The Alexan at Legacy Dunes is going condo

palmtreegirl

Original Poster
It's official I got the notice in the mail today. Anyone have any experience with this? Do you think I have any chance of getting out of our lease early? I'd hate to wait it out just knowing we'll have to move anyway, especially because we'll have to move to a different area altogether.

mom2of2

it's sucks! I went down to the office since I'm suppossed to give notice this weekend and they are all freaked out too. They just found out as well and I asked about getting out of our lease early. Tiffany said that they haven't seen the letter yet and didn't know more then we did. She suggested either going to the meeting this weekend or calling the 800 number. We had just decided to stay for another year too. These are nice APARTMENTS but there is no way I'd buy one. Tiffany also told me that they would be sold "as is". I'm just interested in seeing how much they are going to go for.

kal1484

Another bites the dust....good luck finding somewhere too, we ended up just moving out of Orlando area. We did get out of our lease though. We got a packet from the condo people saying we just had to give 30 days notice. I'm not sure if it will be the same at your place, but that was that with ours. Good Luck

palmtreegirl

Original Poster
mom2of2 said:
it's sucks! I went down to the office since I'm suppossed to give notice this weekend and they are all freaked out too. They just found out as well and I asked about getting out of our lease early. Tiffany said that they haven't seen the letter yet and didn't know more then we did. She suggested either going to the meeting this weekend or calling the 800 number. We had just decided to stay for another year too. These are nice APARTMENTS but there is no way I'd buy one. Tiffany also told me that they would be sold "as is". I'm just interested in seeing how much they are going to go for.

I know this really sucks. DH just went down there this past weekend and asked if there was any chance of this happening and they said Oh no there hasn't been any talk about it, don't worry.:rolleyes: We're going to try and leave early too so we can atleast get settled in a new place ASAP. We've been looking at rental houses closer to DH's new job, looking in the Winter Garden area.

peter11435

Yikes. I almost rented at the Alexan at Legacy Dunes.

Instead I went with the Camden World Gateway (formerly the Alexan World Gateway). I love it here. Has anyone heard any rumors that Camden might go Condo.

mom2of2

nope haven't heard about any of their other properties going condo but then again our management didn't even know. Just don't be too surprised if you get a letter.

Atta83

peter11435 said:
Yikes. I almost rented at the Alexan at Legacy Dunes.

Instead I went with the Camden World Gateway (formerly the Alexan World Gateway). I love it here. Has anyone heard any rumors that Camden might go Condo.

I am here as well and have heard nothing.

Greg34

I have heard rummors from some other residents here at the Alexan the 4 bedrooms will be going for the $360k ballpark. Those are just rummors. My lease here was up in Feb and I'm moving out, its not like it used to be.

coasterphil

Are there any places left in the Orlando/WDW area? I can't keep count of how many threads I've seen saying that the complex is going to condos.

Greg34

The apt guide book has been cut in half of the size it was in 2003. Cagan Crossings is building a new section, but there is a 2 to 3 month wait there.

mom2of2

That price is about right Greg. I have heard prices for a 1/1 3rd floor being 189k and my 2/2 1st floor,lake view is going for 302k. Garages are 45k and a carport is 14k no word on storages but the condo dues will be 245.00 per month.
We opted to cancel our lease and will be moving the end of the month.

Greg34

Yah those prices seem about right, I have a 3rd floor 1 bedroom and have been told it will be above the advertised price becuase its a coner, Alexan=lake view Me=Aligator trap view, And firework view. From the neighbors I have talked with were all leaving. I see this place becoming a timeshare in the future, I don't think it will be able to make it as a condo.

palmtreegirl

Original Poster
We decided to wait out our lease, it's not up till December and then we're going to buy a house.

We did complain about a few things and they said that when they take over management, they said on the 18th, they're going to spruce the place up. Have to wait and see on that. We did find out that all the girls in the office are losing their jobs though.

palmtreegirl

Original Poster
joeyjoe92979 said:
I would never pay $300,000 for an apartment. In the end you really have no investment because apartments are not built to the quality of a house, they are built in such a rush with poor craftsmanship.

I agree, I can't believe people are paying that much for these things, especially "as is"! Crazy!

Greg34

joeyjoe92979 said:
Excluding the ones that have already gone to condos, there are 40 more properties that will be converted to condos by the end of the year in the Orlando/Disney area.

Sucks to be a renter in the area...all the "brits" are buying up the high priced condos and renting them out as timeshares.

I would never pay $300,000 for an apartment. In the end you really have no investment because apartments are not built to the quality of a house, they are built in such a rush with poor craftsmanship.

Any Idea what ones will be converted?

I just rented a place at Alexandra Parc Vue which is owned be Equity Residential and i asked if are Lease agent thought that they would go condo and he said that Equity is only in the Apartment business and wont be going condo. I move in on May 12th to a 3 bedroom. They have a lot open during the month of May so if you are looking for a place go there and see Ricky McRoy for a place, he was great with me and my friends on getting a place.

mom2of2

yeah, that's what we were told here at the Alexan too! I was in the office Saturday and watched as a couple came in to look at apts. They weren't told that we were going condo either. I hung around and when they left I asked if they were told and they said no. They were told there was availability May 1st.

Greg34

mom2of2 said:
yeah, that's what we were told here at the Alexan too! I was in the office Saturday and watched as a couple came in to look at apts. They weren't told that we were going condo either. I hung around and when they left I asked if they were told and they said no. They were told there was availability May 1st.

That doesn't surprise me that they didn't tell them. May 1st wow my new apt I had to wait on the waiting list for 2 months.

As for being told they are not going condo's almost no apt complex, in central fl, is owned by its management company. So its not really up to them weather they go condo or not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom