deleted

JohnD

Here's to the past 35 years!

And to contribute to the conversation at hand, a cast member in front of JiiwF told me that Dreamfinder was not coming back not to long ago. This is coming from a cast member, so...?

Bus drivers are cast members too...

trainplane3

The other site's YouTube has posted a 17 minute montage of EPCOT Center photos throughout the years set to music from the park's history. You guys should check it out!
Nothing against you, but a 17 minute long slideshow with images from Google isn't very impressive. I jumped through it and unless I missed it, they didn't even play "We've just begun to dream". It literally lacks the parks theme. I'll stick to the videos by @marni1971 for true and thought out Epcot history tributes.

Rider

Nothing against you, but a 17 minute long slideshow with images from Google isn't very impressive. I jumped through it and unless I missed it, they didn't even play "We've just begun to dream". It literally lacks the parks theme. I'll stick to the videos by @marni1971 for true and thought out Epcot history tributes.

The video on the site is actually a video of the presentation at Epcot in the Odyssey center.

I will note that the music loop is separate from the slideshow so ""We've just begun to dream" is probably part of the loop but just not on that Youtube.

DisneyFan18

@marni1971, do you think that Disney will announce more of the upcoming Epcot projects before D23 2019? I was hoping to get news during the Epcot 35th, however it seems unlikely :(

jpeden

In the Parks
No
He dives once a month for about 15 minutes. Odds are not in your favor unless you are lucky or know someone.

Well it's good to know that he still dives. Unfortunately I don't know anyone so I doubt I'll ever get to see him. It's really the only character I actually ever want to see. I don't know why.

prberk

I hope some of the celebration is streamed by the Parks Blog.

Or better yet, remember what their founder knew: the power of television. They used to know how to make a Disney Channel or network television event out of park anniversaries... that had the ancillary effect of being ads, but we loved them anyway

I think they have forgotten how powerful broadcasting some of these things could be.

But, sadly, I think the real thing that they forgot was simply EPCOT itself.

It s not nostalgia. It should still be that "one little spark" that inspires the kid in us to reach new heights.

asianway

Well it's good to know that he still dives. Unfortunately I don't know anyone so I doubt I'll ever get to see him. It's really the only character I actually ever want to see. I don't know why.
And if there's a corporate event but you really don't get a good look since the salon is so far from the main observation deck

SamN'Dean

"America did not exist. Four centuries of work, bloodshed, loneliness, and fear created this land. We built America, and the process made us Americans, a new breed, routed in all races, stained and tinted with all colors, a seeming ethnic anarchy. Then in a little time, we became more alike than we were different. In society, not great, but fitted by our very thoughts for greatness." - John Steinbeck

Sorry for the small nitpick, but I believe the last line is "our very faults for greatness."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom