The “We're big girls now!" "No seriously does ANYONE have a bobby pin?!” June 2012 Trip Report

Jaamboo everyone and welcome to my very first ever trip report! :)

This trip took place from Monday, June 18th-Saturday, June 23rd. I did write a PTR which you can read here if you really want.. http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/senior-trip-2012-2-years-in-the-making-ptr.831186/

This trip was a high school graduation celebration that we thought of when we were only sophomores in high school. We never actually thought we’d follow through with the plans or that it would ever happen, but look at that.. 3 years have come and gone and we’re already back from our vacation.. :( I guess that’s good because it shows that we’ve stayed close friends ;)
Here’s (from left to right) the cast of this trip. Jill, Myself (Rachel), Jamie, and Annie.
DisneyTrip2012012.jpg

(While we were waiting for a Hollywood Studios bus on our first night there. Sorry we had to represent our favorite Blackhawks! :p)

Now, like I said, this is the first trip report that I’ve written so please excuse my newbie storytelling/pictures and sorry in advance for any spelling/grammatical errors..
With that being said I really hope you all enjoy my trip report and have as much fun reading about our trip as I will reminiscing about it! :)

So are you guys ready?! Then ON WITH THE SHOW! Oo and don’t forget.. Para su seguridad, permanezca sentado con las manos, brazos, pies, y piernas dentro el barco, ¡gracias! :D

LeCellier.Lover

Original Poster
Day 1- Arrival, a visit to my favorite restaurant on property, and some extra magical hours at Hollywood Studios

So getting up on Monday morning at 2:15am was a little difficult. The only reason being was that Annie, Jamie, and myself all played on a club volleyball team together and we had been up in Chicago playing volleyball the previous Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Therefore, I only got about 2 hours of sleep since I still had to pack, shower and do last minute things Sunday night. I was so out of it Monday morning that instead of springing out of bed (like my usually self) screaming that “I’M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!”. I guess, my mom told me, that I complained to her about letting me go back to sleep and to “stop touching my bed covers”.... O geeze, I know what you’re all thinking.. “SHE’S CRAZY!” right?! Well don’t worry I eventually got up and at em, got in the car, and my parents and I were on our way to go get Annie.

Annie lives about 10 minutes away from me, but Jill lives about 45 minutes north of us and Jamie actually lives in Indiana so the other 2 just met up with us at skycap at Midway Airport.

Once my parents dropped us off my mom stayed with us in the skycap line to make sure we all got our luggage checked in ok (I love her :) ) Haha! Skycap was actually closed at 3am, but just as we frowned at the long line for Southwest inside, a man came out and opened skycap and Annie and I were the first ones in line while people swarmed out to the curb from inside to check in their stuff (SCORE!).

Ok ok sorry enough chitchat about this boring airport stuff you guys want to hear about Disney, right?! Once Jamie and Jill showed up and got their stuff checked in we breezed thru security, hit up Mickey D’s and a bagel shop and went to sit at our gate. Annie and Jamie were actually just getting out of the McDonald’s line as we starting to line up for boarding....

Airplane! Airplane! (Sorry we’re not that gorgeous at 5am..)
IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0188.jpg

Annie fell asleep at some point. I was kind enough to offer her my pillow pet and Jill was kind enough to offer Annie her shoulder....
IMG_0301.jpg

Yup yup none of that will be happening on this vacation.. Haha! :p

IMG_5164-2.jpg

IMG_5169.png

Ok so I just about jumped out of the plane when I spotted Magic Kingdom from the air! I guess Annie said that once I screamed “OMG! I SEE MAGIC KINGDOM!!” The whole side of the plane that I was on turned to look out their windows. Haha! You can see Space Mountain and the Contemporary best in this picture.
IMG_5177.jpg

We could also see EPCOT, the Dolphin, and Tower of Terror if you look hard enough.
IMG_5182.jpg

So the flight was pretty uneventful UNTIL the airplane took a very weird angle.. I was thinking to myself “I’ve never cut it that sharp before while preparing to land?” Then I saw the airport! But instead of descending we starting ascending.... WHAT?! Jill started to freak out a little bit, but I just kept my cool and said “Hey at least we’ll get to see Disney World again!” We were also able to see The Wizarding World of Harry Potter the first time around as well!

About 10 extra minutes of air time we officially landed in Orlando at about 9:30am. :)
IMG_5184.jpg

MCO WE HAVE ARRIVED!!
IMG_5187.jpg

My Harry Potterheads..
DisneyTrip2012415.jpg

Annie LOVES her Spiderman :)
IMG_5190.jpg

LeCellier.Lover

Original Poster
Quick side note: A lot of these pictures were taken with my iPhone 4S so sorry for some of the pixely/grainy pictures. The rest are a mix of my camera, Jill’s camera, and mine & Annie’s Instagrams! :)

Where did I leave off? O yeah DME! We made our way over to side B Level 1 and got in our Pop Century line!

IMG_5196.jpg

It only took literally 5 minutes for us to start loading our bus! We boarded our bus at about 9:40am.

IMG_5197.jpg

IMG_5201.jpg

IMG_5202.jpg

Now time for a fun bus story! Ok so while we were waiting to unload the plane Jill said “I don’t feel good..” She had been saying how her stomach hurt ever since we were in Chicago, but we all kind of shrugged it off and said it was just nerves. Well we get all settled in to our bus and just as the driver puts the bus in reverse there goes Jill up to the front to ask for what? O great.. a barf bag.... I thought to myself “If this is any indication as to how the rest of this week is going to go....”

Luckily as the bus ride progressed she started to feel better! We tried to keep her mind off of it by watching the awesome video they play and talking about how close we were getting to the sign! :D

IMG_5204.jpg

Sorry not the best picture.. our seats were in the middle of the bus. THE BELOVED SIGN!! :D
IMG_0194.jpg

We had to make a quick pit stop at the new Art of Animation resort. Fine by me I was so excited to see how it looked! :)

IMG_0197-1.jpg

IMG_0199.jpg

Uncle Lupe

That was a great start and this is one of the few thread I've subscribed to so keep going. Being able to see MK from the plane I would have the same reaction. I'm jealous of the weather you started with it looks wonderful.

LeCellier.Lover

Original Poster
YAY you've started your TR!! You're probably going to finish yours before I finish mine!!! haha.

LOVE the Blachawks shirts! You ladies are just so cute!! Are you wearing Kane?!?
Haha! I know FINALLY right?! :p Ehh I don't know about that, but we'll see!
Thanks! While we were planning we said "We should match one night?!" So what was more fitting than Blackhawks shirts! ;) Haha! Ok DON'T be mad at me, but I'm actually wearing a Bryan Bickell shirt. My Kaner one is a kids XL and it's been thru the wash many times from so much use so it got a little short. Next time hopefully I'll have a new Kaner shirt to bring! Haha!

That was a great start and this is one of the few thread I've subscribed to so keep going. Being able to see MK from the plane I would have the same reaction. I'm jealous of the weather you started with it looks wonderful.
Thank you so much! :) I'm glad I'm doing this right so far. Haha! Yes the weather was pretty much gorgeous except for like 2 days, but we got back home a day before hurricane Debby hit, thankfully!

PolynesianPrincess

Haha! I know FINALLY right?! :p Ehh I don't know about that, but we'll see!
Thanks! While we were planning we said "We should match one night?!" So what was more fitting than Blackhawks shirts! ;) Haha! Ok DON'T be mad at me, but I'm actually wearing a Bryan Bickell shirt. My Kaner one is a kids XL and it's been thru the wash many times from so much use so it got a little short. Next time hopefully I'll have a new Kaner shirt to bring! Haha!

haha I guess I'll the Bickell shirt slide this time!! I think mine is a kids XL to now that you mention it. They're cheaper than adult ones!!! lol

chrissyw14

I'm obsessed with your Disney World from the plane pictures!!! I always try to find Disney on my flight down and I never can ]: maybe there's a different flight route from Jersey and Philly. a bunch of your photobucket pictures aren't working :( get them fixed pleaseee!

LeCellier.Lover

Original Poster
I'm obsessed with your Disney World from the plane pictures!!! I always try to find Disney on my flight down and I never can ]: maybe there's a different flight route from Jersey and Philly. a bunch of your photobucket pictures aren't working :( get them fixed pleaseee!
It is so fun to see Disney from the air! :D Yeah that's true they could take different ways? That was my first time seeing the whole resort from the air. Do you live in Philly?
I am so sorry I was moving them into separate albums on Photobucket to make it easier to keep track of them, but silly me messed it all up on here! :( They should be back up though. Sorry again!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom