Testing at Lake Disney, Sept 24-28, 2018

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Original Poster
Looks like they are doing some show effect testing on Lake Disney this week. This is posted on a temporary fence.

ED070A79-2E99-4B8D-8E9F-1B3CA190C0BF.jpeg

Robert.W

Ah yes, read about this a bit earlier. I know there has been quite a few rumours circulating online for a while that there will be a new nighttime show on Lake Disney, supposedly debuting in 2019 – will be exciting to see what happens!

cjkeating

I thought this rumour had died off until this evening as most people thought the 'lake show' was for the WDSP expansion.

Interesting to see what testing people catch during the week.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Original Poster
I only saw lights last evening, and were checking out today so we likely won’t be able to see/hear any additional testing.

IMDREW

Anyone know what the deal is with this new nighttime entertainment? Are they seriously thinking about cutting the castle fireworks in favor of this?!

cjkeating

Anyone know what the deal is with this new nighttime entertainment? Are they seriously thinking about cutting the castle fireworks in favor of this?!

The rumour was in off-peak times. What exactly that means is unknown as most of the off-peak times are in the autumn/winter when the nights are shortest when it doesn't seem to make sense to kick everyone out of the park when it is already dark?

I could foresee them doing this show Monday-Thursday in the summer so they don't have to have the park open until 2300 in order to the fireworks.

To be honest I don't even bother to watch Illuminations anymore so I'd quite like something new and I don't think DLP are going to make a show from scratch that is worse that Illuminations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom