The Adventureland Challenge?

Exprcoofto

Original Poster
My mother found maps from our first trip to WDW in '98. On the MK map it has a section labeled "FUN FOR EVERYONE!" and under that section it says:

"Adventureland Challenge - Search for the Mystic Golden Idol
Help save Adventureland by finding the mystic golden idol. The contest begins in front of The Enchanted Tiki Birds.

Daily.......................9:45am, 12, 12:45, 3:45, & 4:30pm"

Anyone know what what is? I was too young to remember it, and I'm not sure if we even did it. It sounds pretty interesting though.

Exprcoofto

Original Poster
Found the answer to my own question by searching on Google. Guess I should have done that first.

AllEars said:
Unfortunately, the Magic Kingdom discontinued the
Adventureland Challenge as of the Spring 2000.

The Adventureland Challenge is played several times a day in Adventureland at the Magic Kingdom. The first and last games are usually the shorter version. Check your MK Guidebook for times. There are usually 5 or 6 different start times each day. Meet at the Adventureland Challenge sign near the entrance to what used to be the Tiki Birds. The Game takes approximately 20 minutes and is a great way to have fun with your group (but you can also play it alone). To begin the game, a CM explains to you that the Golden Idol Treasure is missing. You will receive a map which has the first clue. Figure out what the clue says, go to that location and get the necessary information (this part is important!). You will pick up your next clue at this point. Be sure to write down all the information you are asked to obtain! After you receive all the clues, turn them over for a puzzle of where the Golden Idol is located. Search the location and be the first group to grab the Golden Idol and return it to the Starting Point and the CM. He/She will ask you for the information you were to obtain! To the winning team that finds the Golden Idol AND can answer all the questions correctly, goes an Adventureland Challenge Certificate and a prize. The prize could be free beverages, a pass to go to the front of any line, or other similar item. There is also a short version of the game. The CM will give you only one or two clues about where the Golden Idol is located and takes only about 5 minutes to play. The 4 of us (3 adults and 1 teen) played this 2/97 and had a tremendous amount of fun. I highly recommend it to everyone of all ages!

TIPS:

Don't be afraid to ask Cast Members for help.
Bring a pen with you (You will be required to write something down).
Don't let the Sheriff of Nottingham trick you :)

SirGoofy

:(

Another thing that should be brought back. Of course it was killed when they plopped a spinner ride in the middle of the meeting area.

Lee

Adventurer
It was fun.
I won every time I played....but of course it was mostly against people half my age.:king:
I think I have one of the certificates for winning someplace....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom