News Test Track Closing for Refurbishment January 2020

Incomudro

No, it isn’t.

What is a recurring theme is that Disney shouldn’t just install cheap, content-less garbage with a thin veneer of IP slathered on top and use “kids will like it!” as a response to criticisms.

Kids aren’t as undiscerning as Disney and a lot of it’s defenders like to pretend. As a kid, I liked the playground at the local McDonalds. I also liked Pirates of the Caribbean. I liked one a lot more, however, and I knew it was a higher quality experience.

Yes it is.
The majority of the posters on this forum post from the perspective of the old man yelling at cloud angle that they now have.
There are very few regulars on here who post from the perspective of experiencing these attractions with children.

Last edited:

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Why should it be an option to skip part of a queue and cut in line? That doesn’t make sense at all. The design studio does not delay you getting on the attraction. It gives you something to do while you are waiting in line.

Should guests in line for Flight of Passage have the option to skip the lab just because they don’t like that part of the queue? Because that’s exactly what you’re suggesting for test track.

Except there's nothing interactive in the lab and nothing in the lab affects your ride experience (as minor as it may be on Test Track)

That's why I said, an option would be to have the design center separate from the queue entirely.

Last edited:

peter11435

Except there's nothing interactive in the lab and nothing in the lab affects your ride experience (as minor as it may be on Test Track)

That's why I said, an option would be to have the design center separate from the queue entirely.
I just don’t understand your argument. What would be the point of making it seperate from the queue?

You aren’t forced to interact with the design studio. You don’t have to participate and it won’t have any effect on your ride experience either way. The option is already there to participate or ignore it if you wish. Either way you are waiting in line.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Right and that should be an option....OR just have a separate design area before you get into the queue for the ride if that's an issue.

I realize GM probably doesn't want that option as their big selling point is to have people "invested" in their designs....even though it doesn't really relate much to the real world Chevrolet vehicles, but oh well
Yeah, but wouldn't it be really cool if, for an additional $50,000 or so, GM would actually build the car you designed? Imagine the possibilities!

trainplane3

Yeah, but wouldn't it be really cool if, for an additional $50,000 or so, GM would actually build the car you designed? Imagine the possibilities!
Imagine seeing something like this on the road and the chaos it would cause with its three lane wide width...
IMG_20191004_151417.jpg

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yes it is.
The majority of the posters on this forum post from the perspective of the old man yelling at cloud angle that they now have.
There are very few regulars on here who post from the perspective of experiencing these attractions with children.
The majority of children are less discerning with details. As they grow older, some may realise why certain design choices were made.

ThatMouse

I wonder if they will upgrade the PC running the car racing game at the end. It stutters so bad, all it needs is like a new $200 video card.

ninjaprincesst

It seems to me Disney takes too many projects on at once, they need to finish one thing before moving on to the next. In it's current state Epcot is just one giant construction wall.

Goofyernmost

It seems to me Disney takes too many projects on at once, they need to finish one thing before moving on to the next. In it's current state Epcot is just one giant construction wall.
Isn't that what they are doing? Waiting until one is done before they close another? The construction walls came from a decade of inactivity and stagnation. Someone walked into the Board Room and woke them up and pointed out the folly of doing nothing. Now they are playing catch up to their own requirements. After all this is done they will probably slip back into the coma they were in all the last decade.

AndrewJordan

It's probably been discussed many times, but as a new fan to the forum - can someone tell me why they 'redid' Test Track last decade and make the ride worst.

When it first came out it was rather good. But now, it's 'meh' up until the fast accelaration end part.

esskay

It's probably been discussed many times, but as a new fan to the forum - can someone tell me why they 'redid' Test Track last decade and make the ride worst.

When it first came out it was rather good. But now, it's 'meh' up until the fast accelaration end part.
It needed something (anything) doing to it as it'd got to the point where that retro mid 90s look was starting to look awful.

Not a massive fan of 2.0 but at least it stuck around and didn't get converted to a Cars IP ride.

esskay

They can't really win can they.

- Spends a decade making no major updates to the parks... "All disney parks are so dated, they need a major update"

- Spends hundreds of millions upgrading all the parks... "All disney parks are construction zones! They need to stop building so much"

Little Green Men

I think they made the ride a lot better. It fits into Epcot much better, the pavilion is more cohesive, the dark portions of the ride hide the building better so you don't see all the infrastructure.

THE Monorail Lime

IP MUST HATE!!!! IP AHHHHH! ITS HORRIBLE! Imagineering story was right... you people are hard to please, they give you a non-IP attraction you hate it, they give you an IP attraction... you hate it. Test track 2.0 SCREAMS Epcot center, they keep it updated unlike old test track (pre-show video was updated to show new GM cars). It’s clean and modern. Epcot was the ugly and abused park, now they are refreshing it, you hate that too? You people make no sense

Incomudro

What do you mean by worse?
The ride itself is the same, everything the car does is exactly the same.
The only difference is the overlay.
New car design and testing vs one of exclusively safety and crash testing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom