Trip Report The “No Trip” Trip Report *COMPLETED*

There are pre-trip reports.

There are trip reports.

I’d like to welcome you to what I believe might be the first “No Trip” trip report.

My name is Tuvalu. Ok, that’s not my real name (it’s not “Shirley” either 😉) but it’s how I’m known here on WDWMagic. For the past six years I have contributed a lot of trip reports in this forum. A lot! Along the way I have met so many wonderful people and made new friends, some of whom I have had the privilege of meeting in person. Honestly the reason why I write is for you, the reader, because I cherish our interactions. (Getting to re-live my trip is just a bonus!)

My husband Woody, my daughter Em and I were supposed to be leaving for our Spring Break trip to WDW tomorrow. Of course we are sad we cannot go (and our doing our part to keep ourselves and others safe) but remain confident we WILL get to go back sometime in the future.

I had been contemplating going “live” for our trip. Woody and Em are not fans of my reporting “live” since my attention is diverted from enjoying vacation with them. However this idea for a “No Trip” trip report came straight from Woody himself!

So for the next week, if you‘d like to Journey into My Imagination and read about what could have been, I’ll be here.

5DA90856-676D-4566-A037-FCC623AE42B9.png

Kiwiduck

Another trip interruption courtesy of COVID-19.

Today ~ May 4, 2020

This couple:

View attachment 468122

was supposed to be “Touring the World (Showcase)” with

This couple:

View attachment 468123

@amjt660 (you may know him as Max....or Drew....or Clarence....he’s a man with many pseudonyms) and his lovely wife Tricia.

Woody was going to initiate Tricia into the Magicians Spousal Support Group.

Max and I were going to try to “out snark” one another.

It would have been grand.

Now it’s just another disappointing cancellation. 😔
I would loved to have read this! Dastardly virus!! Hopefully your fates will intertwine in the future.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Aww, that is really disappointing! I know you would have had an excellent time with them, as Brian and I did when we met up with them in Canada!
I admit I am jealous that you got to spend time with Max and the Missus! I know we would have had fun together.

Oh man... that would have made the most excellent trip report too!
I'm confident @amjt660 would have had us all in stitches!

Awww I’m sorry! That would have been such fun!
Agree. :cry:

Such a bummer but hopefully you'll be able to arrange a future meet up at WDW!
So so sad. That’s a meet-up that needs to be rescheduled!
Maybe we'll get lucky in 2021? 🤞

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
My thoughts exactly!!! So sad this did not happen.
This has got to be one of saddest things I’ve read today ☹
My sadness lasted all week. 😭

Well, that's just too good of a meet up to not happen! It's in the stars and I'm looking forward to it!
Yay for optimism! We just need some pixie dust in addition to the stars.

Aww man that would have been the best trip report!
@amjt660 is due to entertain us once again! He owes us! :joyfull:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I would have LOVED to read about that interaction!!
Me too! 🤣

I think you should reschedule the meet-up. :)
I think you may be right!

This is officially the worst part of this entire pandemic (And I had to cancel my own trip..) :hilarious:
(First sentence) Thanks for the laugh.
(Second sentence) So sad your trip was affected too. 😢

Say it isn’t so! Fingers crossed you are able to reschedule at some point. That is a magical meet up not to be missed!
Wish I didn't have to "Hall and Oates" you. ;)

fractal

Tuvaleen Turned Two!!

We celebrated “2020 Quarantine-Style” ~ Birthday Girl, her parents and big sister Tuvalette on the back stoop; grandparents Tu and Woody and Auntie Em social distanced on the patio. Zoom lens. No food, just presents!

View attachment 463476
(Don’t you love the card, @MinnieM123? Minnie is also Tuvaleen’s favorite character.)

View attachment 463477

The chair also features Minnie Mouse, though you can’t see her! :hilarious:

View attachment 463478

It wasn’t nearly enough time to spend with our sweet grands, but there will be a proper party (and lots of play dates!) once it is safe again.

Happy Belated Birthday to Tuvaleen!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Really glad to hear this! I have a stay booked for September at AKL through David’s and I was wondering what the limits on the vouchers are just in case it comes to that for us.
Fingers crossed you get to take your vacation and don’t need a voucher!

I would loved to have read this! Dastardly virus!! Hopefully your fates will intertwine in the future.

09158DB1-DB52-4DE4-A091-6AF57E13CFD6.gif

Your comment brought to mind cartoon villain D i c k Dastardly! :joyfull:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Just stopping in to say hi and wish @Tuvalu a belated happy Mother's Day

66E6E14A-D90F-4802-9D75-86DA01AC4C75.gif

And a happy belated Mother’s Day to you too!

Tuvalu, when is your trip in June? Hope u get to go!
I saw today that new reservations aren't being accepted until July...did they cancel all the existing June reservations now?
Our trip is scheduled for the last week of June. We expect to receive our cancellation notice in about a month, assuming the weekly notifications continue. :(

Well, took me awhile but I pretty much loved this trip report!
thanks @Tuvalu !
I pretty much loved that you read it!
Thanks @fractal!

RememberWhen

View attachment 471156
And a happy belated Mother’s Day to you too!

Our trip is scheduled for the last week of June. We expect to receive our cancellation notice in about a month, assuming the weekly notifications continue. :(

I pretty much loved that you read it!
Thanks @fractal!
Im sorry about all the cancellations! We canceled our early July trip. The cruise was canceled, so we canceled the whole thing. :(
Rescheduled a land-based trip for late December and the cruise for February.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Im sorry about all the cancellations! We canceled our early July trip. The cruise was canceled, so we canceled the whole thing. :(
Rescheduled a land-based trip for late December and the cruise for February.
I know you were looking forward to that July land and sea vacation. :cry:
But....perhaps December and February will blow July out of the water (so to speak)?

So our first trip canceled had us missing @Darstarr and now you’re telling me that our back up trip almost could have had a possible @Tuvalu sighting.....when will the Corona stop?!? 😩
If I recall, I don’t think our dates lined up this summer anyway. Maybe next year?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
It’s now Memorial Day and Em and I are still wondering if our June trip is happening. This evening we put our minds in vacation mode and are listening to the soundtrack from the Polynesian. And Bartender Woody crafted a specialty frozen cocktail for us.

Em christened it the Tipsy Tuvalu.

D22D6263-6FA0-4A86-B434-A60E609572D3.jpeg

SLURP! :hungry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom