Trip Report "The Best Disney Trip EVER"

Hello, hello everyone!! A warm welcome to everyone reading--I'm so glad you're here!!

WHEN: Tuesday, November 5th - Tuesday, November 12th

WHERE: I think you know us well enough by now!!

WHO: I'm sure you know most of us(don't worry--I'm not going to confuse you all like I did in June;)). In case you don't though, there's me, my nephew J, & my sister E. Besides us usual 3 Musketeers, E's husband/J's dad/my BIL joined us for the fun!! To keep confusion to a minimum for this TR I will refer to him as JSR.
562449274.jpeg

You could also call us "The Red Family". When E asked J what color MB he wanted he said that he wanted red & that we should all get that color so we could be "The Red Family". I know you can't see E's but trust me, her's was red also.

Looking forward to reliving "The Best Disney Trip EVER" with you all!!

Tuesday, November 5th

The plan was to leave E & JSR's at 7:00. I went to work for 5:30 to get a few last minute things done--also so that I could say to my boss that I was only off for 7 days, not 8. He teases me that "vacations are 7 days not 8". After doing some work & him teasing me a bit I was off on my merry way!! I got to their house only to find out that JSR was still packing!!:jawdrop: E was not thrilled in the least. He must have been close to being done though b/c we were only delayed a few minutes.

Then came the next delay. It was Election Day and E & JSR wanted to due their civic duty. I sat in the car with J & we talked Disney while we waited.
IMG_3046.JPEG

And, in typical Pittsburgh fashion, it was raining.
IMG_3048.JPEG

Rush hour traffic + heavy rain = a slow commute to the airport. I don't know what it is with this town but it seems like no one can drive in the rain around here. Trust me, we get more than our fair share of it so you think people would be used to it.
IMG_3050.JPEG

As we were waiting to check our luggage in the woman behind us noticed our luggage tags & said that she was going to Disney also and was staying at Caribbean Beach. She asked if this was our first time going which prompted JSR to throw in a few digs about us & the frequency of our trips. I think he's just jealous ;)
IMG_3051.JPEG

The Southwest agent was slower than molasses but after 10 minutes or so it was our turn.
IMG_3052.JPEG

JSR made fun of me all week b/c of this. I had two suitcases. The small one weighed 20 lbs & this one was 36.5. He kept saying, "How did you manage to bring 56 lbs. of clothes?" As it turned out, due to his last minute packing there were quite a few things that he forgot so I told him at least I didn't have that problem. He also told me not to tell E about what he had forgot b/c he didn't want to hear her say "I told you so".
IMG_3053.JPEG

E went to park the car while the J's & I proceeded to security. But wait, I couldn't go just yet. For whatever reason the Southwest agent left one of the suitcases behind. After unsuccessfully trying to get his attention for about 5 minutes I finally interrupted him & asked him to please put it on the belt. I was getting nervous that it would somehow get forgotten. He looked at me with a surprised look on his face & said he didn't notice it there. Really??
IMG_3054.JPEG

On the "monorail" we go!!
IMG_3055.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thank you for sharing your trip. I love your pictures and descriptions, but your commentary and interactions with us, is what I enjoy the most! :joyfull:

Looking forward to the next one!
Thank you so much!! I really enjoy the interactions!! It makes it so fun!!
Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to your next tripreport!
Thank you for reading!! I appreciate that!!
Thanks for asking about my trip; it was really good, but in the end we didn’t take advantage of the POR grounds that much (and I never did get to see a Yeehaw Bob show ☹). My DD and I ended up splitting away from my sister and her husband more than on other trips, because they are getting older and slowing down (I’m the baby of the family and had my child at nearly 40). Nearly every day of our trip we considered « the best », until the next day rolled around and we would say the same, with the exception of maybe our HS day (just too many people there last Friday.

Here is a selfie we took leaving MK on Saturday ... we were soaked to the bone and ended up with just enough time to make it back to POS, find some towels, and change before our ride to the airport. We called the selfie Best.Rainy.Day.Ever!
I'm glad you had a great time but....you didn't take advantage of the grounds or see Bob!!:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:
I love the selfie!! It's so cute!!
Have you decided if you're going to do a TR?🤞
Love the post part of your TR! J in his 20's outfit. :inlove: love it.
Thanks!! I kept telling E that I was impressed that he kept the hat on!!
Sad to see this trip report come to an end, but I think you said you had another trip coming soon.

J is so photogenic ... and love his New Year’s costume. He clearly could be a Hollywood Child Star.
Yes--next Friday!

Awww--that's so sweet of you to say!!
Toasting a “Happy New Year” to all with a Rock n Rye Slurpee! Looking forward to your next report!
Happy New Year to you!! Thank you very much!! The next time I go by a 7-11 around here I'm going to have to see what kind of slurpees they have!!
I LOVE the pumpkin cream cold brew! So sad they’re gone! The Irish cream one isn’t too bad though!
I have yet to try it but I will be sure to!! I lucked out & was able to get one of the pumpkin ones the other day!!
Thank you so much for sharing your trips! I always get a kick out of J...he's too stinking cute for words!
Thank you for reading!! He is a trip--that's for sure!!
Thanks for sharing your trip! It was fun to read about all the adventures, I'm looking forward to your next report!
Thank you for following along!!
I still get irritated when I think about it!! It makes absolutely no sense to me!

i wonder what they do with identical twins traveling together. 🤔😎
I'll never understand it!!
Great TR @riverside

thanks for sharing

Max
Thank you for reading, Max!!
Thank you for such a fun TR!! :happy: You had some great commentary and I really enjoyed all your photos.

There's an old expression, "Kids and animals steal the show." I think that J was hilarious throughout this TR, and he was also very sweet when he chased away Big Bird for you at the airport!! :joyfull:
Thank you!! I just call it like I see it!!

He is hilarious!! That was so sweet of him to do that. I could tell that he was very proud of himself!! I agree with that expression--& J definitely does a great job of stealing the show all the time!!
I can't wait to see what popcorn bucket hijinks you get into!!! Loved your report and looking forward to the next!
Thank you so much!! So, I have them in my possession but I've been trying to think of a clever way to reveal them to her!! She's not going to like this!!

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
I loved the report. It was the best trip ever!!!

Now, about the popcorn bucket. Smuggle it in and buy a regular popcorn but dump it in the bucket. Then at a good time ask loudly, “who wants some popcorn?” Pull out the popcorn bucket and enjoy! And take pix of E’s reaction.

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
I loved the report. It was the best trip ever!!!

Now, about the popcorn bucket. Smuggle it in and buy a regular popcorn but dump it in the bucket. Then at a good time ask loudly, “who wants some popcorn?” Pull out the popcorn bucket and enjoy! And take pix of E’s reaction.
Thank you very much!!

I absolutely ❤ it!! That's perfect!! I'll have to make sure she goes through bag check before me so she doesn't see it!! I will be getting her picture for sure!!🤣
Whew, I just binged your entire TR in two days! Thank you for sharing, it looks like you guys had a great trip!
Why thank you for reading!! It was a lot of fun!!
I'm always sad when your TR's end... but at least I know there will always be more =D
That's so sweet of you to say!! Thank you!!
Loved your TR, as usual! Thank you for sharing...could J be any cuter?

So looking forward to the popcorn bucket reaction!
Thank you very much!! I might be biased but I do think he's a cutie!!

I can wait to see how this plays out myself!!
Great TR as always, and I’m glad that you enjoyed your brief stay at AKL! Looking forward to the next one!
Thank you so much!! I did enjoy AKL--esp. the restaurants!!

sheriffwoody

Just finished up! You were there during my birthday, and I've always wanted to take a birthday trip. But seeing the crowds on your trip, I think I'll stick to October! I guess since my bday is close to Veterans Day, it'll always be busy.

Cannot WAIT to see the next trip and the hijinks with the popcorn buckets.

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
Just finished up! You were there during my birthday, and I've always wanted to take a birthday trip. But seeing the crowds on your trip, I think I'll stick to October! I guess since my bday is close to Veterans Day, it'll always be busy.

Cannot WAIT to see the next trip and the hijinks with the popcorn buckets.
I would think October would be a safer bet but anymore it's always busy. We're going Martin Luther King weekend so I'm sure it will be crowded then. But for trips like that I just go at it with low expectations that way I'm not disappointed!!

I love @Darstarr's idea for the popcorn bucket & that's going to be the way I approach this!! I checked this morning & made sure the bucket would fit in the bag that I normally bring to the parks & it does!!:hilarious:

mmnw

I would imagine that identical twins would rarely have the problem of sharing the same name, only the same birthdate and physical characteristics (and it sounded like in @riverside’s case, the airlines weren’t set up to takr these into account).
I was being funny or sarcastic. 😎

Minnesota disney fan

I really enjoyed your trip report, Riverside:) Your nephew is precious and I love seeing him with Faygo, and his expressions are priceless, LOL.
So, thanks again, for a wonderful trip report. I live through your reports til I get back home again in 5 weeks! Yea!

MickeyCB

I finally wrote this note & passed it to E. She looked at me like I was crazy for handing her a note. I needed to vent somehow!!
IMG_4527.JPEG

Later she told me that she could hear her too!! And, the girl had the window seat!! It was so obnoxious!!
Oh I hear you sister. One day I'm going to go to jail for throat punching a gum smacker/cracker!
BTW--as the plane landed mom took a kleenex out of her purse, blew her nose, then put it in the seat pocket!!:hungover::hungover::hungover:
And Jiminy Cricket :mad: (wanted to swear but figured would get some auto correction here), what is wrong with people?! This is why they tell you not to touch anything that is in those seat pockets!
I saw a kid barf on a Southwest flight and the mother put the bag in seat pocket, didn't tell the attendant and just got off of the plane when we landed!

And as an aside, love J's Southwest plane!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
I really enjoyed your trip report, Riverside:) Your nephew is precious and I love seeing him with Faygo, and his expressions are priceless, LOL.
So, thanks again, for a wonderful trip report. I live through your reports til I get back home again in 5 weeks! Yea!
Thank you very much!! You'll be seeing him again. He just told me the other day that he is bringing his snow leopard on the trip!!

I skimmed back through the TR after I read this--he does have many funny expressions!!
Speaking of his expressions here's a story from the other day:
Apparently about a week ago my dad made a funny comment to R about me talking too much. The other day there was E, J, R, my dad & myself. R threw my dad under the bus & repeated what my dad said to him about me. Everyone was laughing hysterically--except J & myself. I wasn't laughing b/c I was the brunt of the joke & J looked very puzzled as to why everyone was laughing except me. Then E brings up something my brother said about me earlier that day(he was commenting on how much he hates talking on the phone & he cringes when I call him b/c he's trapped then:jawdrop:) Everyone continued to laugh & R made a smart comment. My response, "Shut up R"(I know it wasn't very nice). All of a sudden J yells, "Will all of you shut up!!" That prompted E to yell at him for talking that way but I told her I was to blame b/c I said it first. I also told her not to yell at him b/c he was trying to stand up for me since he felt bad that everyone was picking on me. He was so cute coming to my defense!!

BTW--I think I need a new family!!;)

Thank you so much for reading!! Wow--5 weeks--how exciting!!
Oh I hear you sister. One day I'm going to go to jail for throat punching a gum smacker/cracker!
It was incredibly annoying. I could feel my blood pressure rising!! That was 2+ hours of pure torture!! I forgot to mention this in the TR but as my luck would have it we landed early but couldn't go to our gate b/c there was another plane there that hadn't left yet so that just added to my misery!!
And Jiminy Cricket :mad: (wanted to swear but figured would get some auto correction here), what is wrong with people?! This is why they tell you not to touch anything that is in those seat pockets!
I saw a kid barf on a Southwest flight and the mother put the bag in seat pocket, didn't tell the attendant and just got off of the plane when we landed!

And as an aside, love J's Southwest plane!
OMG--that is just plain foul & downright rude!!
Loved your trip report, can't wait for the next one!
Thank you very much!! I can't wait myself!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom