The 7 Stages of Disney Grief

Vader2112

Original Poster
I posted this in another thread thought I would share:

The Seven Stages of Disney Grief: (Play Circle of Life from Lion King While Reading)
  1. Shock & Denial - Wow didn''t we just get to WDW? It can't be time to go home already!
  2. Pain and guilt - Why didn't we do ? (insert ride or attraction) Hide the pain by comsuming numerous DoleWhips and Mickey Ear ice cream bars or spend mega bucks on Disny merch to deaden the pain of leaving.
  3. Anger and bargaining - I KNEW I SHOULD HAVE BOOKED TWO MORE DAYS...maybe I can call the front desk and extend a day or two then call my boss and say I am ill or stcuk in FL.
  4. Depression & Relfection -reviewing pics and videos of the trip on last night and relecting on the events with fond memory pround sadness about returning to the real world. Coming to grips on the magnitue of the vacation to WDW coming to an end. This occurs from moment first item packed to boarding plane.
  5. 5 Upward turn - Start adjusting back to regular life once plane lands
  6. Reconstrcution and working through - Start to return to regular way of life and peeking daily at any special offers on Disny Website.
  7. Acceptance and hope - You are now home and back to work during you day you notice a great dela being offered at WDW resort and you book a trip...LET THE PLANING BEGIN.
It is the circle of life for the Disney Parks fan!
Please add your own!!​

DaddyDisneyMan

The Seven Stages of Disney Grief: (Play Circle of Life from Lion King While Reading)
  1. Shock & Denial - Wow didn''t we just get to WDW? It can't be time to go home already!
  2. Pain and guilt - Why didn't we do ? (insert ride or attraction) Hide the pain by comsuming numerous DoleWhips and Mickey Ear ice cream bars or spend mega bucks on Disny merch to deaden the pain of leaving.
  3. Anger and bargaining - I KNEW I SHOULD HAVE BOOKED TWO MORE DAYS...maybe I can call the front desk and extend a day or two then call my boss and say I am ill or stcuk in FL.
  4. Depression & Relfection -reviewing pics and videos of the trip on last night and relecting on the events with fond memory pround sadness about returning to the real world. Coming to grips on the magnitue of the vacation to WDW coming to an end. This occurs from moment first item packed to boarding plane.
  6. Reconstrcution and working through - Start to return to regular way of life and peeking daily at any special offers on Disny Website.
  7. Acceptance and hope - You are now home and back to work during you day you notice a great dela being offered at WDW resort and you book a trip...LET THE PLANING BEGIN.

Please add your own!!​
Happy you made this its own thread! Its spot on! :)

jw24

I would argue that Step 4 occurs when you leave your hotel to the airport, bus station, train station, etc. At least, it does for me. And for Step 5, yeah, that can take a while in some cases. Maybe a couple of hours after coming home, a full day after arriving or even a few days after coming home in my case.

lebeau

7 Steps with kids:

1. Euphoria - This is great. Best vacation ever. It's going to go by so fast.
2. Leveling Off - Is that bus ever going to get here? Oh well, I'm at Disney.
3. Crash - I can't pick up the kids! I'm so sore.
4. Depression - I'm ready to go. How many more days do we have left?
5. Desperation - Seriously? Can I get a bus sometime this week!?
6. Relief - Time to go home.
7. Reflection - (usually looking at pictures) - That was fun. When can we do it again.

muse1983

After going to WDW 4 years in a row my wife and I came to the sad conclusion that our lives can no longer revolve around planning and going to WDW every year or two :( bought a stupid house and planning to have a baby....:D Our yearly trip will now turn into a once every 3-5 years trip...sad but at the same time it will make the ultimate return even more magical!

DisneyDebNJ

Please add your own!!​
OMG LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Once our plane touches down in Philadelphia, I look forward to getting the dogs out of the kennel, then that first night sleeping in our own bed, only to wake up the next morning, well rested mind you, depressed as hell LOL

Cmdr_Crimson

I thought these would be the 7 Stages of Guilt.
Seven-Dwarfs.jpg

Sometime you became at least one of them during planning or during your trip.......Think about it...Espescially the last one..

DfromATX

Too funny! Great post - we have found that we are slightly depressed on that last day at Disney. The week just flies by! Of all our vacations, Disney is one we wish we could stay longer and we usually spend the next 6 months reminicing about it. All other vacation destinations, even with a great time, we are usually ready to go home.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom