News Test Track Closing for Refurbishment January 2020

Moka

Even with a Fastpass, you wait forever for it because of the dumb design room being a huge bottleneck.
Yeah, last time I had a fastpass for it they told us it was going to be a 40 minute wait. To make things worse, broke down right before the design room.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Single rider line, my dude...Its one of the easiest/fastest single rider lines I use. Daughters and I did it five times with a maximum wait of under 5 minutes for each ride.
For quick multiple rides, TT has probably the best single-rider line on property. You can skip the design phase and usually walk right on with minimal wait.

That would be great if I didnt mind potentially being split up from my party. Rides are not exactly the same experience without your group with you.

danheaton

I did notice a few things that weren't working when i was there in September, including all the temperature effects. So hopefully this helps to keep it up to decent standards. It also makes sense to do it while Spaceship Earth is still open (at least based on what we know now).

peter11435

I did notice a few things that weren't working when i was there in September, including all the temperature effects. So hopefully this helps to keep it up to decent standards. It also makes sense to do it while Spaceship Earth is still open (at least based on what we know now).
Temperature effects?

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
TT is great, as is the soundtrack. I just wish they'd upgrade a lot of the effects though, and maybe switch out the queue vehicles every once in awhile.

I have a very selfish question but maybe you guys can help me...
I have planned to go to Epcot on Feb 26th; I don’t care about Test track since I am afraid of speed and will be there with my kids who aren’t tall or brave enough to ride anyways...
Do you think it means epcot will see lower crowds on that specific day? Fingers crossed 🤞🏻

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I have a very selfish question but maybe you guys can help me...
I have planned to go to Epcot on Feb 26th; I don’t care about Test track since I am afraid of speed and will be there with my kids who aren’t tall or brave enough to ride anyways...
Do you think it means epcot will see lower crowds on that specific day? Fingers crossed 🤞🏻
A lot of people don't monitor refurbs, and I doubt it will make a noticeable difference.

Brooklin Disney Dad

Worst attraction? Far from it. If it's the worst attraction you want to talk about, that's Journey Into Imagination With Figment.
How many DW rides involve plywood cut outs? Quite a few. It’s the speed thrill. And as a first time ride, it is pretty neat to design your car. Even the old effects were good. As a multiple rider, yes it has lost its cache, but so have many other rides really. But we still ride it and relive the experience with our kids.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Maybe you can actually see your car’s performance more than half the time after this. It’s like, why’d I waste so much time designing a car??
Yup! This. Test Track 2.0 would be much MUCH better if the car we designed actually served a purpose in the overall attraction narrative. Imagineering is close to making this work. Aesthetic is good but the narrative needs a "tune-up".

Last edited:

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Two things I wish they would do:

- Add more to the “hot/cold/corrosion” rooms. That part of the ride is so empty, it’s truly sad.

- Enclose the entire power run and put lots of cool effects and projections in.

EDIT:

- Yes. I really wish we could just get World Of Motion back but we know that won’t happen.

DISR

Does anyone else see the irony in a car-themed ride, sponsored by GM that seems to break down a lot? I actually like the ride quite a bit. The cars are well themed, the design process is fun (I miss that part when I do single rider), and it fits the niche of a rare fast/thrill ride at Disney. There are lots of over-the-top themed rides that move low and slow. Hope the upcoming refurb helps with reliability.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom