Teppan Edo gluten free?

bsmartin2000

Original Poster
Has anyone ever eaten here with allergies? Grandson has gluten and beef allergies. How accommodating do you think the restaurant would be?

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Just make sure you have the allergies noted on your reservation. The white rice is gluten-free, but the udon noodles contain wheat.

Herdman

My wife has a shellfish allergy, and they have been very accomodating. Just make sure they know when you are seated.

donsullivan

Premium Member
My wife has a shellfish allergy, and they have been very accomodating. Just make sure they know when you are seated.

I encountered this during one visit and they would not let anyone else at the table order shrimp. There were other at the table who were not even a little bit pleased with that restriction being imposed on them.

Deno

Tepan Edo is one of our favourite places to eat but my 11 year old has recently been diagnosed as gluten intolerant.

As far as I am aware, at Tepan Edo, they will cook the allergy friendly meal separately in the kitchen and bring it when the rest of the group are ready to eat.

I've done a lot of research for our upcoming August trip and you're going to be fine. I think WDW have this covered at their restaurants.

But yes, make sure you click the gluten allergy box when making the reservation

Hockey89

I encountered this during one visit and they would not let anyone else at the table order shrimp. There were other at the table who were not even a little bit pleased with that restriction being imposed on them.
Wow. I’d be ed too. Every place I’ve ever been to offered shrimp as part of the meal. No one would have fun after that.

Herdman

That's not what happened with us there or any other hibachi style restaurant we have ever visted. They simply clean off the grill and prepare all my wife's food before putting any shrimp on the grill. Seems simple enough to do.

donsullivan

Premium Member
That's not what happened with us there or any other hibachi style restaurant we have ever visted. They simply clean off the grill and prepare all my wife's food before putting any shrimp on the grill. Seems simple enough to do.
I can only describe my experience. The individual suggested they could not even be near shellfish being prepared so nobody at the table could have any. I have to admit, it felt pretty selfish to me to chose that sort of a dining location and impose their personal constraints on others at the table.

Herdman

I can only describe my experience. The individual suggested they could not even be near shellfish being prepared so nobody at the table could have any. I have to admit, it felt pretty selfish to me to chose that sort of a dining location and impose their personal constraints on others at the table.
Ok, well that's a little differnt then. They obviously have a severe allergy. My wife just can't ingest or have shellfish touch her skin. Some people can't even be in the room where the allergens could be in the air from the cooking. That what it sounds like for this person. I don't think we would visit that sort of restaurant if her allergy was that severe.

Hockey89

Of course it is.... I had this once at a place in NJ in the Marriot... Some old bag didn't want any salt or soy sauce on anything... She told the table that's how it has to be.... We took a hard pass on that...

correcaminos

Wow, that's flat out rude to do IMO. I have issues with onions and they can be on the same table, but not in the same spot. They brought me specific rice that was onion free. I opted just not to have the veggies and they cooked my food on one area of the table for me faaar from the others. If it was more than that, I'd skip that type of dining TBH.

ynahtebwdw

Has anyone ever eaten here with allergies? Grandson has gluten and beef allergies. How accommodating do you think the restaurant would be?

We have eaten here with a gluten allergy and they were very accommodating, simply cooked the gluten free food away from everything else (allergy was not severe enough to warrant anything else). I would say that your options are quite limited in terms of sides and sauces. You will only be able to order the white rice and there are no sauces available that are gluten free apart from a vinegar-based sauce that I really did not care for.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Well, if they weren't part of your party, I'd have asked to be moved to another grill.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I would have said to move them. Or better yet don’t go somewhere in a group setting trying to tell others what they can eat.
Hey, people gotta eat. But if I go hibachi or teppanyaki, I'm going to want some shrimp with my beef cuts. If I can be moved, I don't mind sparing the allergic person the shame of banishment -- even though they're dining there, it's not their fault they're allergic.

Hockey89

Hey, people gotta eat. But if I go hibachi or teppanyaki, I'm going to want some shrimp with my beef cuts. If I can be moved, I don't mind sparing the allergic person the shame of banishment -- even though they're dining there, it's not their fault they're allergic.
Of course people have to eat but that’s not the point. To go to a place like hibachi and try to tell others what to eat is beyond selfish. Go to a place that doesn’t impact others. What is so hard about this

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom