deleted

disney1023

Here's to the past 35 years!

And to contribute to the conversation at hand, a cast member in front of JiiwF told me that Dreamfinder was not coming back not to long ago. This is coming from a cast member, so...?

tirian

This is the only thing worth discussing.

THE 35TH
ANNIVERSARY
OF EPCOT
*balls to the wall explosions*

They'll probably play retro BGM again as you walk past the Imagination carcass and shuttered Innoventions, Energy, and WoL pavilions to your car.

I won't lie, however: I've already called a CM friend with a list of special merch requests. What can I say? I love the spirit of old-school EPCOT Center.

HMF

Nothing for SSE? Anything to be overly worried about?
Last we heard they are in the very early stages of creating Version 5 but nothing concrete other than Siemens will be out of the picture in October. Some have said that many within TDO and WDI know how sacred SSE is and I pray that is true.Even in it's deeply flawed current version it is the last thing holding the park together conceptually other than RoE which is unfortunately a goner. I do hope GOTG does at least attempt to tie-in though by it's very nature is an extremely poor fit.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I should have clarified the question lol. Anything from the past 10 years? Since we're losing Obama's inauguration speech from HoP, I was hoping Disney would add a 2 second clip of his family walking down Penn avenue from 2008. I'd also accept the Cubs breaking their 108 year curse and winning the World Series last year (even though that still hurts to admit as a Cleveland fan).

If you have the chance, watch HBO's 'Tour de Pharmacy'. Lance Armstrong has one of the funniest cameos I've seen in a long time.

There are few things more 'American' than baseball
The Cubs worlds series win, If only Harry Caray was around to call that game.

Fortunately through the miracles of modern technology Anheiser-Busch was able to create a fitting tribute to Harry and the Cubs fans he loved.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Whatever replaces Reflections of Earth would literally have to be the most touching and amazing thing ever conceived because that is the record of what it is replacing.

Don't worry lots of 'Splosions to amuse the rubes think michael bay

Seriously things will only improve at WDW when a management team who respects the guests and their jntellect replaces the current crew in Burbank who think theme parks rather than being a large scale art form are instead 'Theme parks are stupid entertainment for stupid people'

OvertheHorizon

A new film at the end of The American Adventure would be good. However, I wish there was a way to add another audioanimatronic scene or two to bring that narrative closer to the 21st Century.

Currently, that final scene depicts WW II. When Epcot opened, veterans of that war were in their 50s with growing families. But those in their 40s or 50s today have lived through times of space exploration and the dawn of the Information Age. Our population at the end of WW II was 140 million. Today, we are at about 330 million. Lots has happened in "The American Adventure" since WW II for it only to be relegated to a film montage.

HMF

A new film at the end of The American Adventure would be good. However, I wish there was a way to add another audioanimatronic scene or two to bring that narrative closer to the 21st Century.

Currently, that final scene depicts WW II. When Epcot opened, veterans of that war were in their 50s with growing families. But those in their 40s or 50s today have lived through times of space exploration and the dawn of the Information Age. Our population at the end of WW II was 140 million. Today, we are at about 330 million. Lots has happened in "The American Adventure" since WW II for it only to be relegated to a film montage.
To be fair American History started LONG before the Pilgrims too.

OvertheHorizon

"America did not exist. Four centuries of work, bloodshed, loneliness, and fear created this land. We built America, and the process made us Americans, a new breed, routed in all races, stained and tinted with all colors, a seeming ethnic anarchy. Then in a little time, we became more alike than we were different. In society, not great, but fitted by our very faults for greatness." - John Steinbeck

Last edited:

Rider

Random, but apparently one of the shops under SSE got a new tile floor with a giant original Epcot logo in the middle of it.
Yep. The photo shop.

F2E1B17C-C2B5-41A0-91ED-5BD9C380A422.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom