Rumor Tesla In Talks With Disney to Sponsor TL Speedway

the.dreamfinder

Original Poster
Unsure of the reputation of the site this is coming from, so take it with a grain of salt.

RUMOR: Tesla Sponsorship For Tomorrowland Speedway Imminent
1 min

Tesla and The Walt Disney Company are in close negotiations in creating a sponsorship opportunity that would see The Tomorrowland Speedway getting some much needed T.L.C.
Our sources inside the company are giving us whispers of Elon Musk meeting with top execs on how Tesla would truly put visitors behind the wheel of all electric vehicles. Tesla would sponsor the speedway and surrounding stadium and give guests the true vision of “driving in the future”.
The gasoline powered go-karts would be replaced with all electric versions with child friendly driving opportunities still available. We’re hearing that the vehicles are going to have a Tesla emblem on the front of each vehicle. It’s no secret that Disney continues to invest in renewable resources, they recently finished a large solar farm back in April 2019.
The new solar facility features over half a million solar panels, spans 270 acres and is capable of reaching 50 megawatts of power. The facility generates enough renewable clean energy to power two of Walt Disney World's four theme parks annually. The facility is on 270 sprawling acres that’s roughly the same size as two Magic Kingdoms put together.More on this story as it develops!

Also want to point out that Hong Kong Disneyland’s Autopia had electric cars.

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
Unsure of the reputation of the site this is coming from, so take it with a grain of salt.

Already posted :)

And I had the same concern as I’ve never heard of the site.

trainplane3

DisneyGentlemanV2.0

Tesla Model S - electric car catches fire after crashing into motorway barrier | Cars | Life ...

It will add plenty of excitement to the ride.

rle4lunch

Hmmm I wonder what GM would think about this as they already sponsor a top WDW attraction and provide fleet services for WDW.

Or board member Mary Barra of General Motors.

Keep in mind Honda sponsors Disneyland’s Autopia and MiceChat once reported Chevy was looking to sponsor RSR, concurrent with the Honda deal.

Honda's doing a lot with hydrogen and electric vehicles as well. It'd probably be cheaper to stick with that sponsor if Honda wanted to cover the capital to update them. Plus Honda is a more internationally known company.

TOCPE82

Already posted :)

And I had the same concern as I’ve never heard of the site.

This seems worthy of a new thread doesn't it, I mean even though the source is suspect. I'll admit I'm not a RuleXpert around these parts, haha.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Meh... don’t see Tesla spending the kind of sponsor money Disney demands. Plus... it doesn’t have to.

Someone who needs to build their public perception would be more likely candidates.

No Name

They wouldn’t even entertain this if they want to keep their deal with GM. Considering GM has been a sponsor for about 37 years and renewed twice with significant investments even amidst their bankruptcy, and is a sponsor in Shanghai too, I wouldn’t risk that for almost anything. I personally like Tesla but it’s not worth it.

ABQ

It would be crazy to see, or more, to hear. By hear, I mean, hear nothing, if all the cars on the speedway were electric vs all the clamor of the current engines.

DCLcruiser

It would be crazy to see, or more, to hear. By hear, I mean, hear nothing, if all the cars on the speedway were electric vs all the clamor of the current engines.
Electric cars can make noise, depending on how wound-up they are. Formula E cars are futuristically noisy, the Model 3 is quiet but inside you can hear something faintly. Or they can pipe in music or sounds for the wind, or some Tron-like sounds (not to represent exhaust noise of course).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom