News Test Track Closing for Refurbishment January 2020

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Ah bummer, I always know there is a risk going in January/February for refurbs but looks like we will have to miss this one this go around. Thanks for the heads up though!

I wonder if this will push back the SSE refurb. To have two headliners down at the same time in a park that doesn’t have a ton going on would be tough

Last edited:

Jwhee

Good. Needs major help.

honestly, test track is one of the worst attractions in all of Walt Disney World. It is simply plywood cut outs painted black with neon paint outlining the set pieces. Terrible projections on flat walls, overall very poor quality dark ride. I don’t understand why it gets any praise, besides the fact that it goes fast.

Cmdr_Crimson

Figures it's happening while I'm there:confused:...You also have to wonder how much longer the sponsership will be with GM and Disney before they IP it down the road...

Still would be surprised if it goes to a Cars themed and migrate the Lightning Mcqueen AA from DHS to Epcot and retheme it to the Rust Eze Racing Academy..
cars3-rustezeracingcenter-sterling.jpg

SIDE QUESTION is that show still getting the guests they were expecting or has it died down since GE opened?

Last edited:

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Haven't been able to ride on our last two visits, it was down. Seems to happen quite often.
Test Track needs to be fixed and updated.

Nottamus

In don’t know....I always think it’s good news when an attraction closes for a few weeks to refurb. Means something will be new..whether it’s just cleaning, or new screens etc.

Not too good if it’s your weeks to go...

bubbles1812

Good. Needs major help.

honestly, test track is one of the worst attractions in all of Walt Disney World. It is simply plywood cut outs painted black with neon paint outlining the set pieces. Terrible projections on flat walls, overall very poor quality dark ride. I don’t understand why it gets any praise, besides the fact that it goes fast.
Really? One of the worst? I think you need a few more rides on Stitch.... In a park that lacks attractions, it’s one of the better ones IMO, but I agree it could use a few touch ups to the paint and some dusting.

Honestly, I don’t mind the projections that much, I like the various tests, and yes, it’s fun to go fast. I also enjoy making terrible cars and seeing how they measure up. I’m all about the Power at the expense of everything else, haha.

(Now if you want to get into a discussion about rides I don’t understand the popularity of... I could talk to you all day about Soarin’. To each their own! :);))

Last edited:

FigmentJedi

Good. Needs major help.

I really like the Tron aesthetic over the original, but now that they're building an actual Tron ride over at Magic Kingdom, it's gonna look awkward in comparison.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom