The Beautiful Game - World Cup Chat

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Original Poster
As long as we are winning I'm enjoying this. So for the true soccer fans what does USA do now in the second half? Is it like America football where some teams just go on the defensive and wait it out?
To explain in a little more detail...a goal can be scored in an instant (like that near miss that just happened)...

All it takes is a slip up by the defense, an amazing run, a lucky strike, or WORST of all...a penalty kick.

You're really seeing two examples of what I'm talking about right there.

The US needs to keep pressure on, and preferably strike another goal...or at least get off shots on goal to make the other team nervous.

Soccer is largely a game of emotional states...it's weird how that works, but it is.

That's also why you'll see "flopping"...and sometimes intentional fouls to stop the motion of the game and try to turn the tide...

What you are seeing right now is NOT good for the US. Their defense is getting worn down...and that's bad. The midfield needs to step it up and they need to take strong possession (and preferably a goal).

Each shot, the Ghanan team will get bolder.

tamotu99

The problem is you have no outlet up top now, and i dont think your midfield have the passing game to just string 30 or so together and really slow it down

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Original Poster
The problem is you have no outlet up top now, and i dont think your midfield have the passing game to just string 30 or so together and really slow it down
The US defense is broken right now. They need to pull it together.

And no, I don't think they do either...

Ooohhhghghhg

Another one. If the Ghanan weren't just booting the ball at the goal with little control, we'd be screwed.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Original Poster
Ghana should have spent less time designing their cuffs and collar and more time on shooting practice
Hahahaha!

ZING!

zing-o.gif

tamotu99

Ghana just cant get the last decisive pass in, to cut open the last line of the Us defense

your being pushed back, but at the moment its only looking like a long range shot has a chance

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Original Poster
Ghana just cant get the last decisive pass in, to cut open the last line of the Us defense

your being pushed back, but at the moment its only looking like a long range shot has a chance
Yeah, but it's completely collapsed right now. The US is playing HARD defense...batting the ball away but giving away possession far too easily.

This is dangerous.

And they still have to do this for another 20 some odd minutes!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom