Thanksgiving or Christmas?

DiSnEyF@n

Hi everyone. I’m totally going through Disney withdraw!
I’m trying to figure out when would be best for my family to go to Disney.
First thing is first, I’m a teacher, so a lot of things have to be in order before I can even consider going.
If I have to quarantine upon coming home (NJ resident) AND we’re not still fully virtual, then I can’t go at all... but I’m still up for trying to plan something and not worry about the “ifs” right now.
This is probably the only year I’ll feel comfortable going and not feel like me or my family is missing out on family traditions bc theee wouldn’t be big family parties anyway....

ANYWAY, I’ll get to the point 😆

Here are the options for my family (me, dh, dd4 & dd6)

1. Go in November over Thanksgiving break.
Wednesday through Sunday. Fly down and spend 4 nights there. Hoping that we MIGHT be able to swim (not sure how the weather will be) (Possibly cheaper than going in December)
- I like that well able to swim (possibly)
- I feel like this trip will feel rushed which is fine but I want it to feel relaxing at the same time...

2. Go over Christmas break.
drive down (or fly if the price is right) And leave Christmas Day (after Christmas morning fun) and spend 5 nights. I don’t think we’ll be able to swim (won’t it be too cold?)
- I like that well be there for a longer period of time.
- this option will be more expensive I think... (but the price of driving vs flying might make it the same price).

Which would you choose and why?

slipperalwaysfits

It depends on what you want and how much you want to do. This year is definitely different, but I would still plan on as much crowd as they'll allow at Christmas and I wouldn't expect many, if any, things to be super short waits.

If you wanted a 5 day trip at Thanksgiving, just go and plan your must-dos and not try to do everything. Schedule in some relaxing time. Christmas wouldn't be rushed, but based on history, definitely more crowded.

Upvote 0

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
It depends on what you want and how much you want to do. This year is definitely different, but I would still plan on as much crowd as they'll allow at Christmas and I wouldn't expect many, if any, things to be super short waits.

If you wanted a 5 day trip at Thanksgiving, just go and plan your must-dos and not try to do everything. Schedule in some relaxing time. Christmas wouldn't be rushed, but based on history, definitely more crowded.

I appreciate this info. High crowds at Christmas does worry me...

Upvote 0

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Neither...to be honest. But thanksgiving is better.

Also use your school calendar to your advantage...as in go for a shorter trip toward New Years if you can fit it??

We were there...from the jerz...two years ago from 12/27-1/4 or so and it was far more tolerable than I remember years ago. Similar to how summers are more manageable...just too hot.

This year that may be an even better advantage with limited demand.

Upvote 0

JohnD

Neither...to be honest. But thanksgiving is better.

Also use your school calendar to your advantage...as in go for a shorter trip toward New Years if you can fit it??

We were there...from the jerz...two years ago from 12/27-1/4 or so and it was far more tolerable than I remember years ago. Similar to how summers are more manageable...just too hot.

This year that may be an even better advantage with limited demand.

This. Also you can still get "Christmas" when visiting at Thanksgiving.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Forget the crowd difference or the slight weather difference. I just enjoy being at WDW just prior to Christmas, even though you can get the same decorations and events in November. Being in the parks knowing Christmas is just a week or days away and taking in all that atmosphere sets me up for celebrating the season. Just isnt the same going in November and knowing you still have a month to wait for Christmas. I get the joy of present shopping for family at that time, then get home to give the presents under the tree.

Upvote 0

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
Forget the crowd difference or the slight weather difference. I just enjoy being at WDW just prior to Christmas, even though you can get the same decorations and events in November. Being in the parks knowing Christmas is just a week or days away and taking in all that atmosphere sets me up for celebrating the season. Just isnt the same going in November and knowing you still have a month to wait for Christmas. I get the joy of present shopping for family at that time, then get home to give the presents under the tree.
I like this idea, but we’ll be leaving on Christmas Day for sure... not before that, but I love your positivity 💕

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom