Thanksgiving Day - December 6, 2003

What a great time to visit the World! We had a great time, though the weekend was a bit chilly.

First let me say how great Fantasmic is! We absolutely loved this show. But someone in the theater one show before us didn't. We waited and waited to enter the theater, and people kept leaving. This was Dec 5, about 5:30 pm. Someone threw up in the 4th row back. They cleaned it up pretty well before letting our group in, but closed the show for a while after us so they could clean it up better. Bet the CMs working never expected to have to clean up puke in this show. YUCK!!!

We attended the Christmas Parties on Nov 30 and Dec 2. Both were really great, and were certainly far from sold out. We even walked right on Dumbo!! Parades were great as always, but I missed the gingerbread float not smelling like gingerbread. I had thought that was a great touch a couple of years ago.

Wishes is just outstanding. Watched it every possible time we could.

Yadda, yadda, you all know all the rides...

On to the good meals...

We planned all meals two months prior.
Nov 28 - Garden Grill - always a good meal.

Nov 29 - 1900 Park Fair breakfast. Got the recipe for strawberry soup. Excellent meal as always.
Les Chefs de France dinner. Very good meal. Kids were bored, so we didn't enjoy it like we could have.

Nov 30 - Liberty Tree Tavern. Yummy dinner.

Dec 1 - Chef Mickey breakfast. This was our first time eating here. We thoroughly enjoyed it. Got the recipe for veggie lasagna.
50's Prime Time dinner. My fried chicken was excellent as always. Kids loved the mac and cheese. Hubby had soup and salad and said it was really good. Of course, had the Dad's Sundae, which was great!

Dec 2 - Cinderella's Castle dinner. Very good meal. Enjoyed the surroundings. Berry/sorbet sundae was great.

Dec 3 - Ohana's. WOW! This was our first time at this restaurant. Those chicken wings were to die for, so I got the recipe!:animwink: We had a window seat and watched Wishes during the meal. The bar can whip up a mean drink as well!:slurp:

Dec 4 - Hoop Dee Doo. (See signature line...)

Dec 5 - Cape May breakfast. Good as always.
Boma dinner. Good as always. Previously my husband's favorite until we tried Ohana's.

Dec 6 - Le Cellier (my lunch). You guys were right about the cheddar soup (I say with recipe in hand). Beef tenderloins were great as well.
Biergarten (husband's lunch). Which he loved as always. I snuck in just in time to watch part of the Christmas show.

At the :xmas: Parade taping, my son caught the eye of a cameraman, and was filmed for several minutes as he waved to the characters going by. I'll let you know if he makes the cut...

We have decided that the Beach Club is not for us. We'll go back to Key West next year thank you. To get anywhere by bus, we had to share a bus with Boardwalk, Yacht/Beach, Swan and Dolphin resorts. Took too long to get anywhere, and too long to get home. Never again.

We plan to try out Whispering Canyon next year after talking to a fellow DVC member. Sounds fun.

That's all I can think of right now. I'll add more if I think of it.

PixyDust

Original Poster
Originally posted by Welsh Chick
I went to the xmas party on the 4th and the gingerbread float smelt like gingerbread.

I'm jealous! I was breathing in the air around the float so hard to smell the gingerbread, I'm sure the people around me were like, "what is SHE on?" But no smell.

wl2002girl

Did u really get the recipe for the chicken wings at Ohana??? Check wl2002's trip report - he loved them and I would love to be able to make them for him!!!!

PixyDust

Original Poster
'Ohana Coriander Wings

oh, ok, I'll go ahead and type it in. ENJOY!!

MIchael A. Thompson, Chef de Cuisine
Disney's Polynesian Resort

'Ohana Coriander Wings
5 lbs Chicken wings and drumettes
1/8 cup Wing seasoning
1/2 cup Coriander wing sauce

Preparation:
1. Put chicken, wing seasoning and oil in a bowl
2. Mix well
3. Lay on a cookie tray covered in foil
4. Cook at 500 F until the thickest part of the chicken reaches 165 F
5. While your chicken is cooking, heat up your sauce in a frying pan
6. When wings are properly cooked, toss them in the coriander wing sauce
7. Serve hot

Wing Seasoning
2 Tbsp Kosher salt
2 Tbsp Ground paprika
2 Tbsp Sugar
1/2 tsp Ground black pepper
1/2 tsp Turmeric
1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp Granulated garlic
1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper

Preparation:
1. Mix well and store in a cool, dark place

Coriander Wing Sauce
1 Tbsp Chili powder
1/2 tsp Ground ginger
1 Tbsp Lime juice (fresh squeezed)
1 Tbsp Ground coriander
1/2 cup Low sodium soy sauce
1 cup Honey
2 Tbsp Corn starch

Preparation:
1. Put all ingredients together in a non-reactive pot
2. Bring to a slow simmer
3. Simmer until it gets gooey
4. Put on your wings

**Our waiter also told us that we should marinate the wings in the seasoning for several hours to really get the flavor into the wings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom