Pre-Trip The 3 day solo "I'm getting my 3 days in Disney back" trip

Ok, first to explain the title. My family and I had a trip to Disney last June in which I had to cut my vacation short and leave a few days early from the world for a work opportunity I just couldn't pass up. Fast forward to the first weekend in April 2017 and this same work opportunity requires me to be in Orlando. Soooo I booked myself a quick 3 day/2 night trip to the World to get those days back!

WHO: Just Me (Dave) This will be my first solo trip and a very busy one as I am accustomed to at least 7 days. I travel alone a lot for my job so I'm used to it. I have a 2 day park hopper and I'm going to try and squeeze in a lot in a short amount of time. Also will be my first time at F&G in Epcot so I'm excited for that.

WHEN: Wed Mar 29- Fri Mar 31. My work has me booked for a room after that while I work over the weekend.

WHERE: Pop Century Preferred Room. Also another first for me as I've only ever stayed at POR/Dixie Landings and Fort Wilderness before. I don't plan on being in the rroom that long anyway so it shouldn't be a problem

3/29 (travel day): I am scheduled to land around 10 AM and I'm hoping to be in the parks around lunchtime. MK has evening EMH that day until 1AM so I plan to take full advantage of that. My FP selections are for MK in the evening so my current plan is to go to Studios (depending on wait times) to get my faves in, or head to Epcot to take in some of the F&G festival before heading over to MK for the evening/night
3/30: Epcot has early morning EMH so my plan is to arrive for rope drop and do Soarin' and possibly Frozen (depending on lines) and then Test Track single rider. I will probably also hit my Epcot faves and eat lunch in the World Showcase somewhere or maybe even one of the food options from F&G.
My FP+ choices are for AK afternoon/evening (Everest, Safari, and ROL) I'm excited for ROL and also for night at AK. I didn't have time for the AK nighttime activities last time
3/31 Check out Day (no park ticket) My plan is to check out early, leave my bags with Bell sercices and head to the Polynesian to grab some Tonga Toast. I've been wanting to try it for years but never got around to it. After that, maybe do a little resort hopping on the monorail loop before taking a bus to Disney Springs. Last time I was there it was still known as DD so I'm excited to see all the changes, I will walk around there for a bit, souvenir shop for my family and grab some lunch somewhere. The afternoon/ evening I'm not sure yet what my plan is but I'll play it by ear and then get an Uber to my work hotel room. A whirlwind trip for sure but it's still Disney

Last edited:

Misterdcp

Original Poster
Just remember that WDW is not a restful vacation so make sure you are rested up!!!!:)

Max
Oh I plan to be all rested and be ready to go all out. I actually have a (rare) weekend off this weekend so I'll be as rested as I have been in a while. The plan is to go! go! go!

Misterdcp

Original Poster
Less than 48 hours to go!! I'm mostly packed. I am only in Disney for 2 nights but the whole trip is 5 nights and I have to work on the weekend so packing is a little tricky. I want to try and just do a carry on, but I may end up needing to check a bag (which I never do)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom