The Amazing Race 25

Nemo14

Do you know when the express pass had to be used by? I mean, I think it was smart to use it here, but they could have down the smart move the Cowboys did last season by using it before the detour so they didn't have to do either sides of it, and use the u-turn.

I don't know how I feel on Kim and Alli still. Different moments make them seem like the heroes, and then others make me not like them.
They do have an attitude, but they're fun to watch, and I like their spirit. They seem to have fun wherever they are, as opposed to certain others...

seahawk7

Just watched last night's episode. The ganging up on Kym and Alli is kind of worrisome, sounds like they're saving it for a U turn strategy. With most of the weaker teams gone now, the competition should get a lot more intense. Still rooting for Kym and Alli, but I really like Adam and Bethany too.
Both those duos are my favorites as well. I was also worried about everyone ganging up on the cyclists. Hopefully the girls are ahead of at least the wrestlers for the U turn. That female wrestler is gunning for them.

seahawk7

Do you know when the express pass had to be used by? I mean, I think it was smart to use it here, but they could have down the smart move the Cowboys did last season by using it before the detour so they didn't have to do either sides of it, and use the u-turn.

I don't know how I feel on Kim and Alli still. Different moments make them seem like the heroes, and then others make me not like them.
I agree with @Nemo14. Kim and Alli are tough girls whose positivity get them through the legs. They are smart and I hope they win.

DinoInstitute

I'm just glad the whole cyclist targeting thing never really got beyond fun little making fun for most teams. They were kind of just talking, but it didn't turn into anything like the fiasco that was All*Stars. Brooke seemed to really be the only that didn't like them, as well as the Dentists' little rivalry.

I predicted Kim and Alli to be winners at the very beginning of the season, and I'm not regretting that choice at all. They are strong, but I just get a weird vibe from them. Don't know what it is.

Brooke does whine a lot, and it is quite annoying. They have their good moments though, which is why I like them. They also seem to never even try to get a cab though when they need one. We've had much dumber than Robbie, but he still isn't the race genious. Hopefully, one day we will get to see "Brooke Mode" as they hinted at the season/cast preview...

DinoInstitute

Well, I stand corrected. Last night's episode was the best this season. As a matter of fact, the best episode I have seen probably since I started watching back in 16. And my friends agree that is not an exaggeration.

This has got to be my favorite season in a very long time. And last night's episode was great for developing the final 4. Just really great television.

Now, however, I am not so sure what the producers can take away from it. You need the amazing cast, which we have. The u-turn was quite ineffective, but it started the drama and made everyone's minds in paranoia, so it succeeded.

The fast forward was actually a tough challenge, and because of the all-or-nothing high stakes of who won it, it was great. Although, to quote Rob Cesternino, the challenge may as well been plaque removal. Some tinfoil hat wearers might come out and say this was to save Bethany and Adam, but I think it means nothing.

I honestly had no idea who was going to be eliminated in that last point, Amy and Maya were running a great first place leg until Brooke and Robbie lied, which was very dramatic.

I am not so sure how I feel about that team now. Brooke only doesn't complain if she is in a terrible massage (which was GREAT television also), and they were quite stupid, along with Misti and Jim to not u-turn the cyclists. WHY wouldn't you do whatever you can to keep yourself safe? But anyways, I think they took a very villainous turn this episode.

The Candy Girls are definitely my favorite team still left in the race. They are nice, "sweet", and so happy to be there. And if Josh and Brent can win, they can too.

Lastly, the Cyclists. I know a lot of people will be sad about there elimination, as they were a fan favorite, as well as my winning pick. And if anyone on The Amazing Race had ever had a winner's edit going for them, it was those two. I'm surprised, but not really too disappointed. Probably a lock for the next All*Stars (although, not really beggin' for another one of those...)

Well, next week will be non-elimination, and then two more episodes after that. Really looking forward to the epic conclusion episodes to this season, and especially the Scientist-Wrestler aftermath.

RMichael21

Original Poster
Well, I stand corrected. Last night's episode was the best this season. As a matter of fact, the best episode I have seen probably since I started watching back in 16. And my friends agree that is not an exaggeration.

This has got to be my favorite season in a very long time. And last night's episode was great for developing the final 4. Just really great television.

Now, however, I am not so sure what the producers can take away from it. You need the amazing cast, which we have. The u-turn was quite ineffective, but it started the drama and made everyone's minds in paranoia, so it succeeded.

The fast forward was actually a tough challenge, and because of the all-or-nothing high stakes of who won it, it was great. Although, to quote Rob Cesternino, the challenge may as well been plaque removal. Some tinfoil hat wearers might come out and say this was to save Bethany and Adam, but I think it means nothing.

I honestly had no idea who was going to be eliminated in that last point, Amy and Maya were running a great first place leg until Brooke and Robbie lied, which was very dramatic.

I am not so sure how I feel about that team now. Brooke only doesn't complain if she is in a terrible massage (which was GREAT television also), and they were quite stupid, along with Misti and Jim to not u-turn the cyclists. WHY wouldn't you do whatever you can to keep yourself safe? But anyways, I think they took a very villainous turn this episode.

The Candy Girls are definitely my favorite team still left in the race. They are nice, "sweet", and so happy to be there. And if Josh and Brent can win, they can too.

Lastly, the Cyclists. I know a lot of people will be sad about there elimination, as they were a fan favorite, as well as my winning pick. And if anyone on The Amazing Race had ever had a winner's edit going for them, it was those two. I'm surprised, but not really too disappointed. Probably a lock for the next All*Stars (although, not really beggin' for another one of those...)

Well, next week will be non-elimination, and then two more episodes after that. Really looking forward to the epic conclusion episodes to this season, and especially the Scientist-Wrestler aftermath.
Great points. I agree, I'm rooting for Amy and Maya at this point. If they don't win, Adam and Bethany are my pick. I'm really not a fan of Brooke and Robbie and Misti and Jim.

And that massage detour was HILARIOUS. It truly was the highlight of the episode for me, especially Amy and Maya's reaction to it. One of the funniest parts for me was when Amy and Maya were screaming like they were being stabbed to death and Brooke and Robbie were right next to them just going, "Why are you guys in so much pain? o_O:confused:" :D:p

Last edited:

DinoInstitute

Great points. I agree, I'm rooting for Amy and Maya at this point. If they don't win, Adam and Bethany are my pick. I'm really not a fan of Brooke and Robbie and Misti and Jim.

And that massage detour was HILARIOUS. It truly was the highlight of the episode for me, especially Amy and Maya's reaction to it. One of the funniest parts for me was when Amy and Maya were screaming like they were being stabbed to death and Brooke and Robbie were right next to them just going, "Why are you guys in so much pain? o_O:confused:" :D:p
I know...that was great:D Them screaming out and Brooke just relaxing. Love that challenge:p:D

GenerationX

I was actually a little uncomfortable during the massage, as several of the people seemed to be in genuine pain, and their backs looked horrible.

My wife and I are actually rooting for the wrestlers. They won us over a couple of episodes back when they talked about how much they missed working out. Robbie made some comment about only having 7 1/2 abs left, and that just cracked us up. We like the funny teams, even if they're not the best or the brightest.

Nemo14

I agree - I thought the massage was a bit much. But then again, it was meant to be a challenge. Bethany and Adam definitely had the advantage at the fast forward, but, in all fairness, they've had a lot more challenges this race than some of the others, and have not whined at all about that. I just hated to see Kym and Allie Philiminated. I'm rooting for Amy and Maya, or Bethany and Adam. Getting real tired of Brooke's whining.

seahawk7

I was actually a little uncomfortable during the massage, as several of the people seemed to be in genuine pain, and their backs looked horrible.

My wife and I are actually rooting for the wrestlers. They won us over a couple of episodes back when they talked about how much they missed working out. Robbie made some comment about only having 7 1/2 abs left, and that just cracked us up. We like the funny teams, even if they're not the best or the brightest.
The wrestlers can be funny during challengers particularly the guy. He has a Robert Downey Jr vibe to him. He and his wife resemble the wrestlers.

0.jpg

RDJWife.jpg

Is it just me?
I am sad about the cyclists going home, and hope to see them in an Allstars.

DinoInstitute

That's also exactly why I was rooting for them too! They were just funny and having a good time, which I like to see. But recently, Brooke has gotten Race fever, and started complaining more, as well as the team taking a villainous turn (in terms of the edit at least). So I'm not really sure.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I did like the wrestlers until this last episode, the editing made Brooke seem villainous. I like the candy girls they are really nice and I felt really bad for them getting those massages. I'm not really a fan of Misti and Jim's but I was a little scared for him going across that tightrope it looked like he had a tough go of it.

DinoInstitute

I think this past episode was ok. Definitely a step down from last week, but still pretty good, and a great episode to really set up the final four and the conclusion of this season.

First of all, I'm surprised that the Sweet Scientists(or are they the Candy Girls now?) did not react much. Its a smart move strategically to be quiet, but there wasn't even a confessional about it. I was hoping for a little more good TV. And this might mean they get tricked again...

The challenges ad location was great this week. Really loved them all. Don't understand why Jim and Misti chose the cycle building, because that's the kind of thing that led to their downfall in Leg 4. Goes against their strategy of powering through the physical challenges, but whatever. They still won. The ox thing was good too. It was better the first time around in season 5, but nothing to complain about this.

And how often is it all teams are at the mat at the same time and it is so close? I remember once Leg 2 last season, and the final four in season 20, but this was still interesting.

Anyways, as I said, this was a great episode, non-elimination, to get ready for the final four and finale. And it is much debated in the TAR fan community if the winner's edit is a thing in this show. If so, I think any team could have it except Brooke and Robbie. They were just those ugly Americans that we always see. They would still, though, make a satisfactory win, like all other teams. And I'm rooting for Amy and Maya most, but the other teams, I really just don't hate them.:p:D

seahawk7

I think this past episode was ok. Definitely a step down from last week, but still pretty good, and a great episode to really set up the final four and the conclusion of this season.

First of all, I'm surprised that the Sweet Scientists(or are they the Candy Girls now?) did not react much. Its a smart move strategically to be quiet, but there wasn't even a confessional about it. I was hoping for a little more good TV. And this might mean they get tricked again...

The challenges ad location was great this week. Really loved them all. Don't understand why Jim and Misti chose the cycle building, because that's the kind of thing that led to their downfall in Leg 4. Goes against their strategy of powering through the physical challenges, but whatever. They still won. The ox thing was good too. It was better the first time around in season 5, but nothing to complain about this.

And how often is it all teams are at the mat at the same time and it is so close? I remember once Leg 2 last season, and the final four in season 20, but this was still interesting.

Anyways, as I said, this was a great episode, non-elimination, to get ready for the final four and finale. And it is much debated in the TAR fan community if the winner's edit is a thing in this show. If so, I think any team could have it except Brooke and Robbie. They were just those ugly Americans that we always see. They would still, though, make a satisfactory win, like all other teams. And I'm rooting for Amy and Maya most, but the other teams, I really just don't hate them.:p:D
I don't hate any of the final four teams, either, which is one of the reasons this will be a great ending. Despite some of the setbacks each team has had, they all seem to bounce back quickly and generally maintain good attitudes going forward.
I agree with you both.

DinoInstitute

Holy jellybeans.

I can honestly say I did not see that twist coming at all. Well, that is until we got the short clip of Phil holing another manila envelope behind his back:p That was a great twist because it was so unexpected and will change the game. It may also help that I really like Amy and Maya and want them to take it home:p:D

Also, good for Phil with his Manila envelope from Manila pun.

I don't have too much to say about this episode; it was another great one, but no specific highlight moments. As far as winner predictions, I truly think it is anyone's game.

One last thought though- I usually like one hour finales, because you get an extra week of the show! But, this season could have benefited from a two hour finale the other night. Simply because last week's table setter episode would have been a great build-up for it, and because of the super-leg where they are still racing, and the big twist. Just my thought, but nonetheless, I am so ready to the conclusion for probably one of my top 3 favorite seasons.

Yeah, that high.:cool: It's great!:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom