Test Track for recent car crash victims?

Mchant

I'm going to be visiting Epcot with a few boys (ages 10 & 14) who were in a pretty bad car accident a few months ago. (They've recovered.) I've never been on Test Track and was wondering if it would be too reminiscent of the accident. This site's description of the Barrier Test has me worried.

DigitalDisney

I don't think it will be that bad as long as your own accident wasn't that traumatic for your kids

Right before you go for the barrier test, there are a couple places where you see crashed cars. First, you see one that is wrecked with a test dummy lying next to it. Next, if the effect is working, you see a car crash into a barrier.

If you want, check out the video on my site, www.digital-disney.com. I've got the whole experience (exterior, line queue, preshow video, whole ride, postshow) on the video. It will ruin the surprises for you, but it might save you a bunch of trouble with your kids. And if you all go on it, your kids will still be thrilled.

Upvote 0

Maria

If after seeing Digital Disney´s video of the ride, you think it is too hard for them, you can maybe skip a little bit of it by skipping the queue area... get on the "singles line" or ask a cm.... ;)
In that case, you still see that car crash to a barrier...

Upvote 0

tinkrbel

ask the kids themselves. talk to them about what kind of fears or how they feel. It could help them to see how they are trying to improve things so that there are less injuries. find out from them if they feel they are able to handle it.

Upvote 0

Lome

I think the best advice is to ask the kids themelves... here's my experience. My family and I were also on a crash accident (really bad one... 8 years ago)...
I like a lot the ride but my mother hated it (in part because it remained the accident we had before... and also because she hates trill rides!)... so, I think it's up to them... the accident we had was very traumatic for me, but it didn't affect my Text Track experience... I like the ride a lot.

Upvote 0

Hurricane

Originally posted by Maria
If after seeing Digital Disney´s video of the ride, you think it is too hard for them, you can maybe skip a little bit of it by skipping the queue area... get on the "singles line" or ask a cm.... ;)
In that case, you still see that car crash to a barrier...

I don't think kids that are possibly going to be traumatized need to ride it alone with a carload full of strangers, if anything I would go in the regular line and if seeing the dummies get beat up and the crashed car evokes memories then theres time to get off the ride before it scares them even more, nothing worse than being stuck on a ride that is terrifying....alone

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

I don't think the ride will be too bad for them. They might be more scared of the speed than anything else. Judge for yourself though. Check the video or ride it first and then decided whether they should go.

Upvote 0

Maria

Originally posted by Hurricane

nothing worse than being stuck on a ride that is terrifying....alone

I don´t think Test Track is terrifying by itself... it´s just a fast ride. The theming may be a little bit crude when it comes to the crash dummies, but the rest is kinda fun.

Upvote 0

TTA Traveler

i was on tt in december, maybe it was just when i went on but the car crash that u see before the barrier test wasnt working, u just see the car shake a bit & u hear the sound of it crash, perhaps it was just down then...

Upvote 0

Tenn Disney Dad

I read the replies to your post with interest and was glad your visit turned out well. Most of the time, it's better to get back in the saddle quickly rather than all the psychological mumbo-jumbo. Just do it. You did...it was fine.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom