Terralina Crafted Italian - Portobello at Disney Springs closing soon for major refurbishment

WDW1974

This is good news. The building is in ok shape but the food and service was horrible for the price the last time I went. Hopefully this refurbishment will address those issues while also plussing the theming.

Really?

I have found this place to be a gem of WDW dining for the last decade (when I finally discovered it hiding in plain sight). I really hope they won't destroy it. Just had an amazing lunch there last month. Food quality, service and value considerably higher than the typical WDW location (leaving out the signatures). ... From what I can tell, Paddlefish -- which I enjoyed as Fulton's -- was blanded down, given the now all-important upstairs, outdoor bar deal and raised prices closer to WDW levels. I really don't want to see that at Portobello. Can you imagine a place that serves quality Italian food at Disney with all lunch entrees in the teens (or less) and offers 20% DVC discounts and a loyalty card program? I don't want to lose that ...I'm not eating $30 pasta because it's at WDW. No way. Not happening. Still have a functioning brain!

articos

Really?

I have found this place to be a gem of WDW dining for the last decade (when I finally discovered it hiding in plain sight). I really hope they won't destroy it. Just had an amazing lunch there last month. Food quality, service and value considerably higher than the typical WDW location (leaving out the signatures). ... From what I can tell, Paddlefish -- which I enjoyed as Fulton's -- was blanded down, given the now all-important upstairs, outdoor bar deal and raised prices closer to WDW levels. I really don't want to see that at Portobello. Can you imagine a place that serves quality Italian food at Disney with all lunch entrees in the teens (or less) and offers 20% DVC discounts and a loyalty card program? I don't want to lose that ...I'm not eating $30 pasta because it's at WDW. No way. Not happening. Still have a functioning brain!
Not sure who decided outdoor rooftops was the new trend when it's 90+ 9 months of the year with mosquitos and daily storms. California, yes. Florida, maybe not.

WDW1974

Not sure who decided outdoor rooftops was the new trend when it's 90+ 9 months of the year with mosquitos and daily storms. California, yes. Florida, maybe not.

Likely Californians. I saw that first trend with firepits. Those are great when sipping chardonnay or a nice latte on a bluff over the Pacific ... or just a nice Starbucks in Artesia. But Central Florida is not that place.

Same thing I worry about with the new Geyser Point QSR at what once was the WL, but now is a total trainwreck. You put a food and beverage location on a lake in the swamps and make it open air? How do these decisions get made?

mm121

Likely Californians. I saw that first trend with firepits. Those are great when sipping chardonnay or a nice latte on a bluff over the Pacific ... or just a nice Starbucks in Artesia. But Central Florida is not that place.

Same thing I worry about with the new Geyser Point QSR at what once was the WL, but now is a total trainwreck. You put a food and beverage location on a lake in the swamps and make it open air? How do these decisions get made?

Agreed, Disney better hope Zika doesn't ever come to Central Florida, that would be a PR disaster.

mm121

Really?

Bad news its owned by the people that redid Fulton's into bland paddlefish

So looks like 30 dollar pasta is right around the corner, with nothing included all sides extra.

Portobello is owned and operated by Levy Restaurants, who have recently opened the nearby Paddlefish in The Landing.

WDW1974

Bad news its owned by the people that redid Fulton's into bland paddlefish

So looks like 30 dollar pasta is right around the corner, with nothing included all sides extra.

Portobello is owned and operated by Levy Restaurants, who have recently opened the nearby Paddlefish in The Landing.

Yup. I know that. They also own the Wolfgang Puck operation at DS as well.

Capsin4

Ate there once in 2011 and were pleasantly surprised. Had a very good meal. We didn't go to DTD on may trips, but were looking forward to trying it again.

JEANYLASER

Great news and the concept art of the new restaurant is awesome! What is going to be name of that new Restaurant at Disney Springs. :cool:

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Friday, April 28. Tables, chairs, and most fixtures have been removed from both inside and outside.

IMG_9521.JPG

IMG_9522.JPG

IMG_9523.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom