Trip Report The “No Trip” Trip Report *COMPLETED*

There are pre-trip reports.

There are trip reports.

I’d like to welcome you to what I believe might be the first “No Trip” trip report.

My name is Tuvalu. Ok, that’s not my real name (it’s not “Shirley” either 😉) but it’s how I’m known here on WDWMagic. For the past six years I have contributed a lot of trip reports in this forum. A lot! Along the way I have met so many wonderful people and made new friends, some of whom I have had the privilege of meeting in person. Honestly the reason why I write is for you, the reader, because I cherish our interactions. (Getting to re-live my trip is just a bonus!)

My husband Woody, my daughter Em and I were supposed to be leaving for our Spring Break trip to WDW tomorrow. Of course we are sad we cannot go (and our doing our part to keep ourselves and others safe) but remain confident we WILL get to go back sometime in the future.

I had been contemplating going “live” for our trip. Woody and Em are not fans of my reporting “live” since my attention is diverted from enjoying vacation with them. However this idea for a “No Trip” trip report came straight from Woody himself!

So for the next week, if you‘d like to Journey into My Imagination and read about what could have been, I’ll be here.

5DA90856-676D-4566-A037-FCC623AE42B9.png

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I have a feeling Woody will get a Boarding Group by Labor Day, if not sooner~
I wish I shared your optimism.

Since I won't be going back for awhile, I should try to bake a chocolate cupcake at home!
Baking cupcakes is easy.....giving them a peanut butter icing center, not so much! :joyfull:

Seriously, I've got to put this on my must-drink list!!!
Mama's Margarita ✅
(There....I did it for you.)

Thanks for reading and commenting on another one of my TRs, @slipperalwaysfits.

Songbird76

I also like the raspberry.....
As for lemon lime....I will allow it😉
We looked for the raspberry, but couldn't find it. We weren't that impressed with the strawberry. It was ok, but not as good as the lemon lime. We did like whatever orange drink we got, too though...Fomosa I think it was called, and I believe that had the orange cream and it was so good! I guess I'm team anything but pineapple.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We ate here on our last trip after seeing one of your previous trip reports and all I can say is WOW! It was really good and makes me want to go back soon. For the people who think WDW does not have very good food (especially the quick service), they haven't eaten here. It was wonderful!!
I am glad you enjoyed Satu'li Canteen as much as we do!

Thanks @Tuvalu! A great way to help us survive the quarantine blues!!! :)
Thank you for trotting along with us! 🐎

I don’t want it to be over!! 😫
Neither do I!!! 🙁

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I am so glad you came up with a recipe for the Island Sunset drink!! I haven't had one, but I definitely am going to try to make one this summer. Oh and DH and Woody have that beer thing in common. ;) We have even had the longboard. It's good.
I can't wait for Em to come over so we can make them again. :hungry:
And of course your DH and Woody prefer beer....and like Longboard. ;)

Very much enjoyed traveling along on your Easter trip! Thanks for inventing and sharing!
Thanks for taking the time to give us a break from our real life at the moment :)
Thank you both for participating. :happy:

The whole trip report without one rude person... GASP! LOL
It was my fantasy after all! 🤣

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Love it! We celebrated Lily's 15th on Sunday and our extended family and one of her friends decided to drive their cars by our house with birthday signs and yelling out the windows at her! You've got to make the best of these types of situations!! Hopefully, you'll get to give her a big birthday hug soon!
What a wonderful demonstration of love for Lily on her special day! 😍

Oh that poor little girl in the front on the left on ToT. She looks terrified! The one on the right in the middle row looks like she is praying! And I'm not sure what's up with the mom in the front row. Is she laughing or crying? She looks more scared than the daughter clinging to her arm. I'm not used to seeing so many people in one picture who look like they think they are going to die! Even on ToT!
I LOL'ed at your observations!!

There is a theme park in Germany that has a ride with old movies. The park is called Phantasialand and the ride is called Hollywood Tour. It's not as immersive as TGMR, but it does take you through several movies like King Kong, and Jaws, etc. There are ride through videos on Youtube. If you ever come to this side of the pond, you could make a day trip. They have coasters, a TOT-like drop ride, and a kind of Chinese version of The Haunted Mansion, and a TSMM type ride where you shoot mice with balls of frosting from your piping bag. You could at least ride through some old movies. @Longers they have a really nice ice cream shop, too.

A few pictures here: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/where-in-the-world-isnt-bob-saget.895312/page-2894
Thanks for sharing these cool photos! Looks like a fun place.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Tuvalu.. I knew we were soul sisters. Schitt's Creek?! Ian and I openly SOBBED at the series finale!

giphy.gif
Now I'm even sadder that our paths didn't cross.......:cry:

Thanks so much for the awesome trip report!! It was very creative & fun(as I knew it would be!!) I just finally caught up
on the last few pages!! Thanks again & I hope to see a "reality" one from you soon!!🤞🤞🤞
I hope all of us can begin writing "reality" reports soon!!!!

I wonder if it would survive shipment?? I've got enough to share!
You are so sweet to offer sharing your stash. But I know there are some interstate restrictions on shipping alcohol and I certainly wouldn't want you to get into trouble. ;) I've found another brand of black cherry hard cider (and a hard black cherry seltzer) which.....though not McKenzie's.....are satisfactory substitutions.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Real Life Update

I was able to book “Fruitless Fastpasses” for our scheduled June vacation.

“Fruitless” because it is still uncertain if WDW will be open. (I’ve already had prior experience booking “Fruitless FPs” for our April and May trips that didn’t/won’t happen.)

Yet it was a satisfying reminder to remain hopeful. Even if this trip isn’t possible, Disney WILL reopen eventually. And though the experience will likely be quite different from the way it was, I am willing to experience how it IS going forward. Only then can I make an informed decision if I want to continue vacationing at the most Magical Place on Earth. “Most Magical” is very subjective and each individual/family needs to make that decision on their own.

Truth is, the parks have been constantly changing since Day 1. What “was” no longer “is”. I have fond memories from visits in the 70s, 80s and 90s where many of the attractions or shows that I loved no longer exist. Same is true for the 00s and 10s. Now, entering the 20s, more change is on the way. There may come a time when Disney is no longer my happy place. I hope not, but I’m old enough to realize the possibility exists.

And that’s okay. Because Disney will still be a happy place for millions of others.

So how was the Fastpass selection?

I had read some anecdotal evidence of limited availability and in some cases that was true for me. No FPs at all for BTMRR or SSE (likely due to refurbishment); several days with no availability for any Tier 1 attraction at DHS; no 7DMT or Test Track; and only afternoon slots on a day when I wanted morning.

But I’m not stressed about it. Cause if we actually get to use any of them, it will be a BONUS!! :happy:

lindawdw

I'm glad you made your FP's for June because it gives you something to look forward to even if it winds up not happening in the end. Disney has changed so much from my first visit in 1975 and although most of the changes have been good, there are times when my frustration with crowd levels and such have made me rethink future Disney trips. In the end, my love for it always draws me back. I'm expecting future trips to feel different because of the world changing events but time will tell how it all affects the way we vacation. I do know I've made some incredible memories there and hopefully will make more in the future! :)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Real Life Update

“Fruitless” because it is still uncertain if WDW will be open. (I’ve already had prior experience booking “Fruitless FPs” for our April and May trips that didn’t/won’t happen.)

Yet it was a satisfying reminder to remain hopeful. Even if this trip isn’t possible, Disney WILL reopen eventually. And though the experience will likely be quite different from the way it was, I am willing to experience how it IS going forward. Only then can I make an informed decision if I want to continue vacationing at the most Magical Place on Earth. “Most Magical” is very subjective and each individual/family needs to make that decision on their own.

Truth is, the parks have been constantly changing since Day 1. What “was” no longer “is”. I have fond memories from visits in the 70s, 80s and 90s where many of the attractions or shows that I loved no longer exist. Same is true for the 00s and 10s. Now, entering the 20s, more change is on the way. There may come a time when Disney is no longer my happy place. I hope not, but I’m old enough to realize the possibility exists.

And that’s okay. Because Disney will still be a happy place for millions of others.

I had read some anecdotal evidence of limited availability and in some cases that was true for me. No FPs at all for BTMRR or SSE (likely due to refurbishment); several days with no availability for any Tier 1 attraction at DHS; no 7DMT or Test Track; and only afternoon slots on a day when I wanted morning.

But I’m not stressed about it. Cause if we actually get to use any of them, it will be a BONUS!! :happy:

I made my fruitless fp's this morning. I had limited availability for the first few days of the trip but it opened up further out into the trip. I still don't know if we are going either. If it is open there are a a few factors we have to consider to make it worthwhile. I also don't have flights anymore for those days; I moved those to November but we could probably get something. It was just so odd making fast passes this morning. I usually pop out of bed early on fast pass day and have anticipation and excitement and that excitement usually continues during and after fast pass selection but today I hit snooze and barely made it on by 7:00 am (6am my time). And it just felt like I was doing some sort of chore.

cgersic

Tuvaleen Turned Two!!

We celebrated “2020 Quarantine-Style” ~ Birthday Girl, her parents and big sister Tuvalette on the back stoop; grandparents Tu and Woody and Auntie Em social distanced on the patio. Zoom lens. No food, just presents!

View attachment 463476
(Don’t you love the card, @MinnieM123? Minnie is also Tuvaleen’s favorite character.)

View attachment 463477

The chair also features Minnie Mouse, though you can’t see her! :hilarious:

View attachment 463478

It wasn’t nearly enough time to spend with our sweet grands, but there will be a proper party (and lots of play dates!) once it is safe again.
Oh my gosh how the time flies!! Can't wait for the first trip report when they both make it to the World! Happy Birthday!

k8einwdw

Real Life Update

We just did the same thing last night when we got the official email that our May trip is cancelled. J doesn't have an AP right now, just a 4-Day Park Hopper, so I couldn't have FPs booked for multiple trips at a time...we were two weeks behind the curve making them, but there were still some decent-ish FPs available. I'm thinking that they're probably holding some back until they know for sure that they'll re-open in June. Here's hoping that our June trips can happen!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm glad you made your FP's for June because it gives you something to look forward to even if it winds up not happening in the end. Disney has changed so much from my first visit in 1975 and although most of the changes have been good, there are times when my frustration with crowd levels and such have made me rethink future Disney trips. In the end, my love for it always draws me back. I'm expecting future trips to feel different because of the world changing events but time will tell how it all affects the way we vacation. I do know I've made some incredible memories there and hopefully will make more in the future! :)
We are two peas in a pod. Your thoughts match mine exactly.

I made my fruitless fp's this morning. I had limited availability for the first few days of the trip but it opened up further out into the trip. I still don't know if we are going either. If it is open there are a a few factors we have to consider to make it worthwhile. I also don't have flights anymore for those days; I moved those to November but we could probably get something. It was just so odd making fast passes this morning. I usually pop out of bed early on fast pass day and have anticipation and excitement and that excitement usually continues during and after fast pass selection but today I hit snooze and barely made it on by 7:00 am (6am my time). And it just felt like I was doing some sort of chore.
I hope we have fruit in June....for many reasons. :happy: For what it’s worth, I always find making FPs a chore. (But always glad to have them after the fact!)

Longers

There is a theme park in Germany that has a ride with old movies. The park is called Phantasialand and the ride is called Hollywood Tour. It's not as immersive as TGMR, but it does take you through several movies like King Kong, and Jaws, etc. There are ride through videos on Youtube. If you ever come to this side of the pond, you could make a day trip. They have coasters, a TOT-like drop ride, and a kind of Chinese version of The Haunted Mansion, and a TSMM type ride where you shoot mice with balls of frosting from your piping bag. You could at least ride through some old movies. @Longers they have a really nice ice cream shop, too.

A few pictures here: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/where-in-the-world-isnt-bob-saget.895312/page-2894
Ooh Ice cream :D

Longers

No BTMRR?..........

But like you say anything is a bonus.

You’re now experiencing what it’s like for me to wait a year for my Disney trips - I really hope it’s not that long till it opens though.... I need my online fix

Stay safe my Disney friend

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I need to make FP in about a week and a half! We’re still not sure what’s going to happen. Stay safe everyone! @Tuvalu - Thanks for posting and keeping people’s spirits up.
You may as well proceed with booking FPs. Can't hurt to have them.....and Disney will cancel them if the parks aren't open. (I opened MDE the other day and saw that my May FPs had gone poof!)

Oh my gosh how the time flies!! Can't wait for the first trip report when they both make it to the World!
Most time flies.....but for me the last two months' time has taken for-ev-er!!!!! Serves me right for all the years I complained about time passing too quickly. :hilarious: We had just started the initial planning for a 2021 trip with the whole family when the virus arrived. Like everything else, that's up in the air for now.

We just did the same thing last night when we got the official email that our May trip is cancelled. J doesn't have an AP right now, just a 4-Day Park Hopper, so I couldn't have FPs booked for multiple trips at a time...we were two weeks behind the curve making them, but there were still some decent-ish FPs available. I'm thinking that they're probably holding some back until they know for sure that they'll re-open in June. Here's hoping that our June trips can happen!
I've run into that AP FP booking glitch in the past but thought it got fixed? (Assuming you have resort reservations for all your planned trips.)
Hope you and J get to take your June vacay.

No BTMRR?..........

But like you say anything is a bonus.

You’re now experiencing what it’s like for me to wait a year for my Disney trips - I really hope it’s not that long till it opens though.... I need my online fix

Stay safe my Disney friend
My heart is sad for all who have had trips canceled, especially those who saved and planned for a year or more. Will you be able to keep your September plans? I promise to ride BTMRR for you whenever it opens!! ❤

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom