thanksgiving

tim green

I'm going to WDW for thanksgiving this year has anybody got any ideas whats best to do, and how busy are the parks on thanksgiving day.

WDW-Imagineer

I would imagine that WDW would be pretty busy on Thanksgiving Day... although I have never been to WDW on a holiday so I wouldn't know first-hand... I'm just using common sense.

Upvote 0

Lynn

We went to Disney at Thanksgiving and we are going again this year. The crowds are not that bad . The Xmas decorations are up too . Its a really nice time to go . Have fun , I know we will .

Upvote 0

Dizknee_Phreek

yes, Lynn's right! i've been about 3 times to WDW on Thanksgiving holiday and the crowds aren't nearly as bad as you'd think they'd be! especially Thanksgiving day! i reckon most everyone else is spending the holdiays with family members at their houses. as far as i can remember, i've been to WDW on two holidays; Easter, and, of course, Thanksgiving. Easter is definately the worst of the two! probably ten times worse than Thanksgiving!
and, as Lynn said, they already have their Christmas decorations up for Thanksgiving, including the Osbourne lights at MGM! Don't you dare miss the Osbourne lights!!! i will find where you live and personally strangle you if you don't see them!! lol, j/k! ;)
wishing you a safe and happy trip!!
~*Amy*~

Upvote 0

Chris

Thanksgiving is on Thursday, November 22 this year. It is a very big holiday in the USA.

We will be getting off of the Disney Wonder Thanksgiving morning and driving back to Orlando where we will be having a family Thanksgiving dinner at the California Grill on top of the Contemporary. The croud on Thanksgiving day is not bad but the crowd on Friday and Saturday following usually is.

It remains to be seen this year though.

Upvote 0

Beauty and the

Originally posted by Chris
Thanksgiving is on Thursday, November 22 this year. It is a very big holiday in the USA.

We will be getting off of the Disney Wonder Thanksgiving morning and driving back to Orlando where we will be having a family Thanksgiving dinner at the California Grill on top of the Contemporary. The croud on Thanksgiving day is not bad but the crowd on Friday and Saturday following usually is.

It remains to be seen this year though.

Sounds great almost as though you get another Christmas hope you have a good one:)

Upvote 0

Lindy

I'm glad to hear that others have been at Magic Kingdom and it is not as bad as feared.
We are having dinner at the Liberty tree on Thanksgiving and our kids are very excited!:sohappy:

Hope every one that is there has alot of fun!

It sounds like I may need to do some rearranging though to see the Osborne family lights.
Could someone give me a little more info on those?

Upvote 0

Chris

Originally posted by Lindy
It sounds like I may need to do some rearranging though to see the Osborne family lights.
Could someone give me a little more info on those?

You really need to try to go see them. Jennings Osborne used to do his light display here in my home town but the city shut him down because of traffic issues. Cars were lined up for miles and people would just stop in the road and get out to look. It really was an awful mess but it now gives me a great excuse to go to WDW to see them. They seem to add more to it every year. They have "snow" falliong on the New York Street and lights everywhere through the residential neighborhood. Last time we were there they handed out little glasses that added angels to your vision when looking at the lights. Some kind of trick using light and images on the glasses lenses. You really have to go see it. Plus the parks are wonderful all dressed up for Christmas. Nothing puts me in the Christmas spirit more that WDW at Christmas time. We even bring lights to put up in our resort room. They lights should be turned on and the decorations up Nov 23rd this year.

Upvote 0

Dizknee_Phreek

last time i saw the lights, the handed out glasses that made the glow of the lights look like snowflakes! who knows what they'll do this year with them! i wish i could find out myself!

do any of you remember the hours the lights are open for viewing? i don't know the exact times, but i do remember that it was really close to closing time by the time i had got to the end, and i think a few people were still at the beginning of them, and still moving through Residentail St. (that's the name of the street, right?) rather slowly.
so, if you have a park hopper pass, you would have plenty of time to eat Thanksgiving dinner at MK, then hop on over to MGM to see the lights. but, the lights aren't only shown for Thanksgiving nights...as far as i know, they're shown nightly. heck, i don't think those guys would work 3 months to put them up just to have them shown a few nights! :) i'm sure you can fit them in somehow!

btw, i'm not real sure of this either...anyone remember about how long it takes to go through the whole thing at a leisurely pace? (definately wanna go at a leisurely pace to catch everything! and even at that, you STILL may not see everything there is to see! it's very easy to miss something while you're walking down the street!!)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom