News The Archive Has The Redhead!

BasiltheBatLord

Surely that’s not the same figure that was in the attraction from ‘67-‘18 right? It must have been replaced at some point or did they really have the same figure in there that long?

SuddenStorm

Surely that’s not the same figure that was in the attraction from ‘67-‘18 right? It must have been replaced at some point or did they really have the same figure in there that long?

The figure had been redone multiple times, as have every figure in the ride. Looking at old footage from the '60s and '70s, it's amazing how different everything looks.

Daveland has photos of the redhead through the years, she changes appearance a few times.

SuddenStorm

Disneyland's Redhead is now at the Walt Disney Archives. Sadly no announcement for Redd to be put into the Archives:

This doesn't look like the one that was in the ride in '18- I thought maybe because of the lighting, but the costume, facial structure, and figure look different (picture taken 2016). I mean seriously- that archive costume looks like it came from Party City.

1546919828226.png

Maybe the archive one is from Disney World?

Sharon&Susan

Original Poster
This doesn't look like the one that was in the ride in '18- I thought maybe because of the lighting, but the costume, facial structure, and figure look different (picture taken 2016). I mean seriously- that archive costume looks like it came from Party City.

View attachment 339372

Maybe the archive one is from Disney World?
The original tweet states that it is from Disneyland’s POTC. Maybe the Archives meant Disneyland Paris?

TwilightZone

If the original redhead figure is so offensive and represents human sex trafficking, why on earth would the Walt Disney Company want to keep that around and celebrate it? :confused:
They realize even if offensive, it's still history.
Plus after #findbuzzy, matt sonswa climbing Thunder Mountain, and Iger's comments they need something to make themselves look good right now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom