opened the first time I visited in 1996 and World of Motion was already gone.
So, Sherman, set the Wayback for 1995...

Spaced Out Dude

I'm with you on this one, though I guess I prefer a hybrid of the two. My favorite was, as the quote says below, Epcot right around 1995...just after Ellen's Energy Adventure and Circle of Life opened, and just before Captain EO and World of Motion got the boot. I'm not sure it ever existed in exactly that state, as Ellen wasn't yet opened the first time I visited in 1996 and World of Motion was already gone.
So, Sherman, set the Wayback for 1995...

Captain EO & World of Motion were both closed by the time Ellen's Energy Adventure & Circle of Life opened.

Epcot82Guy

Captain EO & World of Motion were both closed by the time Ellen's Energy Adventure & Circle of Life opened.

Well, half true. I'm trying to remember when the exact dates were, but I think the timeline went as such (I know the years, jut not the timing).

Captain EO departs Magic Eye Theater for HISTA (1994)
Land Reopens from refurb with Circle of Life (1995)
Ellen's Energy Adventure opens (1996)
World of Motion closes for good (late 1996)

So, WOM was definitely around for Circle of Life. The others were ships passing, I guess.

CAPTAIN HOOK

My Favourite Parks -

Magic Kingdom - Expresses the Fantasy behind Disney

EPCOT - For Variety

Animal Kingdom - Best Theming

IOA - For coaster freaks

SeaWorld - For a slower pace and shows

Discovery Cove - For complete relaxation

Tom Morrow

IOA - For coaster freaks
Why? They have three and two kiddie ones. And that is counting Dueling Dragons as two.

I've always found the misconception that IOA is a "coaster park" annoying - it only has Hulk and Dueling Dragons. Busch is the best park in Florida for coasters, and even they only have 6.

Unfortunately, Florida does not have any parks that are great for coaster riding.

drdoom1001

1.EPCOT
2.Islands Of Adventure
3.Magic Kingdom
4.Disney MGM Studios
5.Animal Kingdom
6.Sea World
7.Busch Gardens Tampa
8.Universal Studios
9.Cypress Gardens

Jellyfish

Animal Kingdom :) but magic kingdom is a close second.

My parks in order are:
1-Animal Kingdom
2-Magic Kingdom
3-Epcot
4-Typhoon Lagoon
5-Blizzard Beach
6-MGM

Blackie Pueblo

I'd have to go with EPCOT and Magic Kingdom as my favorite Florida parks. Right after those two would be Islands of Adventure. I think the variety of themeing and rides is really fun and enjoyable. I think it doesn't get the respect it deserves to be honest.

How come no one mentioned Dinosaur World? :lol:

"To all who come to this happy place...welcome!"
---Walter Elias Disney

teebin

I think some of you missed the point of the OP. For their first time to a central florida theme park I would NEVER tell them to go to my favorite park which is Animal Kingdom. On the contrary, I would tell them to go to either my least favorite park or second most favorite park.

To be blown away by the majesty and magic of it all I would recommend:

1. The Magic Kingdom (its big, its happy, its magical)

For tons of more grown up rides and great theming.

2. Islands of Adventure

ROEFan88

From favourite to least favourite:

1. Epcot - easily my favourite theme park anywhere, and quite possibly my favourite place in the world. Has a magic all its own.

2. Magic Kingdom - what is there to say that hasn't been said already? My favourite of the 'Disneyland' style parks - less rammed with attractions than the Anaheim park, with a far superior castle and an overall magical atmosphere.

3. Disney's Animal Kingdom - I fail to understand most criticism of this park - a worthwhile attempt at something different, and E:E, Dinosaur, Kali River Rapids, Festival Of The Lion King etc. are all excellent attractions. What's not to like?

4. Disney-MGM Studios - My least favourite Disney park, and I still love it! Needs work in places though - my three main reasons for going there are ToT, R'n'RC and Fantasmic!

5. Universal Studios Florida - Does a better job than MGM of being a movie-themed park, with several classic attractions like T2-3D (an all-time favourite of mine), Jaws and Back To The Future (rest in peace). Plus, the recent Revenge Of The Mummy rivals Disney dark rides in quality. A solid park.

6. Islands Of Adventure - I love Hulk, Jurassic Park, Dueling Dragons and especially Spider-Man (although I prefer Dinosaur for some odd reason...). A good park that just doesn't come close to reaching Disney standards.

7. Busch Gardens Africa - If you love coasters, this is the park for you (SheiKra is amazing!). If you don't, save your money...

8. SeaWorld Orlando - A good day out, but needs a few more rides to make it truly worthwhile as a theme park. Kraken and Journey to Atlantis are favourites.

Overall, as much as I love all these parks, I will always be biased towards Walt Disney World. There's nowhere like it!!!! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom