News Test Track Closing for Refurbishment January 2020

Joesixtoe

I don’t know if I’m in the minority but I hate the actual aspect of designing the cars. It’s cool the first few times but after a while it just takes so long. Most of the time I’m finished but still have to stand there waiting for the timer to end. Would rather have it so once I’m finished I can continue in line.
I like designing the cars to see if I can get the highest point total for the day. Problem is, you already see your point total when your design is complete. I wish they would use your category scores more as percentages of the chance of having a higher or lower score in said category. Also when your done, go stand at the door, instead of at the designer screen.

No Name

The current version just doesn’t hit the story beats right. In particular, removing the build up to the climactic “surprise test” really makes the ride a shell of its former self. It’s neat aesthetically but they shouldn’t have tossed aside the old storyline.

In the potential 2027 update I hope Bill McKim and the girl return as force ghosts! 😀

wdwjmp239

That shouldn’t take long...... right?
You've never done software design and testing. It's not a quick install of an .exe or an .msi file to update the ride software. There's updating, testing, tweaking, updating, tweaking, updating until the software works in its defined normal parameters. Sometimes these updates go off without a hitch....other times, you have to push back implementation schedules to make sure it works. ;)

wdwjmp239

I like designing the cars to see if I can get the highest point total for the day. Problem is, you already see your point total when your design is complete. I wish they would use your category scores more as percentages of the chance of having a higher or lower score in said category. Also when your done, go stand at the door, instead of at the designer screen.
When I was at Test Track during Marathon Weekend, I was one point off from Top Design Of The Day. I was like so close, but so far away! LOL!

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I really enjoy designing the cars but I know others don't. It should be made optional IMO, and done at your own pace before you join the rest of the queue (or you can do it the "secret" way if you plan to use the FP or Single Rider line)

peter11435

I really enjoy designing the cars but I know others don't. It should be made optional IMO, and done at your own pace before you join the rest of the queue (or you can do it the "secret" way if you plan to use the FP or Single Rider line)
It basically is optional. You don’t have to design a car. You are welcome to just stand there. The car design process doesn’t delay you getting on the ride. It gives you something to do during time you would otherwise be waiting in line anyway .

HauntedMansionFLA

While I like TT (not to the point where it's a must-ride), I've long believed this ride has an not-too-distant expiration date. 2027 seems like a good bet. Once the major work on Epcot Worlds is done I believe they will gut this attraction and turn it into something completely different - IP-based for sure.
Why? RSR is a far superior version of this ride system. Not a good spot for the land, sure, but it would be worlds better than TT.
Star Wars Pod Racing ;)

ChrisFL

Premium Member
It basically is optional. You don’t have to design a car. You are welcome to just stand there. The car design process doesn’t delay you getting on the ride. It gives you something to do during time you would otherwise be waiting in line anyway .

Well you're stuck in the room for an extra 7-8 minutes and then all of those people might be in front of you on the next line...instead you could skip all of that if you decided to just bypass that entirely.

gerarar

Premium Member
I thought the design thing was pretty cool imo. During this past Xmas trip, I did single rider on TT, so I got placed with a large family in the car. Through each of the tests, they were laughing and teasing each other over whose car was better as it showed the results on the monitor. In the final test, mine came up 1st and they were like WHO WAS THAT?! Me, embarrassed, spoke up and they were like haha nice job, and all the kids gave me some sweet high fives. It was a very memorable moment and a neat thing to occur to me, that I still think about quite often.

Then again, this was my first time riding TT ever since it got refurbished from its original 1.0 incarnation. I remember all the cool different (practical) tests in the original, but I also like this new one. It’s a nice enjoyable ride in the end regardless, imo of course.

Movielover

And it's a lot of fun if you've got kids.

Don't you know? The enjoyment of children is irrelevant to the feelings and nostalgia of a group of adults. Thats why the Speedway must be ripped out, characters must be eliminated, and fun interactive attractions must be frowned upon like the plague. ;)

peter11435

Well you're stuck in the room for an extra 7-8 minutes and then all of those people might be in front of you on the next line...instead you could skip all of that if you decided to just bypass that entirely.

The amount of time you are “stuck” In the room varies depending on how backed up the line ahead of you is. If the design rooms did not exist you would otherwise be “stuck” in line. If they allowed you to skip the design studios entirely it would essentially be allowing you to cut part of the line. Cutting not only those in your design room but also the second room as well.

Incomudro

Don't you know? The enjoyment of children is irrelevant to the feelings and nostalgia of a group of adults. Thats why the Speedway must be ripped out, characters must be eliminated, and fun interactive attractions must be frowned upon like the plague. ;)

This is a recurring theme on these pages, isn't it?

Casper Gutman

This is a recurring theme on these pages, isn't it?
No, it isn’t.

What is a recurring theme is that Disney shouldn’t just install cheap, content-less garbage with a thin veneer of IP slathered on top and use “kids will like it!” as a response to criticisms.

Kids aren’t as undiscerning as Disney and a lot of it’s defenders like to pretend. As a kid, I liked the playground at the local McDonalds. I also liked Pirates of the Caribbean. I liked one a lot more, however, and I knew it was a higher quality experience.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
The amount of time you are “stuck” In the room varies depending on how backed up the line ahead of you is. If the design rooms did not exist you would otherwise be “stuck” in line. If they allowed you to skip the design studios entirely it would essentially be allowing you to cut part of the line. Cutting not only those in your design room but also the second room as well.

Right and that should be an option....OR just have a separate design area before you get into the queue for the ride if that's an issue.

I realize GM probably doesn't want that option as their big selling point is to have people "invested" in their designs....even though it doesn't really relate much to the real world Chevrolet vehicles, but oh well

peter11435

Right and that should be an option....OR just have a separate design area before you get into the queue for the ride if that's an issue.

I realize GM probably doesn't want that option as their big selling point is to have people "invested" in their designs....even though it doesn't really relate much to the real world Chevrolet vehicles, but oh well
Why should it be an option to skip part of a queue and cut in line? That doesn’t make sense at all. The design studio does not delay you getting on the attraction. It gives you something to do while you are waiting in line.

Should guests in line for Flight of Passage have the option to skip the lab just because they don’t like that part of the queue? Because that’s exactly what you’re suggesting for test track.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom