Texts to International Guests?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I wish Disney would pony up whatever it costs to have International texting. Only U.S. cell numbers can receive Disney texts.

Resort hotels text your room number to you when your room is ready. Restaurants text when your table's ready. Surely it can't be all that expensive to expand their phone contract to include International Texting?

Given the numbers of Canadian, UK and Brazilian guests, it would be a great improvement to customer service.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
If I could like your post more than once I would.

I found this particularly annoying the evening I went to eat at Grand Floridian Cafe and was informed that they would need a US phone number to text that the table was ready because they didn't have a buzzer system. While I was getting snarky and telling him to find me a solution because I was surely not the only person with a non-US cell phone, my sister gave her phone number because she wanted to eat. Luckily, all other restaurants handed me a buzzer when I said that my cell phone number was international.

jaklgreen

If I could like your post more than once I would.

I found this particularly annoying the evening I went to eat at Grand Floridian Cafe and was informed that they would need a US phone number to text that the table was ready because they didn't have a buzzer system. While I was getting snarky and telling him to find me a solution because I was surely not the only person with a non-US cell phone, my sister gave her phone number because she wanted to eat. Luckily, all other restaurants handed me a buzzer when I said that my cell phone number was international.

We don't like the policy of giving restaurants you cell number anyway. We have a home phone and only give our cell number to friends and family. I do give mine to the Disney resorts because I go there so much. But my hubby refuses to give anyone he does not know his cell number.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I wish Disney would pony up whatever it costs to have International texting. Only U.S. cell numbers can receive Disney texts.

Resort hotels text your room number to you when your room is ready. Restaurants text when your table's ready. Surely it can't be all that expensive to expand their phone contract to include International Texting?

Given the numbers of Canadian, UK and Brazilian guests, it would be a great improvement to customer service.

You know, they're just picking on you because you're from up there. 😁

But we still love you. 🤗

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom