Trip Report The “Jasmine kissed me” Suprise Christmas Trip!

A33632BE-0F32-42B9-AD78-FADFA6A29EF5.jpeg
Who: Me, Hubs, Jet (7), Bear(4), Nene(4), Handsome (2), Grandma & Grandpa

What: Suprise Whirlwind Christmas trip

Where: AOA & Contemporary

When: Dec 15-19th

Why: I started planning this trip 382 days ago. We were in the middle of an addition on our 100 year old farmhouse. My family of 6 had been transplanted into a 2 bedroom rental house with 1 bathroom. After weeks of dragging our 4 rowdy kids to granite stores, paint stores and window companies I felt like a failure as a parent. Our lives and theirs had been consumed by this beast and money pit we call our home. The 6 month project had turned into a year and was 35% over budget. I needed to make up for this nightmare of a year to my beloved babes. I decided that night that we were going to take them to Disney at the wrap of our construction. Thus planning began.

amjt660

Premium Member
I have really enjoyed seeing Disney through your eyes and especially through the eyes of your adorable children

We did a Disney trip yearly from age 6 to 18 for our oldest - missed one year and continue to do every year now up to 23.

But it is the early trips with the innocence and wonder that are the most memorable

Hold on and treasure them

And start planning the next one as soon as you can!!

Thank you for sharing

Max

ELeigh

The Goofster was mighty playful this morning. View attachment 261606View attachment 261607View attachment 261608View attachment 261609
At last the big cheese, the head honcho M-I-C-K-E-Y. View attachment 261610View attachment 261611View attachment 261612View attachment 261613View attachment 261614View attachment 261615
We had a heart warming and tasty breakfast. I was on the fence if an ADR was a good way to end our trip. When you don’t have time to visit a park this is a great way to extend the magic.
Love the interactions the kids have with the characters! I adore those sequin shirts would you mind sharing where you found those? :)

ScarletBegonias

Wonderful trip report!! You have a beautiful family!
I just LOVED the pictures of the kids on 7DMT!!! Those genuine smiles are just the best! I cannot wait until I can get my daughter on it and get pictures like that! :)

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
I have really enjoyed seeing Disney through your eyes and especially through the eyes of your adorable children

We did a Disney trip yearly from age 6 to 18 for our oldest - missed one year and continue to do every year now up to 23.

But it is the early trips with the innocence and wonder that are the most memorable

Hold on and treasure them

And start planning the next one as soon as you can!!

Thank you for sharing

Max

That is amazing you have done a Disney trip every year from 6 to 23. If I may ask, what made you break the streak?

We are trying to do every other year as long as they enjoy it. I have already been eyeing dates for our next trip. We want to go back to DLR & DCA handsome loves cars so I think he would love it. It’s just hard to resist all the new attractions coming to WDW.

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
Great trip report!! I enjoyed every moment of it!! You have a beautiful family!!

Thank you. We really enjoy spending time together.

Wonderful trip report!! You have a beautiful family!
I just LOVED the pictures of the kids on 7DMT!!! Those genuine smiles are just the best! I cannot wait until I can get my daughter on it and get pictures like that! :)
Thank you. My twins have loved 7DMT since they were 3. Jet just got on board this trip. I can’t wait to see what Handsome thinks. I bet your daughter will love it too.

amjt660

Premium Member
That is amazing you have done a Disney trip every year from 6 to 23. If I may ask, what made you break the streak?

We are trying to do every other year as long as they enjoy it. I have already been eyeing dates for our next trip. We want to go back to DLR & DCA handsome loves cars so I think he would love it. It’s just hard to resist all the new attractions coming to WDW.
2013 was a dark year in the Max house

My oldest applied for university in Nova Scotia in a music therapy program
So during her spring break we all flew down for her to auditon
Then in the summer we went back down to move her in

Then my dw had the great idea to finish or basement after living with it unfinished for 14 years
So the combination of trips half way across the country + tuitions/books/ residence + $75K on the basement = no money for Disney

DCA is awesome
The first time I walked into cars land I told my dw that this is a little boys dream!!

Max

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom