The 12 nuttiest, weirdest things that Disneyland annual passholders do - OCR/SCNG

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Reminder, you can go to most Southern California News Group (SCNG) websites to read the article.

If you’ve ever known any diehard Disneyland fans, you know they sometimes do things that are downright mystifying, if not the opposite of what you’d expect, except to others like them.

Here are 12 flat-out nutty things that only another Disney fiend could understand. Disneyland annual passholders will….

12. Spend $15,000 on a dinner for 12 people.

11. Stand in line for hours to buy a plastic popcorn bucket

10. Go to the parks just for the exercise.

9. Obsess about secret menu items.

8. Argue for an hour about whether Toy Story or Mickey and Friends is a better parking lot.

7. OK, this is one we don’t like, but it happens.

6. Refuse to go on rides because the lines are too long.

5. Tell their friends how depressed they are...

4. Go to the resort just to eat.

3. Pay thousands of dollars per family
for annual passes — then spend even more on tickets to special events.

2. Show up before the parks open and stand in line

1 The nuttiest thing that annual passholders do?
Call in sick when it’s raining, so they can go to the parks.

Californian Elitist

I’ve been guilty of a few of these things.

Another thing APs do is pretend like they have some sort of special privileges outside of their discounts. I remember Pinocchio broke down and a guest asked me what was wrong. I gave him the “Pinocchio was caught lying” spiel and he told me I could tell him what was actually going on because he was a passholder.🤨

Rich T

I'm not a passholder, and I ALWAYS arrive before the park opens and stand in line. That's not nutty. That's knowing you can do more in the park's first two hours than in the entire rest of the day.
(EDIT)
*Reads full article* Oh, it's about buying candy canes. Yeah, that's nu-- Wait, no, that's not nutty at all!

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Lisa and I use Knott's a lot to just walk. We get good easy parking, a free meal due to our meal plan and the walkways aren't too packed. (We only go on slower days). My first longer use of my traditional 4 wheel walker and the Upwalker was at Knott's. If needed the First Aid station is staffed, but never needed it. Lisa loves to walk in and out of the park. Heck we went to Home Depot after a political meeting last night to walk, since they are open until 10 PM. We bought a $2 box of nails we needed to hand a sign.

Becky

what you’d expect, except to others like them.

Here are 12 flat-out nutty things that only another Disney fiend could understand. Disneyland annual passholders will….

Gumbo at the Blue Bayou, Bring it back!!

Phroobar

Sounds like Disneyland's definitely not the place for you
I know. It's sad. Tomorrow Terrace during the summer watching a band and eating dessert was amazing. Even better going swing dancing with the big band at Carnation Plaza.

DF8q7x_XgAAgg0T.jpg

There used to be more to Disneyland than fighting crowds and buying expensive Chinese made crap.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I'm not a passholder, and I ALWAYS arrive before the park opens and stand in line. That's not nutty. That's knowing you can do more in the park's first two hours than in the entire rest of the day.
(EDIT)
*Reads full article* Oh, it's about buying candy canes. Yeah, that's nu-- Wait, no, that's not nutty at all!
the reason it is nutty is because they are a passholder they can go anytime so there is no reason for them to do so as opposed to someone with a single day ticket.

Phroobar

Reminder, you can go to most Southern California News Group (SCNG) websites to read the article.

If you’ve ever known any diehard Disneyland fans, you know they sometimes do things that are downright mystifying, if not the opposite of what you’d expect, except to others like them.

12. Spend $15,000 on a dinner for 12 people.

11. Stand in line for hours to buy a plastic popcorn bucket

10. Go to the parks just for the exercise.

8. Argue for an hour about whether Toy Story or Mickey and Friends is a better parking lot.

7. OK, this is one we don’t like, but it happens.

6. Refuse to go on rides because the lines are too long.

5. Tell their friends how depressed they are...

4. Go to the resort just to eat.

3. Pay thousands of dollars per family
for annual passes — then spend even more on tickets to special events.

2. Show up before the parks open and stand in line

1 The nuttiest thing that annual passholders do?
Call in sick when it’s raining, so they can go to the parks.
Funny this article just showed up in the Inland Empire bulletin sunday's paper today. The article about the dueling pianos was below it. I guess these articles just come off associated press.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom