Trip Report "The Best Disney Trip EVER"

Hello, hello everyone!! A warm welcome to everyone reading--I'm so glad you're here!!

WHEN: Tuesday, November 5th - Tuesday, November 12th

WHERE: I think you know us well enough by now!!

WHO: I'm sure you know most of us(don't worry--I'm not going to confuse you all like I did in June;)). In case you don't though, there's me, my nephew J, & my sister E. Besides us usual 3 Musketeers, E's husband/J's dad/my BIL joined us for the fun!! To keep confusion to a minimum for this TR I will refer to him as JSR.
562449274.jpeg

You could also call us "The Red Family". When E asked J what color MB he wanted he said that he wanted red & that we should all get that color so we could be "The Red Family". I know you can't see E's but trust me, her's was red also.

Looking forward to reliving "The Best Disney Trip EVER" with you all!!

Tuesday, November 5th

The plan was to leave E & JSR's at 7:00. I went to work for 5:30 to get a few last minute things done--also so that I could say to my boss that I was only off for 7 days, not 8. He teases me that "vacations are 7 days not 8". After doing some work & him teasing me a bit I was off on my merry way!! I got to their house only to find out that JSR was still packing!!:jawdrop: E was not thrilled in the least. He must have been close to being done though b/c we were only delayed a few minutes.

Then came the next delay. It was Election Day and E & JSR wanted to due their civic duty. I sat in the car with J & we talked Disney while we waited.
IMG_3046.JPEG

And, in typical Pittsburgh fashion, it was raining.
IMG_3048.JPEG

Rush hour traffic + heavy rain = a slow commute to the airport. I don't know what it is with this town but it seems like no one can drive in the rain around here. Trust me, we get more than our fair share of it so you think people would be used to it.
IMG_3050.JPEG

As we were waiting to check our luggage in the woman behind us noticed our luggage tags & said that she was going to Disney also and was staying at Caribbean Beach. She asked if this was our first time going which prompted JSR to throw in a few digs about us & the frequency of our trips. I think he's just jealous ;)
IMG_3051.JPEG

The Southwest agent was slower than molasses but after 10 minutes or so it was our turn.
IMG_3052.JPEG

JSR made fun of me all week b/c of this. I had two suitcases. The small one weighed 20 lbs & this one was 36.5. He kept saying, "How did you manage to bring 56 lbs. of clothes?" As it turned out, due to his last minute packing there were quite a few things that he forgot so I told him at least I didn't have that problem. He also told me not to tell E about what he had forgot b/c he didn't want to hear her say "I told you so".
IMG_3053.JPEG

E went to park the car while the J's & I proceeded to security. But wait, I couldn't go just yet. For whatever reason the Southwest agent left one of the suitcases behind. After unsuccessfully trying to get his attention for about 5 minutes I finally interrupted him & asked him to please put it on the belt. I was getting nervous that it would somehow get forgotten. He looked at me with a surprised look on his face & said he didn't notice it there. Really??
IMG_3054.JPEG

On the "monorail" we go!!
IMG_3055.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 12TH

On our way to get the luggage J was very quiet. I asked him what was wrong.
IMG_4535.JPEG

He said he was sad the trip was over.
IMG_4536.JPEG

My suitcase was soaking wet when I got it:arghh:
IMG_4537.JPEG

J loves to get the luggage off the carousel.
IMG_4538.JPEG

E's car was covered in snow--remember, it was only 15 degrees!!
IMG_4539.JPEG

R & I went to a local Italian restaurant for dinner that night(they have $5 wines on Tuesdays;)) Every time I'm there & see this I think of a hidden Mickey!!
IMG_4540.JPEG

The next morning this popped up on my Facebook page. This was the original picture that we took at Rose & Crown many moons ago that we always try to recreate!!
IMG_4541.PNG

riverside

Original Poster
EPILOGUE

To celebrate the new decade E & JSR had a Roarin' 20's themed New Years Day Dinner.
IMG_4951.JPEG

IMG_4954.JPEG

My sister C & my BIL D(R's cousin 🤣)
IMG_4955.JPEG

Not all of us dressed up--including myself.
IMG_4956.JPEG

IMG_4968.JPEG

IMG_4976.JPEG

One of these 2 had just won at bar bingo!!
IMG_4987.JPEG

IMG_4996.JPEG

IMG_4998.JPEG

My real reason for sharing these pics with you--
look what JSR smuggled out of their house for me that day!! Let the games begin(in 10 days)!!
IMG_5002.JPEG

I want to give a sincere thanks to all of you for reading, liking & commenting on my TR(this one & past ones). I have so much fun reliving my trips with you all. What I think I enjoy most is our conversations. It's fun to talk to each other & learn new things. IMO it's kind of like connecting with each other & I really enjoy it. So, thank you my friends, for making it so fun to do these trip reports!! 😘 I hope you enjoyed "The Best Disney Trip EVER"!!

Last edited:

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
The smacking and loudly chewing of gum, it's got to be one of the most annoying things for me! I can't stand it! 😠 Sorry you had to endure it. And about the mom, not that unexpected, just nasty.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
J's sad little face at the end of the trip, is most of us, when our Disney vacations end. Too cute! 😌

riverside

Original Poster
I was impressed with the speed of the security lines at MCO this weekend. There was a TSA agent repeating over and over « you do not need to remove ANYTHING from your bag and you can keep on your shoes ». Our only hold up was the guy who had to put back the removed shoes and laptop (despite the repeated messages :banghead:
There's always that one in the bunch......
I 💕 when I find hidden mickeys out in the real world 😀
Me too!!
The smacking and loudly chewing of gum, it's got to be one of the most annoying things for me! I can't stand it! 😠 Sorry you had to endure it. And about the mom, not that unexpected, just nasty.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
J's sad little face at the end of the trip, is most of us, when our Disney vacations end. Too cute! 😌
It drove me totally crazy!! Then when I saw her put that kleenex there I felt like I wanted to throw up. You're so right--it's just nasty.

He's smiling now since we're going back soon!!
Another great TR! Still bummed our plans didn’t cross.
Thank you!! Hopefully some day they will!!🤞
Looking forward to reading about next week’s trip 😉
Thank you!! How was your's??

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Thanks for asking about my trip; it was really good, but in the end we didn’t take advantage of the POR grounds that much (and I never did get to see a Yeehaw Bob show ☹️). My DD and I ended up splitting away from my sister and her husband more than on other trips, because they are getting older and slowing down (I’m the baby of the family and had my child at nearly 40). Nearly every day of our trip we considered « the best », until the next day rolled around and we would say the same, with the exception of maybe our HS day (just too many people there last Friday.

Here is a selfie we took leaving MK on Saturday ... we were soaked to the bone and ended up with just enough time to make it back to POS, find some towels, and change before our ride to the airport. We called the selfie Best.Rainy.Day.Ever!

180ECDA0-B68B-4493-9B1E-68CCD2DE058B.jpeg

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I still get irritated when I think about it!! It makes absolutely no sense to me!

i wonder what they do with identical twins traveling together. 🤔😎

I would imagine that identical twins would rarely have the problem of sharing the same name, only the same birthdate and physical characteristics (and it sounded like in @riverside’s case, the airlines weren’t set up to takr these into account).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom