Test Track Rehab

superniftychick

Original Poster
This site has that test track will be closed in feburary. I just check disneyworld.com and it only shows that liberty square riverboat will be closed....:veryconfu is the imformation on this site confirmed or just a rumor? I did a search for this and i did no find anything on the first page of results i did not have the time to look through all 307 results.:wave:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Disneyworld.com is updated and kept up-to-date by antisocial goblins who like seeing people's vacation's ruined.

It is thus an ok source for general information, but not up to the minute news. That information is carried on other information systems used backstage and by other areas - which can be accessed by some folks on this site and others.

jedimaster1227

Yes, it is true that TT is going down for a short rehab. This is for the purpose of resurfacing the track, something that was supposed to be done two years ago according to my sources at Disney. Luckily, to relieve you and the rest of the crowds, you can ride Body Wars and see Cranium Command because Wonders of Life will be open during Test Track's rehab.

brertigger

Has anyone heard anything about Disney adding a canopy to the outside track portion of Test Track?
When I was last at Epcot, this is something that another family was discussing in line.(They said that a relative that works at MGM Studios had heard that Disney was going to install it so they would not have to shutdown the ride during thunderstorms).

mousermerf

Account Suspended
jedimaster1227 said:
Yes, it is true that TT is going down for a short rehab. This is for the purpose of resurfacing the track, something that was supposed to be done two years ago according to my sources at Disney. Luckily, to relieve you and the rest of the crowds, you can ride Body Wars and see Cranium Command because Wonders of Life will be open during Test Track's rehab.

It has closed to be resurfaced in the last year or two, it only takes 1 day to resurface.

wdwishes2005

jedimaster1227 said:

Yes! I have not been on BW or CC in years.... I will take lots of pics when I go down.

wdwishes2005

brertigger said:
Has anyone heard anything about Disney adding a canopy to the outside track portion of Test Track?
When I was last at Epcot, this is something that another family was discussing in line.(They said that a relative that works at MGM Studios had heard that Disney was going to install it so they would not have to shutdown the ride during thunderstorms).

That would ruin the whole purpose of the speed portion of track.

DizWhizKid

I don't think adding the canopy would change anything. It would still be an outdoor giant metal track, and there's no way Disney would run it if lightining was anywhere close. It would only help guests on the ride during light rain from being pelted.

As for the rehab, it's both to resurface the track and to repaint a lot of things. Hopefully by the time it's back up it will look good and spiffy new again for the next few years.

jedimaster, where are you getting your information about WOL being open during TT's rehab? I know it's going to be open for the last two weeks of the year during the peak season, but I highly doubt that they'll open it while TT is down, simply because it's going to be during one of the slowest seasons of the year, and they don't really need it (they didn't open it during Living Seas' rehab). The only thing that makes me think it would happen is that they're both part of FW East, and thus it would look bad to have two pavillions on the same side of the park closed.

Magicot

jedimaster1227 said:
Luckily, to relieve you and the rest of the crowds, you can ride Body Wars and see Cranium Command because Wonders of Life will be open during Test Track's rehab.

Are you serious!? I thought WoL was just open durung the Christmas season for the crowds. Jedimaster1227, where did you get this awesome info? So does that make WoL open from Christmas to Valentines day??? And beyond?

socalkdg

jedimaster1227 said:
Like many others before me, how positive are you on this info. I was disappointed that TT was going to be closed, but if WOL is open in Jan., I'll be extremely happy for my first chance(and most likely only) to see WOL.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
DizWhizKid said:
The only thing that makes me think it would happen is that they're both part of FW East, and thus it would look bad to have two pavillions on the same side of the park closed.

World of Motion, Horizons and Energy all just alternated who was "open" for a period (Horizons to SPACE, Motion to TT, Energy to new Energy). So having two closed over there doesn't bother them in the least.

PhotoDave219

mousermerf said:
Disneyworld.com is updated and kept up-to-date by antisocial goblins who like seeing people's vacation's ruined.

It is thus an ok source for general information, but not up to the minute news. That information is carried on other information systems used backstage and by other areas - which can be accessed by some folks on this site and others.

Ill take the antisocial goblins over people who are consistantly rude to new people on these forums, giving us a bad name. :fork:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
PhotoDave219 said:
Ill take the antisocial goblins over people who are consistantly rude to new people on these forums, giving us a bad name. :fork:

As opposed to someone who picks fights for no apparent reason?

If someone wants to tell me what i did in this thread to get attacked, i'd love to know. I just spent 10mins re-reading everything I posted and nothing was even remotely rude.

Bad name? I assure you that you've done far more yourself for that cause than I ever could.

RIPHorizons

I dont think he was calling you out.
I see it using your quote to show what generally happens on this board.
If however he was calling you out, then im lost too. I didnt see anything that was wrong posted by you or anyone else.

As for the Belle...

The hompage here shows it down from Sep 11,2005 to Apr 1,2006.

BeachClubVillas

RIPHorizons said:
if there truly is all the troubles that people have been saying, yes i would say that it could be down for a very long time.

What exactly are they doing to the Belle? I've mostly been ignoring the reports about it :eek: but now that they're having problems I'm interested. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom