Teppan Edo vs. typical hibachi joint

Mickey_777

Original Poster
We're thinking about reserving a spot at Teppan Edo and we're wondering how you all (who have eaten there) would compare it to a typical hibachi restaurant in your hometown. Better? The same? I notice the menu doesn't include fried rice like the local places around here do. Is that due to it not being authentic to Japan? Thanks.

Zman-ks

I really like Teppan Edo...always a must do for me.

75.gif

WWWD

Good food, but very expensive. Not much different from what you would get from your local hibachi restaurant. The restaurant can be very loud, we got lucky and were placed in a two table room and not one of the larger rooms.

Disnee4Me

My DH is not the daring type when it comes to trying new foods, but he loves this place, so we always go here. As far as price, we recently went to a place in Westport, CT that was even pricier. And while I try to watch my budget at home, I kinda go hog wild at the World.

DisneyDebNJ

I've never thought of reserving an ADR at Teppan Edo because I wasn't sure how different it was from a local hibachi restaurant. I'd rather eat at WDW restaurants that we cannot eat on a regular basis at home.
This is my theory when it comes to Planet Hollywood or Rainforest Cafe, but DS loves Teppan Edo, probably as much as he loves Ohana ..... so

NYwdwfan

I'm surprised to hear so many people call it pricey - it's right around what we pay locally on Long Island. But then again, we also pay over $4.00/gallon for gas so things here are pretty inflated right across the board, I suppose.

We always go - it's familiar food for the kids and they love the Disney spin on things.

disneycouple07

This is my theory when it comes to Planet Hollywood or Rainforest Cafe, but DS loves Teppan Edo, probably as much as he loves Ohana ..... so

And we love Planet Hollywood & Rainforest Cafe because of the atmosphere. Closest place for us is a Hardrock Cafe and IMO that doesn't even compare to Planet Hollywood and Rainforest Cafe. This trip will be our first time for O'hana and I've already heard from a friend how good it is! If my child wanted to eat at Teppan Edo, you better believe I would be there! :D

Phonedave

We're thinking about reserving a spot at Teppan Edo and we're wondering how you all (who have eaten there) would compare it to a typical hibachi restaurant in your hometown. Better? The same? I notice the menu doesn't include fried rice like the local places around here do. Is that due to it not being authentic to Japan? Thanks.

Food quality - on par and price with the Teppan places around here that are situated in hotels - heck, the Holiday Inn has one about a mile away.

If you want to talk dedicated Teppanyaki places, there is no comparison. The quality of food at Teppan Edo is much much less.

As for show, I have found the show element in Teppan Edo to be lacking. Of course that is luck of the draw. I have had bad performances at some of my "go to" places. But I don't think I would go back to Teppan Edo again. it's pretty sad when my two kids who were around 9 and 12 at the time were saying that both the food and the show was substandard.

-dave

gobraves

Big fan of TE and go there on every trip. It is not as good as our local hibachi place, which is top of the line but it is fun and familiar. Sake and a sapporo in Japan is always a highlight for us. I disagree that it is pricey, same prices relative to all hibachi places.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom