Trip Report **COMPLETED** The 4 M's Go To Disney: a Birthday Extravaganza

Me: I'm not going to write trip reports
Also me : butttttt....I really like writing them :hilarious:

I swear I did not intend on writing this. I did not even take notes or that many photos but...I do enjoy writing them so here we go. Definitely less photos than I usually take so sorry!

Who?
The 4 M's as Max calls us :)
My sister Betta (her name is Elizabeth we call her Betta - to Max it's Mom (obviously) that's one M), Me (Megan), Max, and my Mom (Mary)
466638886.jpeg

Where?
The Contemporary - our first time staying in the Garden Wing/View buildings or whatever they are called

When?
September 12-15, 2019

Why?
It was my sister's Birthday. If you read my last TR you would know she called us while on that trip and asked us to join her on a last minute Birthday trip :)

September 12, 2019
Max and Betta left from Rochester and on an earlier flight so it was just my Mom and I heading down from Buffalo.
We both had to work so quickly packed up when we got home and headed to the airport.
Traffic was light and the airport was pretty quiet so we made our way quickly through checking our luggage and security.
Here is me with my nerdy folder with our confirmation numbers :hilarious:
file-156.jpg

Then we stopped for some dinner at Anchor Bar in the airport.
The airport may have been quiet but literally everyone was at the Anchor Bar I swear. It was packed.
We shared boneless wings and fries :)
FnL%OTBKQ8KcNNFLetXUZQ.jpg

g3TZcjLLS36cIXKDZ1mk8g.jpg

file-157.jpg

After our dinner we headed to our gate
IMG_6269.JPG

In typical leaving in the evening fashion our flight was delayed because of Baltimore. Literally - they can not get their act together I swear. They left late and that was our plane. :banghead:
IMG_6272.JPG

So we killed time by taking our usual dates photos :hilarious:
DSC_0028.JPG

DSC_0029.JPG

Next up: short post to finish up Day 1

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 September 14, 2019
It was my sister's Birthday!!
We thought about going to HS before EMH ended but we all slept in a little bit later than usual so we decided to skip it. My Mom and I went and got us breakfast around 8 and Max was still sleeping :hilarious:
We had some croissants, got Max ready and walked over to the MK!
We got there around 8:30 and the park had already opened at 7
We excepted crowds but we got....
IMG_6338.JPG

It was literally dead.
My Mom and Max went off to their FP for Winnie the Pooh and Betta and I headed to Space Mountain.
IMG_6339.JPG

IMG_6341.JPG

519822678.jpeg

519822694.jpeg

It was Betta's first time riding Space Mountain in several years so she never saw the new exit before :)
IMG_6343.JPG

Meanwhile my Mom and Max also went on the teacups and tried to take a picture without Max's sunglasses :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:
file-170.jpg

519818361.jpeg

519818946.jpeg

Next up: more MK

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
We all met up at the Winnie the Pooh exit.
My sister and I were looking at the 7DMT que and it was posted as a 35 minute wait. I think one big advantage of going to Disney often is having the ability to read the line situation. We both thought that the line looked shorter than that so we decided to go in line. Max was adamant that he wasn't going on. We tried to tell him it was his Mom's Birthday but he really did not want to go on it. I may have pitched a small fit about it because I was worried I was reading the line wrong and what if we were in line forever and my Mom and Max were waiting a long time. My Mom insisted we go on and I'm glad she did because we waited less than 10 minutes!! At this point the park had been open for over 2 hours (1 hr EMH and the other regular hours).
519842218.jpeg

DSC_0215.JPG

Meanwhile my Mom and Max went on the Peoplemover. 4 year old logic is so weird. Last trip Max hated the Peoplemover and loved 7DMT and this trip it was quite the opposite :banghead::hilarious:
file-171.jpg

We met up in Tommorowland and it was time for our next FP: Buzz!
We got stuck on Buzz so Betta and I both got Galactic Hero :)
IMG_6349.JPG

519860888.jpeg

519858583.jpeg

Then we stopped for some PP pictures :)
519898901.jpeg

519892791.jpeg

519913878.jpeg

519898470.jpeg

slipperalwaysfits

tink215

Day 2 continued
View attachment 411902
View attachment 411903
Betta and Max headed back to the room for his nap and my Mom and I headed to the quiet pool.
View attachment 411904
View attachment 411905
Shout out to Beverly and Mike who we met at the pool (they weren't sure of their WDW Magic name so I can't tag them)! Thanks for saying hi to us we enjoyed chatting with both of you :) Also - thanks for being avid readers of my trip reports :hilarious:
After our pool time we headed up to the room and got ready for our evening plans: MNSSHP. Another party that we did not plan on going to but last minute decided :joyfull:
I had the tripod so we took a quick Mickey ears picture :)
View attachment 411906
View attachment 411907
Then I had to run the tripod back up to the room and these are the photos I was left with :joyfull:
View attachment 411908
View attachment 411909
View attachment 411910
:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

Next up: MNSSHP
Greetings Doc Disney, from Mike and Bev! Thanks for the shout out. It was so nice meeting you and your Mom. Love your trip reports! We'll be sure to keep an eye out for you guys on our future visits.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Super adorable!! Such a cute picture!!

J's the same way. You never know what he's going to go on from one trip to the next. It must be the age.....

I'm happy to hear Max isn't alone in his ever changing mind. We have no other kids to compare him to :hilarious:

Loving the new ears and your party outfits are awesome! Being able to read the line situation is a great bonus and if you have to skip something now, you know you'll be back! Looks like your sister had a wonderful birthday!

Aw thanks!! I agree its super nice to know if you can skip it or not !

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
Our 3rd FP was for POTC but ...Max wasn't into that :hilarious:
So we changed it to IASW
We saw Alice was out along the way so we hopped in line
We got to meet our fellow Buffalonians in line @Ears to Disney so that was awesome !! Thank you for saying hi. You guys, I am totally oblivious to anyone in the parks I swear! If it wasn't for you guys saying hi to me I would never meet anyone :joyfull:
Anyway...Alice freaked Max out (let's be honest..she is weird) so he waited to the side while we met her
519978823.jpeg

Then it was time for IASW
DSC_0222.JPG

DSC_0223.JPG

DSC_0224.JPG

Cue Max saying "hey what happened to the cowgirl"
DSC_0226.JPG

And he was right....that doll was missing. What the heck - how did he notice that?! :bored::hilarious:
DSC_0227.JPG

DSC_0228.JPG

After this we headed to Peco Bills for lunch. Birthday girl's choice !
We got two trio of tacos: one with all beef and one with 2 chicken and one beef. I was feeling very melancholy about having to eat the chicken since my Mom were splitting those tacos. I don't know why - maybe because all I eat at home is chicken :hilarious:. So...I also ordered beef nachos
IMG_6353.JPG

IMG_6354.JPG

As usual we way over ordered (also I took these photos before the toppings). We would have been fine with one set of tacos.
Max had Mac and cheese - I did not take any photos of it.
It started raining when we were in Peco Bills. We had a FP for Magic Carpets after this and we thought it would be closed due to the rain, but it was open. I politely declined the ride. I did not want to get super rained on/get spit on by the dumb camel.
So...I got us a treat. I hesitated about this last trip but decided to go for it this trip. Raspberry/citrus swirl float
IMG_6356.JPG

In hindsight I probably could have asked for it without the float part which is why I did not want to order it the first time. But...it was delicious - we just essentially skipped the float part ! We all enjoyed it (just not as much as the hei hei cone).

After this we headed out and back to the Contemporary.

Next up: pool time

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
JK...we took a PP picture on the way out
It already stopped raining at this point
520012401.jpeg

Back at the Contemporary we split up. Betta needed to fix a DME issue for the next day and my Mom, Max and I stopped to get my sister some Champagne and cupcakes for her Birthday. I would like to say it was a surprise but Max already said "Mommy we are going to get you a surprise cupcake." :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: Kids, man. They are so funny.
DSC_0231.JPG

DSC_0232.JPG

DSC_0234.JPG

Oh ...this was the view from our room
IMG_6361.JPG

I will say - the Garden View rooms or whatever they are called felt very different. It was quiet but it felt like a completely different hotel. I missed being in the Main tower.
Anyway...we headed down to the pool after doing some packing
IMG_6369.JPG

I swear I was in the pool at some point I just missed the photos
IMG_6373.JPG

IMG_6375.JPG

IMG_6378.JPG

Next up: randomness

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
As what seems is the usual trend with our trips with Betta and Max our room never got cleaned the day before. It did, however, get cleaned this day and look at this adorable surprise! It was our bed, but mostly Max's penguins I swear. I don't bring that many with me :hilarious:
Just in case anyone wants to know Max's penguins names they are green beaky, grey beaky and beaky (the OG...sometimes know as black beaky) :joyfull:
DSC_0236.JPG

DSC_0237.JPG

We quickly got ready for the evening and we headed to the monorial
DSC_0245.JPG

Vampire Mickey and Winnie the Pooh were in a fight :joyfull:
DSC_0247.JPG

DSC_0248.JPG

DSC_0249.JPG

We headed to Epcot and right to our first FP: Spaceship Earth
DSC_0255.JPG

I took no other photos apparently (again...was not planning on writing a TR).
We had a FP for Figment after this but we skipped it. I really wanted to take Betta and Max up to the DVC lounge so we did that instead.
DSC_0260.JPG

DSC_0262.JPG

Slowly trying to convince my sister to buy DVC :happy:

Next up: more Epcot

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 continued
After our snacks and our pop we headed over towards Mexico.
Betta and I took our usual photo - along with this man who would not move :bored:
DSC_0263.JPG

Then it was time for the Gran Fiesta Tour!
DSC_0266.JPG

As I have said before it is a running joke in my family that there is always a "fiesta hoy"
IMG_6385.JPG

DSC_0268.JPG

DSC_0272.JPG

DSC_0275.JPG

After this we headed over towards Germany.
My sister was on a mission to try Mozart’s pumpkin spice liqueur which they sell in the pavilion.
I kept Max with me while she went to find it and my Mom went to the the bathroom.
We first took a selfie
IMG_6387.JPG

Then I taught him how to brush my hair :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:
file-172.jpg

Anyway..here is my sister with the liqueur
IMG_6388.JPG

It was actually quite tasty - she considered buying a whole bottle of it but I think she ran out of time.

Next up: Italy

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
IMG_6414.JPG

Then we checked in for dinner at Via Napoli - Birthday Girl's choice :)
We were seated at a very nice booth in the back of the restaurant. Side note: I planned on ordering a cake to surprise my sister but you can't at Via Napoli (currently anyway) :banghead:
I took basically no photos of this meal except for this sign and the pizza.
IMG_6424.JPG

We did get this bread....so here is a picture of it from the last time we had it
IMG_5134.JPG

And we shared a large pepperoni pizza
YUM!
IMG_6426.JPG

The food was great and being in the back room was awesome. It was very quiet in general in the restaurant but it was super peaceful in the back :)
After this we had to split up. My sister and Max had a very early pick up time in the AM so they headed back to the room to get some sleep. My Mom and I decided to stay in Epcot to try a few Food and Wine items.
It was dead pretty much everywhere in Disney except Food and Wine. It was nuts in there so we just planned on two stops.
Our first stop was Appleseed Orchard in Canada
I apparently only took videos of the inside but it was so pretty inside! Its in the same area that the movie was/will be again.
We tried the frozen apple pie
IMG_6431.JPG

IMG_6434.JPG

I'm not 100% what possessed me to order this because I don't really love Apple Pie but it was pretty good :)
Then we headed to Sunshine Seasons
My Mom wanted to try the Vanilla Gelato Sundae with Caramel, Whipped Cream and Sprinkles
IMG_6436.JPG

IMG_6437.JPG

Wow bad photo sorry
Well...it was not great. Would not recommend :hilarious: I can't even say exactly why - it just wasn't good.
Anyway...after this we headed out.
We stopped for a PP picture on the way out. The CM was having a hard time with her camera steaming up so I offered her my cloth to help clean her lens. Odd that they don't have those...
520463258.jpeg

Next up: MK

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
We knew we did not want to go home just yet since we would have to be in the dark while Betta and Max slept so we hopped on the monorail to MK.
DSC_0286.JPG

520487817.jpeg

I was actually able to pick up a FP for Space Mountain so we headed over there
520503792.jpeg

IMG_6444.JPG

This little girl that's in my Mom's ride photo did not stop talking to us the entire time we were in line :joyfull: Her Mom said she clearly had too much sugar. She told us her Mom screamed the entire ride but it was clearly her who was doing the screaming :hilarious:
520504106.jpeg

520504139.jpeg

Then we decided to head to the Peoplemover
We were able to see some of Happily Ever After from the Peoplemover :)
DSC_0297.JPG

DSC_0300.JPG

Then we headed to the teacups
IMG_6447.JPG

IMG_6448.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom