The Beautiful Game - World Cup Chat

sonyfan

I agree with all the punishment except being allowed to train , surely he should be allowed to train in private with pro facilities

biting and spitting are the 2 of the most disgusting elements of football

I was also disappointed the referees have not stamped out diving,simulation and the brandishing of imaginary cards

rael ramone

It's amazing that they'll voluntarily send a ball out of bounds so an opponnet can get medical attention (and the other team returns the favor by giving it back)..... then that sportsmanship goes out the window when they get brushed by the opponet and they respond by hitting the pitch and doing the bacon dance...

jw24

Here is the knockout stage bracket for those wondering who's in and who's out.

World_Cup_bracket.jpg

rael ramone

I was out to dinner during the Uruguay / Colombia match. I hadn't heard what the score was (didn't know who won the other match after 'Full Time' either). Figured I'd try to watch the 'on demand' before bed. Didn't know 'on demand' (at the night of the game, anyway) was the Univision feed, not the ESPN one.

So I watched the Extra Time & PK's from the first match, and the entire 2nd one. Fascinating to watch a telecast w/o understanding a word spoken. And I enjoyed it and found myself at the edge of my seat at times. And w/o the announcers telling you how to interpret how the game is going, you have to figure that out for yourself...

Cesar R M

Annoyed but expected: Mexico lost, some weird officiating as usual..
but what annoyed me is Robben and his Oscar Winning Dives everytime someone pokes at him.

I now root for the germans to win the cup.. Brazil plays awful and depends on very lucky miracles by Neymar or Hulk and they imho.. do not deserve to win the cup.

rael ramone

Just put on Nigeria / France. France up 1-nil, but with the assault on the Nigerian keeper I'm surprised it's not by more than that.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Original Poster
Shame what happened to the US team. But, it was a well played game (and a nail biter!).

Well, that leaves just Colombia and Costa Rica as far as teams I'm willing to root for. Oh, and of course...

German_Flag__BrushedMetal_DFB__by_Freakadelle91.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom