News Test Track Closing for Refurbishment January 2020

Cmdr_Crimson

Two things I wish they would do:

- Add more to the “hot/cold/corrosion” rooms. That part of the ride is so empty, it’s truly sad.

- Enclose the entire power run and put lots of cool effects and projections in.

EDIT:

- Yes. I really wish we could just get World Of Motion back but we know that won’t happen.

Just Bring back John Michael Higgins.....This worked well with me..
Common-Bonds-Quiz-Two-022.jpg

No Name

Wasn’t it just updated/reimagined about 6 yrs ago? There are plenty more rides that are outdated. It is difficult to shut it down and reimagine it again with nothing else to draw attention to the park. I would think once the new rides are in at Epcot they will revisit TT.

They will revisit it in 2027 when GM’s contract is up again.

montyz81

Two things I wish they would do:

- Add more to the “hot/cold/corrosion” rooms. That part of the ride is so empty, it’s truly sad.

- Enclose the entire power run and put lots of cool effects and projections in.

EDIT:

- Yes. I really wish we could just get World Of Motion back but we know that won’t happen.
I always said combining WoM and TT2.0 would be one of the top ten most popular rides in all of WDW. Now with the technology just introduced into Rise of the Resistance, just imagine what that ride could be.

WDWTank

Does anyone else see the irony in a car-themed ride, sponsored by GM that seems to break down a lot? I actually like the ride quite a bit. The cars are well themed, the design process is fun (I miss that part when I do single rider), and it fits the niche of a rare fast/thrill ride at Disney. There are lots of over-the-top themed rides that move low and slow. Hope the upcoming refurb helps with reliability.
LOL

trainplane3

Does anyone else see the irony in a car-themed ride, sponsored by GM that seems to break down a lot? I actually like the ride quite a bit. The cars are well themed, the design process is fun (I miss that part when I do single rider), and it fits the niche of a rare fast/thrill ride at Disney. There are lots of over-the-top themed rides that move low and slow. Hope the upcoming refurb helps with reliability.
It accurately represents its manufacturer. They should've added a ignition switch failure event too. You'll never know when your car will turn off!

It's a joke. Please don't hurt me. I owned a Cobalt and HHR, both major targets of the switch failures.

Touchdown

I’ve owned a GM cars for the last decade, they’ve been very reliable, the 14 Acadia I just traded in went 115k miles without a major issue.

Kamikaze

I always said combining WoM and TT2.0 would be one of the top ten most popular rides in all of WDW. Now with the technology just introduced into Rise of the Resistance, just imagine what that ride could be.

What exactly do you think they are going to add from WoM or Rise that moves TT from a not-even-good attraction to top 10?

Jon81uk

Why? RSR is a far superior version of this ride system. Not a good spot for the land, sure, but it would be worlds better than TT.

The original Test Track was fun and educational, perfectly fitting for Epcot.
Current test-track isn't really educational (it doesn't do a good job of explaining anything) and isn't all that fun.
Radiator Springs Racers is a fun character-based ride, it doesn't fit with Future World as has nothing to do with science or technology.

Kamikaze

The original Test Track was fun and educational, perfectly fitting for Epcot.
Current test-track isn't really educational (it doesn't do a good job of explaining anything) and isn't all that fun.
Radiator Springs Racers is a fun character-based ride, it doesn't fit with Future World as has nothing to do with science or technology.

The original TT sucked, just as the current one does. It wasn't educational in any meaningful way. "Heres how ABS works" - "Heres how we test suspensions" - "Heres how we test for acid rain". Its not teaching, its show and tell.
Test Track's 'thing' is that it goes 64mph. Thats not even fast - both for a ride and for real life. Not fun. Boring. To be clear - you can have a fun attraction at a lot less than 64mph. Space and Thunder, for instance. But you're in a car. 64 in a car isn't fun. Its commuting.

Yes, I agree that RSR//Carsland doesn't fit the FW theme. Which is why I said it isn't a good spot. But that doesn't negate the fact that RSR is a vastly superior attraction to both versions of Test Track. And its also not going to be Future World for much longer. RSR doesn't fit into any of the new 'Worlds' either, but hanging onto the idea of FW isn't going to help anyone in the long term.

Anyway - my point was that if you're simply replacing an attraction with another, TT to RSR is a clear upgrade. It shouldn't cause nausea because you're improving the ride quality by every measure. Cohesiveness of the theming of the area is a separate issue.

Last edited:

Jon81uk

The original TT sucked, just as the current one does. It wasn't educational in any meaningful way. "Heres how ABS works" - "Heres how we test suspensions" - "Heres how we test for acid rain". Its not teaching, its show and tell.
Test Track's 'thing' is that it goes 64mph. Thats not even fast - both for a ride and for real life. Not fun. Boring. To be clear - you can have a fun attraction at a lot less than 64mph. Space and Thunder, for instance. But you're in a car. 64 in a car isn't fun. Its commuting.

Yes, I agree that RSR//Carsland doesn't fit the FW theme. Which is why I said it isn't a good spot. But that doesn't negate the fact that RSR is a vastly superior attraction to both versions of Test Track. And its also not going to be Future World for much longer. RSR doesn't fit into any of the new 'Worlds' either, but hanging onto the idea of FW isn't going to help anyone in the long term.

Anyway - my point was that if you're simply replacing an attraction with another, TT to RSR is a clear upgrade. It shouldn't cause nausea because you're improving the ride quality by every measure. Cohesiveness of the theming of the area is a separate issue.

I didn't know what ABS did, Test Track showed me about them and therefore I left educated. It might have used a show and tell method but it was educational. The speed is irrelevant.
Adding a whole load of rockwork and building RSR in Future World would make a much better ride, but that's the reason its better as it has a better background instead of just circling the building. If you are demolishing and rebuilding there are loads of other things that could be done.
Its the stuff before the outside parts that made original TT better than current test-track.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom