Trip Report *COMPLETED* That time I paid for a dessert party and couldn't eat anything: I Kidani you not! A December 2018 trip report

Hello All! This is my first trip report, so please bear with me! I have loved reading all of your trip reports on here for a long time and may (just may) be slightly obsessed with them. So, here goes my crack at it.
I guess I'll start with the basics:
Who: Myself (Katie), my husband (Mike), and our 8 year old son (Ben). We are from Michigan and I am the major Disney fanatic in the family. Mike mostly just goes along for the ride to keep me happy, but he does enjoy it, too. And Ben of course loves our trips as well. This was his third trip so far, as we have been going every two years. I would love to go more often, but convincing Mike to do yearly trips hasn't happened yet. I mean, what's his problem?! :rolleyes:
AK_PANDORASMFALLS_20181204_414819621339.jpg

When: Dec 1st-Dec8th. We have historically gone the week before Thanksgiving, but decided to give the first week of December a try this time. I like going this time of year because of the cooler weather. I cannot handle walking around in the heat and humidity of Florida. I give major props to all those on this forum that go during the summer! Ben missed a week of school, but I'm ok with that. He's in 2nd grade right now and his teacher had given him a homework packet to do on the trip.

Where: Animal Kingdom Lodge-Kidani Village. Standard view studio. This was our first time staying at AKL. We decided to rent DVC points this year, which was also a first. We went through DVC Rental Store and it was a very easy and good experience. We ended up saving quite a bit on the room as compared to booking rack rate. However, it was still a bit pricey, so I opted for the studio room (1 Queen bed with pull out couch) with a standard view to save a little more money. Since there are only three of us, we don't really need that much room.
Also, I am a veterinary technician with a degree in zoology, so anything animal related is totally up my alley!!
IMG_0030.JPG

Saturday, December 8th:

We left Detroit Metro airport around 10am on Saturday. The flight was uneventful and we landed at MCO a little ahead of schedule.
IMG_0010.JPG

I had been debating prior to our trip about whether to have Magical Express take our luggage to the resort or just do it ourselves. I had packed our carry-ons with bathing suits and change of clothes, just in case we didn't have our main bags and wanted to go swimming when we got to the resort. We have had them handle our luggage in the past, but I know it can take a long time sometimes. However, on our way to the airport I suddenly remembered that I had left our ME luggage tags at the house. Mike asked if I wanted to turn around, but we were already on the freeway so I just figured we'd take our own bags after all.
When we got to the Magical Express area at MCO....IT.WAS.INSANE!!! Now, we have used ME many times in the past and we've never had the luxury of just walking onto a half full bus, and we have always had to wait in some sort of line before getting on the bus. In fact, I keep telling Mike that I read on here all the time about people just sauntering on to the ME bus, no lines, and he thinks I'm full of it :joyfull: . I kept saying "Maybe we'll get lucky like the folks on my Disney blog"! Well, that was definitely not going to be the case today. I have never seen the line so long and crazy. It was stretched out way past the elevators and you couldn't even see the ME check point. CMs were trying to guide people into some sort of organized lines. It probably took a good hour before we were on the bus! Ben got on and wanted the very last seat on the bus. You know, the one directly next to the bathroom :bored:. But, soon we were on our way. We stopped at Coronado Springs first and then AKL Jambo House, and then AKL Kidani Village.
When I stepped off the bus, it was warm, overcast, and a little windy. As I waited for our bags from the bus, I just kept looking around like "Oh my god, I cannot believe I am finally here!". After so much time planning this trip, we were here! And the sounds and smells from AKL were so wonderful, I may have teared up just a little.
Here are some pics I took from the front of the lobby area
IMG_0011.JPG

IMG_0012.JPG

Light fixture for @Doc Disney !

I had received a text while on the ME that our room was ready. I was crossing my fingers for a partial savannah view room and had put in a room request as well, but I knew it was a long shot. No need to check in at the front desk, so we went directly to our room on the 5th floor. I knew as soon as I stepped off the elevator that I would not be getting my wish, but that's ok.
Our room was very nice. It had a balcony that faced the hotel entrance, so while there may not have been animals, it was at least good people watching! Our room had a queen bed, a pull out couch, a small kitchenette area with microwave, mini fridge, sink, and toaster. The bathroom was pretty standard, but nice. Everything was clean.
IMG_0013.JPG
IMG_0017.JPG

IMG_0018.JPG

IMG_0019.JPG

Rista1313

Awwww I can't like that last post...it really stinks you couldn't eat anything. We did the party in May before they added the hot food, and the ooey gooey... that push pop thing looks good.. they didn't have that either. But we really enjoyed what we did have, and the garden view with less people was awesome.

KatieLVT

Original Poster
After we (they) ate all we could, you were allowed to leave and go do things until you were ready to go to the viewing area. We were given wrist bands at check in, so when ever we were ready to go to the garden for the show, we just had show our bands to the CM at the viewing area. I knew there was no way I was going to be able to enjoy the show if I didn't start feeling better.

So, we walked over to one gift shop (the name is escaping me at the moment) and asked the CM if they had any medicine like Dramamine. She said no, but if we walked over to Mickey's Star Traders, they had some there. She said to look on the back wall. We walked over and went to the area she told us to, but didn't see anything. The CM at the register saw us and said "Are you looking for medicine?". I said yes, and he pulled out a whole tray of different medicine from under the counter, all different individual packets in little compartments. He had everything! From Benadryl, to aspirin, to you name it! It was like a secret drug deal going down at Mickey's Star Traders! :hilarious::hilarious:

Luckily, he had Dramamine in his stash and bought a couple packets. So, if you are ever in need of some medicine while in Tomorrowland, go to Star Traders and ask the CM at the back register. He will hook you up ;)

Random pic of Tomorrowland sign
IMG_0379.jpg

I took the Dramanine, but was feeling skeptical that it would actually work this late in the game. But, I ended up feeling much better after just a little while and was able to enjoy the rest of the evening. I still didn't get my appetite back until the next day, but the constant nausea went away.

We went to the garden viewing area a little later than we had planned due to the detour. But, we still got a good spot towards the back by the fence. It was mostly unobstructed, but there was one tree in the way a little bit.

This was the first time we saw Happily Ever After and I really loved it. I did not take any pictures since this was the only time we were going to be seeing it and I wanted to just take it in. It was really great though.

Man, was it busy at MK that night!! I am so glad we had that reserved viewing area, the entire hub was just wall to wall people. The park was open later that night, so we walked around and did some rides. We did Jungle (Jingle) Cruise first. I love this ride at night.

We had Brian as our skipper. He was absolutely the best skipper I have ever seen! He was hilarious and so energetic. You could tell he obviously loves his job. Or, he's just a really great actor.

Here's a blurry pic of him
IMG_0380.jpg

Ben locked up
IMG_0382.jpg

I am trying to remember all the rides we did this night. I think Small World, Barnstormer maybe? I don't know, but while the park itself had emptied out quite a bit, the lines for the big rides were still pretty long. I had wanted to stay until close to see the Kiss Goodnight, but there was no way. We were all beat, so we headed to the buses. Luckily, I felt ok on the bus and soon we were snoozing in our beds at AKL.

KatieLVT

Original Poster
Awwww I can't like that last post...it really stinks you couldn't eat anything. We did the party in May before they added the hot food, and the ooey gooey... that push pop thing looks good.. they didn't have that either. But we really enjoyed what we did have, and the garden view with less people was awesome.
I know, I was so mad!! I would definitely do it again, though. I think it was worth it just for the viewing area alone.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
How awful to be feeling nauseous during a dessert party. It must have been a huge disappointment for you, but at least you still got to enjoy the show.

KatieLVT

Original Poster
Thursday Dec 6th:

The next morning was Animal Kingdom again. Here's a nice shot of the entrance with some random people taking a selfie.
IMG_0384.jpg

We had another FP for Everest, but first a stop off for another Wilderness Explorer badge. Ben was talking to the CM about flamingos.
IMG_0385.jpg

We headed to Everest and finally got our on-ride photo this time! That's Mike in the back.
AK_EXPEDITIONEVERESTRIDE_20181206_414839635274.jpg

Me and Ben. He was so happy!
AK_EXPEDITIONEVERESTRIDE_20181206_414839507007.jpg

I really do love this ride, I understand now why this is a lot of people's favorites. It's nice and long for one thing, and just so creative. The que is really cool, too.

I did not take a lot of pictures on this day, I'm not sure why. However, I'm pretty sure we wandered around looking for more badges and looking at animals. We also had a FP for Flight of Passage again, which was equally as awesome as the first time. I was super nervous riding it, since I had no motion-sickness medicine on board, but it didn't bother me at all! The technology is just so good I don't think my body reacts to it the same as other screen-type rides.

We also watched these guys for a while. You can't really tell in the photo, but they were sharing a branch of leaves to eat. It was really cute.
IMG_0387.jpg

It was time for lunch, and we were all starving. I tried to do mobile order for Pizzafari, but for some reason it kept telling me that it wasn't open yet. But, it was well past opening time for the restaurant, so I'm not sure what the deal was. I was preparing myself for a long line for ordering, but when we walked in there was hardly anybody there! It was around 11:45 or so, so I was surprised. Maybe that's why they weren't accepting mobile orders? Anyway, we ordered from the nice lady and found a seat.

Ben got a kid's cheese pizza with grapes, cookie, and chocolate milk. I had the veggie pizza and Caesar salad and Mike had a meat pizza of some kind with a salad. We each ordered a Safari amber as well.
IMG_0389.jpg

IMG_0390.jpg

These pizzas never look that great in pics, but when you're hungry and tired, they are SOOO good! And the beers really hit the spot. After we carb-loaded, it was off to the safaris again.

I love okapis! I just find them so amazing. The fact that they were not "discovered" (by non-indigenous people) until 1901 is absolutely incredible! And they're just so beautiful, too.

IMG_0391.jpg

More safari pics
IMG_0394.jpg
IMG_0396.jpg

Well, I guess that's it for my AK pictures. We ended up leaving in the afternoon to go back to the resort. We were heading out to HS later that night.

KatieLVT

Original Poster
Hollywood Studios:

The plan was to see Fantasmic at HS in the evening. We went a little bit earlier so we could walk around and see TSL lit up at night. I could not get another Slinky Dog FP, but I did get one for Swirling Saucers.

IMG_0398.jpg

It was kind of fun. I don't know that I'll ever wait in line to ride it, but it was ok. Ben only thought it was meh, too. Although he did like squishing me every time we went to the side.

Hey, Buzz!
IMG_0399.jpg

I really wanted to get a picture of Ben in his sorcerer hat with Sorcerer Mickey, so we walked over the meeting place with Mickey and Minnie. I think it's called Sunset Dreams, or something? I'm too lazy to look it up right now!

This line took FOREVER! I honestly think this may have been the longest we waited the entire trip, aside maybe for TSMM. Plus, that que is really boring with nothing to look at or do. I think we ended up waiting almost 50 minutes. I think it was posted at 35. We were also cutting it close on time for Fantasmic, so I was getting a little anxious. The plan was to grab a quick bite to eat before the show, but it wasn't looking too great. I ended up placing a mobile order at Fairfax Fare, but then canceled it when I realized we didn't even have time to do that.

Meanwhile, Ben amused himself in line by being silly
IMG_0407.jpg

We finally got into the building area where at least there were pictures on the walls to look at. Ben liked how the pictures all changed and wanted me to take a picture of every singe change. I will spare you all 6,000 of them, but here's one :hilarious:
IMG_0412.jpg

We made it! Hi Minnie!!
STUDIO_REDCARPETACHAR_20181207_414845736008.jpg

Next was the big man himself. I love Mickey in his sorcerer's costume, and the background set was pretty cool.
STUDIO_REDCARPETBCHAR_20181207_414845817377.jpg

Of course Mikey loved Ben's hat. He took it off his head and was pretending to do spells with it. He walked over to his spell book and was motioning the words into the hat. Ben never knows how to act during these meets, so he's usually really quiet and shy. But, then afterwards he'll be all excited and talking up a storm about what Mickey did!
STUDIO_REDCARPETBCHAR_20181207_414845817375.jpg

So, after that we finally made out way to the front of the park for Fanstasmic. There was no time to stop for food, so we decided we would just get a snack inside the venue. Although, the boys did make a quick trip to the bathroom while I waited and browsed a little in one of the stores on Sunset Blvd. The snope was also falling and the projections on ToT were going. It was pretty cool to stand there for a minute to watch.

Since I am a crazy cat lady, plus a crazy Disney lady, when I saw this shirt I had to send a picture to one of my friends from work. It's like it was made for me!! :joyfull:
IMG_0420.jpg

Unfortunately, it was not really my style of shirt, or else I would have bought it for sure. I briefly thought about buying it as a pajama shirt, but at $40, I decided not to. If they had it in a fitted t-shirt or something, I would definitely get it.

Once we got in the gates, we headed to a food stand to get a snack. We ordered popcorn, some drinks, and I really had my heart set on the roasted almonds they have. The very nice and sweet CM that was working there said there would be a wait, about 4 minutes for the next batch of almonds.

So, we moved to the side to wait. And wait. And wait. I used the bathroom, came back...more waiting. About 20 minutes later, they were ready!! We weren't complaining or anything, I know it's not their fault. However, the CM felt bad and gave us two bags instead of the one for waiting so long. This was very nice of her. We thanked her and went on our way.

I had gotten us a FP for Fantasmic earlier. However, I totally thought that this gets you a designated seating area. Rookie move, I know! :rolleyes:

It only gets you through the gates earlier, the seating is still first come first serve for everyone. As we're walking along looking for seats, I asked a CM where the FP seating was. She says "Oh, just keep going down by the Pocahontas section". Ok, so we walk to Pocahontas and ask a CM the same thing. He says "Keep walking that way" and points farther down. Ok....so we walk over there. By this time, we're practically at the end of the stadium. I'm beginning to see my mistake now. A third CM tells us, "Oh, there's no seating for FP, just find an open seat". :facepalm:

Oh well, we find a seat near the very last section on the end, right by where the floats come out. It wasn't too bad a view, but the projections were a little off for us. No big deal though...we watched the show and ate our snacks and it was fine. Ben liked the show and then we headed out with the mass of people afterward. We got a Lyft and headed "home" for some much needed sleep.

Up next: our last park day

Attachments

• STUDIO_REDCARPETBCHAR_20181207_414845817375.jpg
    STUDIO_REDCARPETBCHAR_20181207_414845817375.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 26

Zipadeelady

I may have had "Walt" during my summer trip. Not sure if I mentioned him in my report. The driver I had was very over the top, and during the bus ride he mentioned several times to remember his name (which I can't seem to do :oops:) and let his boss know how well he did. I swear he must have been a former Jungle Cruise CM. I would have really enjoyed it if he would've cut his act in half and let me have some peace the rest of the way to our resort. Did I mention it was, if I remember, around midnight and everyone was so tired and we all just wanted him to be quiet.

I'm so sorry you were feeling bad your MK night. It really sucks being sick at Disney!

Last edited:

KatieLVT

Original Poster
I may have had "Walt" during my summer trip. Not sure if I mentioned him in my report. The driver I had was very over the top, and during the bus ride he mentioned several times to remember his name (which I can't seem to do :oops:) and let his boss know how well he did. I swear he must have been a former Jungle Cruise CM. I would have really enjoyed it if he would've cut his act in half and let me have some peace the rest of the way to our resort. Did I mention it was, if I remember, around midnight and everyone was so tired and we all just wanted him to be quiet.

I'm so sorry you were feeling bad your MK night. It really sucks being sick at Disney!
Yeah, sounds like you may have had the same driver! I appreciate that they are trying to entertain, but mostly we just want to relax and get back to our resort! :rolleyes:

KatieLVT

Original Poster
Sorry for the delay again....but here we go!!
Friday, Dec 7th: Our Last Park Day

So, since it was our last day at the parks, we had to end our trip with MK, naturally. It was a nice, warm-ish morning and the sun was shining. We had a FP for Seven Dwarfs, but I had the bright idea to do Splash Mountain first thing before the lines got too long. Boy, was that a dumb idea!!
I always request the back because I think that you have a better shot of not getting soaked. So, no different today and Ben and I were in the back. HOWEVER....I ended up getting completely drenched not once, not twice, but three different times within the same ride! Once in the beginning (I can't remember exactly from what now), then at the bottom of the drop, and then by another boat coming down from the drop while we were waiting at the bottom. I mean, I was SOAKED from head to toe, socks to underwear! You can kind of see how wet my sweatshirt was on my arms in this pic. The two boys? Not a drop!! :bored:

MK_SPLASH_20181207_414850178721.jpg

Luckily, it was sunny out so I wasn't completely freezing. However, I was not exactly happy. I tried to be a good sport and laugh it off, but walking around in wet jeans is the pits!! :banghead:

Enjoy some random photos I took from the ride:
IMG_0421.jpg

Look at me...so innocent and dry:joyfull:
IMG_0422.jpg

IMG_0423.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

We must have walked over to Gaston's again. I think when I wrote about getting the cinnamon roll and LaFue's Brew the other day, it was actually this day. Now remember it because I was sitting in my wet pants inside eating it! LOL!!

IMG_0428.jpg

IMG_0429.jpg

We ended up back over in Frontierland. We decided to see the Country Bears since Ben had never seen the show, and Mike and I hadn't seen it since we were kids. Wow...I mean...super weird guys. I know it's a cult favorite and I definitely don't think they should change it because it's a classic WDW show. But...the song lyrics? Something about beating little Rosco, and watching the blood run? And how the lady bear on the swing is drinking wine? :hilarious::hilarious:

But, despite the drug-fueled dream that is the Jamboree, I do like that the bears themselves are always walking freely around Frontierland.
IMG_0432.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

KatieLVT

Original Poster
We visited Snow White and her friends
MK_MINETRAIN_20181207_8297010656.jpeg

MK_MINETRAIN_20181207_8297007228.jpeg

We stopped for a Photopass pic. I really wish you could see how wet my clothes still were. It had been a couple hours, but I was still damp. Especially my pants. But, it looks like I'm completely dry here. You can see how lovely my hair looks, though. :joyfull:

Oh, the other thing you can't experience in the photo is the way that Splash Mountain water smells after you've been marinating in it! Yikes! :hungover:
MK_BELLEVILLAGEBRIDGEICONNC_20181207_414851732898.jpg

I know I sound like I'm complaining a lot (and I am!), but I really was laughing about it for most of the day. It was just so crazy!

Ok, help me out here: I think I took this in line for Barnstormer. Does that sound right? Anyway, I'm excited for the Tron coaster.
IMG_0434.jpg

We set sail on the happiest cruise:
IMG_0436.jpg

Then we took a rest while I placed a mobile order for lunch
IMG_0438.jpg

KatieLVT

Original Poster
We picked up our order at Columbia Harbor House. There was a bit of a wait for our food and there were lots of other people waiting too. I was telling the guy behind me in line how mobile order was such a great idea and time-saver. The lady in front of me chimed in and was complaining about how slow it was and how she'd been standing there forever. I didn't really think she was being fair. It was prime lunch rush time, and despite having to wait a little bit, I do think it's much more convenient than standing in line.

I ordered the lobster roll. I don't know why. I had planned on getting the Lighthouse sandwich, but made a last minute decision. I should have stuck with my original idea. The lobster roll was fine, but not great. The chunks of meat were very generous though, just not a lot of flavor and too much bun. I ended up eating most of it with a fork. The chips are always good though!
IMG_0439.jpg

Mike ordered the tuna sandwich. He said it was good.
IMG_0440.jpg

Ben got the kid's chicken nugget and fish combo. I didn't take a picture though. We sat upstairs and relaxed for a while before starting off again.

This day is a little fuzzy on details, I'm just going off pictures. But, I do know we had used our FP's already, so I kept snagging new ones. We got one for Pooh. I do not think this ride is worth waiting in stand-by for, but with a FP it's worth it.
IMG_0441.jpg

IMG_0445.jpg

We then stumbled on the FoF parade right by the castle. We stopped to watch it go by.
IMG_0447.jpg

IMG_0448.jpg

IMG_0449.jpg

We headed over to Adventureland after that. I had a FP for the Flying Carpets I think. We rode those and also walked up the Swiss Family Tree House. This was sad because as we were at the top, we saw a squirrel hanging on to one of the beams of the tree house that was sticking out beyond the railing. I think it was hurt or sick, because it was not moving, shivering, and looked terrified. And normally, a squirrel would run off with all those people passing by, but it just sat there looking so scared and shaking. Ben noticed it and was very concerned. I kind of tried to move him away, but he gets very emotional about animals (just like his mom!!). He really wanted me to tell a CM when we were down on the ground so they could get help for the squirrel. But, I convinced him that the squirrel was probably just resting and taking a break and that I was sure he'd run off any minute. I knew there was nothing a CM was going to be able to do for it, and I also didn't want to draw further attention to the poor little thing.

We decided that some ice cream was in order. I had my heart set on the Plaza and since it was our last day at MK I was not going to let that go! Line or no line, I was getting me some ice cream!! :joyfull:

Now, I had it in my head the whole trip that I wanted the All American Sundae. Every time I see @Tuvalu post pics of it in her TRs, I am drooling! But...as I was waiting in line I noticed the Apple Blossom Sundae on the menu. Warm Apple Pie served with Caramel Sauce, Whipped Cream, Cherry and your choice of two hand-scoops of Ice Cream. Ugh!! Why is it so hard to choose!?

I was debating back and forth and then when the moment of truth arrived I chose....
IMG_0451.jpg

The Apple Blossom!

This was SOOO good!! The picture doesn't really do it justice, but the pie at the bottom was warm and crispy, kind of like a McDonald's apple pie. Then with the ice cream and caramel sauce...:hungry: All-American...you'll just have to wait!

Mike ordered the ice cream cookie sandwich with strawberry ice cream. He said it was good, but the cookies were hard and cold, so it could have been better. He admitted mine was superior.
IMG_0452.jpg

Ben had a kid's scoop of plain chocolate. He's a no-frills kind of guy.
IMG_0453.jpg

Spash007

We ended up back over in Frontierland. We decided to see the Country Bears since Ben had never seen the show, and Mike and I hadn't seen it since we were kids. Wow...I mean...super weird guys. I know it's a cult favorite and I definitely don't think they should change it because it's a classic WDW show. But...the song lyrics? Something about beating little Rosco, and watching the blood run? And how the lady bear on the swing is drinking wine? :hilarious::hilarious:

But, despite the drug-fueled dream that is the Jamboree, I do like that the bears themselves are always walking freely around Frontierland

Thank you for this! I thought it was just us. We sat there staring at each wondering what was going on!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
But...the song lyrics? Something about beating little Rosco, and watching the blood run? And how the lady bear on the swing is drinking wine? :hilarious::hilarious:
"Mama, don't whup little Buford."
"There was blood on the saddle. And blood all around. And a great big PUD-DLE of blood on the ground."
Swinging Teddi Barra holds a cigarette holder stick. (Trixie holds the wine glass. ;))

I'm a little particular about my Country Bears. :joyfull:
You have to remember this attraction was designed in the late 60s when drinking, smoking and spanking weren't considered bad or inappropriate as they are now. The songs were designed to poke fun, not to be offensive. But I understand how they can be shocking for first time visitors today.

And wet jeans are THE WORST.

There's always next visit for the All-American Sundae.

KatieLVT

Original Poster
"Mama, don't whup little Buford."
"There was blood on the saddle. And blood all around. And a great big PUD-DLE of blood on the ground."
Swinging Teddi Barra holds a cigarette holder stick. (Trixie holds the wine glass. ;))

I'm a little particular about my Country Bears. :joyfull:
You have to remember this attraction was designed in the late 60s when drinking, smoking and spanking weren't considered bad or inappropriate as they are now. The songs were designed to poke fun, not to be offensive. But I understand how they can be shocking for first time visitors today.

And wet jeans are THE WORST.

There's always next visit for the All-American Sundae.
:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:
I knew I could count on you to get my Country Bear facts straight!! LOL!! Don't get me wrong, I did not find them offensive (it would take quite a bit to offend me), but I did find it hilarious and weird. I guess just because it's in "super clean" Disney World. Like I said, they should not change it. It's a legacy!
And yes, I must still try the All-American. Just another reason to go back!!

NessNewt

Once in the beginning (I can't remember exactly from what now), then at the bottom of the drop, and then by another boat coming down from the drop while we were waiting at the bottom.

Towards the beginning, when you pass the other boats going down the BIG hill, the "splash" can catch you. This happened to me last April. It felt like a bucket of water dumped over me! I was SO wet, people walking by me later stopped and asked me if it was from Splash Mountain. (And then they announced they would be skipping it, lol).

I was fine, but I also don't think I was wearing jeans and it was nice and warm/sunny out. Wet jeans are so uncomfortable!

Looks like a great MK day otherwise though!

krisri18

Towards the beginning, when you pass the other boats going down the BIG hill, the "splash" can catch you. This happened to me last April. It felt like a bucket of water dumped over me! I was SO wet, people walking by me later stopped and asked me if it was from Splash Mountain. (And then they announced they would be skipping it, lol).

I was fine, but I also don't think I was wearing jeans and it was nice and warm/sunny out. Wet jeans are so uncomfortable!

Looks like a great MK day otherwise though!
Yeah, we weren't wearing jeans. And you most definitely got drenched. Lol
IMG_20180425_114521468_HDR.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom